Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

This is all a bunch of terrible garbage but lol at the idea that people are worrying about tumblr and the terrible spectre of Political Correctness making SA weak and unable to compete with 9gag/funnyjunk sites stealing jokes from webcomics

It's really dumb and even Lowtax knew it was dumb like less than a year ago, when he was regularly engaging with both the alt right and tumblr types and aknowledged they were both awful sides of the same coin. It's just a reaction to the Shmorky thing. You can see the huge difference between Lowtaxs posts from the 3rd in the GBS thread and the 8th on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
who the gently caress is this voidburger person and why does anyone care what they say?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Aphex- posted:

who the gently caress is this voidburger person and why does anyone care what they say?

Voidburger LP'ed all of the Silent Hill games back in the late 00's; that's how I know her at least. I guess she's still LPing!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

"I'm galaxy-kin, my pronouns are star, stars, and starself, please tag your pictures of apples uwu" is pretty ridiculous but it is not and has never been anywhere near the other side of the coin that says "kill all niggers", hope that helps!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

person a: please unfollow me if u r cis

person b: *burns a black church down* white power

person c, the Rational Goon: these are roughly the same thing

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

person b: Hey dude
person a: THATS A MICROAGRESSION YOU loving RAPIST

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

purple death ray posted:

person b: *burns a black church down* white power

person c, the Rational Goon: these are roughly the same thing
Did they use your strawman as fuel to burn it?

Edit: Or perhaps they had easier access to this one.

TTerrible posted:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm just trying to help.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's really dumb and even Lowtax knew it was dumb like less than a year ago, when he was regularly engaging with both the alt right and tumblr types and aknowledged they were both awful sides of the same coin. It's just a reaction to the Shmorky thing. You can see the huge difference between Lowtaxs posts from the 3rd in the GBS thread and the 8th on

maybe you should also post a banme if you don't like how lowtax prefers his forum

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Poor Lowtax, I guess the internet really did make him stupid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have read zero posts of the latest Schmorky thread

what happened now?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

maybe you should also post a banme if you don't like how lowtax prefers his forum

Pretty good quote for the thread where we make fun of bad admin/mod decisions, thanks for your contribution weird whitenoise poster who's been tonguing lowtaxs rear end in a top hat nonstop for days

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wow that is gross! Please stop doing that Hoggewild

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think Lowtax is very good but I would only lick his rear end in a top hat if he asked

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did they use your strawman as fuel to burn it?

Edit: Or perhaps they had easier access to this one.

Don't be ridiculous. Straw isn't going to give you nearly enough heat for church burning

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

what happened now?

I'm not sure myself, but I think he said we could say "retard" again and now this is happening? Again, I don't know.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TTerrible posted:

Person a is a dipshit sure but do we really want to say they're basically the same as literal neo nazis though

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I dunno, at this point I'm legit worried for the guy's mental health. You spend a decade+ telling the internet "come at me bro, you'll never shake my scabrous sense of humor & ironic distance" but when something stressful (really, several somethings from the sound of it) happens in real life, and you've still gotta deal with that torrent of poo poo on top of it?

Kinda hoping he sees a psych at some point. (Schmorky too, I guess, but he's proven pretty decisively at this point that he's a toxic personality with no intention of trying to change.)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

purple death ray posted:

Person a is a dipshit sure but do we really want to say they're basically the same as literal neo nazis though

I was trying to illustrate that the two examples you used weren't equal in their retard power level.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

TTerrible posted:

I was trying to illustrate that the two examples you used weren't equal in their retard power level.

please refrain from charging your spirit bomb itt

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Aphex- posted:

The only thing I know voidburger from is her arguments with the nutter that was a mod for the Silent Hill wiki and insisted the main villain's motivation was that he was circumcised, because everything bad in life and in video games was due to male circumcision.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Lovechop posted:

please refrain from charging your spirit bomb itt

I don't watch anime.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rangpur posted:

I dunno, at this point I'm legit worried for the guy's mental health. You spend a decade+ telling the internet "come at me bro, you'll never shake my scabrous sense of humor & ironic distance" but when something stressful (really, several somethings from the sound of it) happens in real life, and you've still gotta deal with that torrent of poo poo on top of it?

Kinda hoping he sees a psych at some point. (Schmorky too, I guess, but he's proven pretty decisively at this point that he's a toxic personality with no intention of trying to change.)

I've been posting about lowtax more than I realized so this'll be the last one, but I think he's just too involved in social media. He responds to basically everyone who tweets him and will go out of his way to post on other forums that mention him or something awful, the majority of which are going to be hostile. That would've hosed with my head years ago, let alone if my family was involved or targeted. I think taking a long vacation from the internet would be a good thing for him

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BJPaskoff posted:

The only thing I know voidburger from is her arguments with the nutter that was a mod for the Silent Hill wiki and insisted the main villain's motivation was that he was circumcised, because everything bad in life and in video games was due to male circumcision.

Holy poo poo I forgot about that. Do you know where to find that cause I remember it being pretty good

If I remember correctly the dude edited as many of the wiki pages as he could to make 90% of them reference the horrors of circumcision in some way

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

TTerrible posted:

I don't watch anime.

Trap sprung

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've been posting about lowtax more than I realized so this'll be the last one, but I think he's just too involved in social media. He responds to basically everyone who tweets him and will go out of his way to post on other forums that mention him or something awful, the majority of which are going to be hostile. That would've hosed with my head years ago, let alone if my family was involved or targeted. I think taking a long vacation from the internet would be a good thing for him

nah, but it would do good for you

and you should also stop being a pedo apologist

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

Lmfao you're so bad at this

Anyway I found the voidburger-circumcision thing collected together

https://storify.com/jasperrolls/the-silent-hill-wiki-circumcision-meltdown-of-2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

Relax man, nobody's a "pedo apologist" here.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

what happened now?

instead of being cucked by tumblr we're going to start being more like the forum that goes after crisis hotlines for funsies

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TTerrible posted:

No poo poo that's because tumblr weirdos and the alt-right aren't equally awful, that's literally the point

If you have an example of a tumblr weirdo having an impact on the world on the level of the Charleston shooting or even the racist graffiti that sprung up mysteriously the morning of Nov 9th by all means post it but overall a bunch of sadbrained nerds upset about the lack of nonbinary pronouns in video games are not the same thing as an emboldened group of people who are out there committing hate crimes irl

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nobody is putting them in the same category. When people talk about "the alt-right" they're talking about dipshits on Internet forums and YouTube vloggers. It's peurile to pretend like people are just ignoring mass shooting racists because they have some motivation to do so when it's pretty clear they're talking about morons online. This line of argument is exactly as retarded as people, say, dismissing BLM as a whole as a group of racist thugs because of those dipshits that tortured the handicapped guy. You're getting really hung up on people making offhand comments on them being "just as bad" on an internet comedy forum, an insubstantial opinion of an individual which affects nothing anywhere.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

TTerrible posted:

What do you mean?

it's weird they weren't permabanned imo

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Dolla Dolla bills my nigga

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Grandmother of Five posted:

it's weird they weren't permabanned imo

Is Wicket Hate the one where they don't permaban him because they're afraid he'll commit suicide and no one "wants to be responsible for that"?

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

oldpainless posted:

Is Wicket Hate the one where they don't permaban him because they're afraid he'll commit suicide and no one "wants to be responsible for that"?

yes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lmfao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

what happened now?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heath posted:

Nobody is putting them in the same category. When people talk about "the alt-right" they're talking about dipshits on Internet forums and YouTube vloggers. It's peurile to pretend like people are just ignoring mass shooting racists because they have some motivation to do so when it's pretty clear they're talking about morons online. This line of argument is exactly as retarded as people, say, dismissing BLM as a whole as a group of racist thugs because of those dipshits that tortured the handicapped guy. You're getting really hung up on people making offhand comments on them being "just as bad" on an internet comedy forum, an insubstantial opinion of an individual which affects nothing anywhere.

OK even ignoring the effects of these groups in reality you are still talking about one group that writes blogs about how Dr. Strange is racist and we should respect everyone's pronouns and then another group writing blogs about how the Jews control everything and we should kill all the black people, like that's not the same coin or even really the same currency

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kelp Me! posted:

what the gently caress

Schmorky is a diaper-poo poo-piss-pedophile monster and Lowtax once had the bastard on payroll.