Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Aleth posted:

Alright, people below say which character you want your prize sending to. M_Sinistrari might want to swap out that headdress for something more valuable though, and Dalris has looted his crown already.

Dely Apple: Unstable Peacemaker's Lightsaber
MadDogMike: Koensayr Revolution
McSpanky: Unstable Peacemaker's Dualsaber
Dalris: Resplendent Crown of Avarice
M_Sinistrari: Sacramental Headdress
Bilirubin: Swamp Rancor

Natoo'lund please and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Three down, three to go:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure I have 2 pieces of the Darth Andeddu you can have.

I forget which ones, I can check tonight.

Don't go out of your way over it and only if you have absolutely no other plans for them if you do have them. And I still hold out hope someone'll list one of the sets and forget a couple zeros in the price.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've put them on the AH like a dozen times and they never sell, it's fine.

...I hope they are Andeddu and I'm not mixing them up with something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Andeddu is generally pretty cheap except the booty shorts right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

It depends, you probably don't use cheap the same way everyone else does.

I recall the ones I have being worth a few million.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Fax my gift to Delytronic. Woo!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have the belt and boots, looks like.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Aleth posted:

Three down, three to go:

Thanks!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

For Andeddu, the box set's bouncing anywhere from 85 mil to 75 mil on JC with the individual pieces ranging from 40+ mil for chest/shorts with the rest ranging from 5 to 1 mil. Harb prices are close, give or take 10 mil. The Jori Daragon box set's listed for anywhere between 95 mil to 60 mil, with the chest/shorts being about 50-60 mil each, and the rest bouncing around 10 to 5 mil on both JC and Harb. I don't know if they actually sold at that price or people are throwing prices out there to see what hits. So when you guys said the Andeddu set barely sold and you couldn't give it away when it came out, I admit a little wondering what the hell happened since. I mean, it's not like JC or Harb were ever RP servers where I could understand certain looks being pricey.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

For Andeddu, the box set's bouncing anywhere from 85 mil to 75 mil on JC with the individual pieces ranging from 40+ mil for chest/shorts with the rest ranging from 5 to 1 mil. Harb prices are close, give or take 10 mil. The Jori Daragon box set's listed for anywhere between 95 mil to 60 mil, with the chest/shorts being about 50-60 mil each, and the rest bouncing around 10 to 5 mil on both JC and Harb. I don't know if they actually sold at that price or people are throwing prices out there to see what hits. So when you guys said the Andeddu set barely sold and you couldn't give it away when it came out, I admit a little wondering what the hell happened since. I mean, it's not like JC or Harb were ever RP servers where I could understand certain looks being pricey.

That's crazy. I know the shorts were in high demand from day 1 as they were the first collections enabled booty shorts, but they've since added the basic underwear sets and a few other skimpy things.

On a side note, last night of Life Day! I put some more parcels in the Guild Bank!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The secondary pieces don't have an appearance that stands out so the only ones buying are people looking to complete the set for collections, so they don't sell much.

But people in SWTOR aren't willing to ever lower prices to make a sale, so they stay way high.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The secondary pieces don't have an appearance that stands out so the only ones buying are people looking to complete the set for collections, so they don't sell much.

But people in SWTOR aren't willing to ever lower prices to make a sale, so they stay way high.

Yeah GTN is sorely in need of some upgrades, I wish it had a "Looking to Buy" option where you could look to see what people are willing to pay for your items, and immediately sell them. Hell, even Everquest had that. :(

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I made a picture thingy on imgur of my first moments with SWAMP RANCOR goddamned thing is bigger than I expected

http://imgur.com/a/XPHcb

Thanks again for running this contest! It's amazing :neckbeard:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

That's crazy. I know the shorts were in high demand from day 1 as they were the first collections enabled booty shorts, but they've since added the basic underwear sets and a few other skimpy things.

On a side note, last night of Life Day! I put some more parcels in the Guild Bank!

I know the skimpy stuff tends to be pricey. I made some decent credits off the ton of Elegant Loungewear I got out of a hypercrate. I think I even threw a set in the guild bank I had so many. Mostly I'm trying to gather up enough sets of armor that I can piece together something Aztec looking for my Sith Purebloods, and going the add to collections and unlock for all is a bit more cost effective should I get another bout of alt-itis again.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

McSpanky posted:

*Were it available, I would forfeit the contest, anything in my stash, and indeed my intimate dignity for a Senya's lightsaber pike.

Catch me in game sometime, I may have an extra.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

These boots don't fit right

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ainsley McTree posted:

These boots don't fit right

I can think of a few SWTOR characters I'd like to give a swift boot implant.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Go ahead and send the Revolution to Jasmala, please.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

Just need confirmation of McSpanky's character name for the dualsaber and all done.

Edit: preferably an Imperial character so I can mail the thing.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 10, 2017

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Following on the the earlier conversations, my biggest problem with running through this game as a "bad" character is the fact that the "bad" choice invariably seems to be the most stupid.

There have been loads of instances where "kill them" was the Dark Side choice over "let them live and have a valuable asset for you to abuse further into the story".

It just used to drive me to distraction that I had to make choices that were just so obviously wrong story wise if I wanted to be 100% Dark Side.

Playing a Trooper as a psychotic serial killer on the other hand never gets old, especially running around with Murderbot.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The best darkside choices are the ones that cut out whole stages of questlines and let you get on with the important things.

Inquisitor gets some good ones.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

All sent!

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
I just wish the DS warrior used choke more often instead of the generic lightsaber kill animations. Using the force to grab someone and impale them is a pretty pro move though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Burt posted:

Following on the the earlier conversations, my biggest problem with running through this game as a "bad" character is the fact that the "bad" choice invariably seems to be the most stupid.

There have been loads of instances where "kill them" was the Dark Side choice over "let them live and have a valuable asset for you to abuse further into the story".

It just used to drive me to distraction that I had to make choices that were just so obviously wrong story wise if I wanted to be 100% Dark Side.

Playing a Trooper as a psychotic serial killer on the other hand never gets old, especially running around with Murderbot.

Yeah game's funny that way, if you play the classes that are philosophically invested in the struggle of good against evil, going dark side often results in just doing a lot of dumb shortsighted poo poo. But if you play a soldier just doing your job that way, you become a loving Waffen SS war criminal.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

McSpanky posted:

Yeah game's funny that way, if you play the classes that are philosophically invested in the struggle of good against evil, going dark side often results in just doing a lot of dumb shortsighted poo poo. But if you play a soldier just doing your job that way, you become a loving Waffen SS war criminal.

The non-Force classes had a hell of a lot more creative freedom when their stories were being written, and it shows.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Does murdering all the possessed Jedi Masters in the Consular story do anything funny?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That reminds me that I need to get around to designing a magneto costume for my TK sage...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

That reminds me that I need to get around to designing a magneto costume for my TK sage...

I'm burned out for new characters for a while, but I'm prepping for the next DvL event by reserving some names -

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is there any money to be made in crafting now? And if so, which skill is the best one to take if I only plan to take one?

I've decided to take a crafting skill so I can get easy planetary conquest points every week, but I'm not sure what else I want to do with crafting besides that. And since they can all craft war supplies, it doesn't seem to matter which one I pick for that purpose.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crafting is a very high investment to get a good return, especially now that the 230-244 schematics are all random drops from operations and Galactic Command.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do for crafting profit is to sell augmentation kit components or the kits themselves. They'll always be in demand and are fairly easy to make. I'd recommend Cybertech as you can make Mods, Enhancements and Earpieces for your alts.

Artifice is a money maker as well with dyes, but that's a long game as well. There are a few schematics you can get from reputation vendors that seem to sell fairly well.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In addition to the augmentation kits, is there any money to be made in selling any of the other universal crafting stuff (prefab/fabricator/dark project stuff)? I'm not even at a level where I can even look at these recipes so that could be another long game situation, but I figure I'll ask and see if it's a thing to look forward to.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

In addition to the augmentation kits, is there any money to be made in selling any of the other universal crafting stuff (prefab/fabricator/dark project stuff)? I'm not even at a level where I can even look at these recipes so that could be another long game situation, but I figure I'll ask and see if it's a thing to look forward to.

Probably. I haven't looked at prices on those in further. The components to craft them come from a bunch of different crew skills so you'd need to spread your gathering out (like, some of them require underworld trading fabrics, color crystals from archaeology, and slicing mats). I haven't bothered with stronghold crafting since it launched.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

From when I last remember looking, dark projects were going for 100,000-500,000 credits. Not sure what they're going for now. As far as prefab recipes go, this is a pretty okay approximation of what you'll need for what. https://torcommunity.com/guides/swtor-crew-skills/prefab-dark-project-crafting From what I've seen in my own crafting listings, only change is there's now a dark project that'll use the new isotopes that are dropping for the same amount used as the old isotopes.

I do crank out a lot of prefabs, but so far I'm mostly using them for me since my pretty princess dress up addiction also applies to strongholds.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

From when I last remember looking, dark projects were going for 100,000-500,000 credits.

I'm assuming you haven't checked since 5.0 launched, now that all of the components for Dark Projects are available on the Jawa Scrap vendors and not drops from Operations and Hard Mode Flashpoints. :)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'm assuming you haven't checked since 5.0 launched, now that all of the components for Dark Projects are available on the Jawa Scrap vendors and not drops from Operations and Hard Mode Flashpoints. :)

As much as I want to say I have, it's more likely not. I haven't checked the Scrap vendors in probably longer. My only interest in the Dark Projects was to buy ship decorations for myself. I've never really put much thought towards selling them off.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

How does one make dark projects?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I believe it's 5 of the exotic grade 9 blue mats and 1 purple exotic grade 9 mat.

Actually, I am going to look into costs because that may become a good way to open up the ship since they're available at the scrap vendors.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Ive got a bunch of extra scrap I'm not using so if you want any, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Where do you get purple scrap from, besides guild conquest rewards, which we probably aren't getting any time soon

I know google exists, but I can't tell what information is actually up to date anymore, nobody seems to be really maintaining information about this dead game anymore

• Locked thread