Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

loquacius posted:

If I like Tales games (Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia are the ones I've played) is Tales Of Hearts good? It has mediocre reviews, but every Tales game has mediocre reviews so that doesn't really tell me much.
Yeah Hearts R is fine. It's a port of a DS game so the plot moves fairly fast compared to the games you mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I bought Tales of Hearts R to try to encourage them to bring over Tales of Innocence.
Kind of let down both times, but mostly because I have a bunch of other Tales games (and the Innocence fan patch) to finish and they're more engaging.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I bought One Piece Burning Blood and this game'a story mode is terrible.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So we're all gonna use this thread to talk about Future Tone even though it's not out on our dead gay handheld right?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wouldn't mind using the PS4 thread for it because a lot of people throw fits in there if they think their bloodborne thread is getting too anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually bought Burning Blood and Gal gun for PS4, but talk about it in here because Idc for the PS4 thread.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sounds like it's finally time for someone to make the all-encompassing Something Awful Anime Games Thread.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At least wait for the Switch presentation.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lets hang out posted:

Sounds like it's finally time for someone to make the all-encompassing Something Awful Anime Games Thread.

I would post in this thread

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
:same:

Granted like 90% of the anime games are on Vita anyway so

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

lets hang out posted:

That sounds pretty cool. Like, just licensed stuff based on shows and the like, right?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

yes but which games are anime

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Your favorite ones

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Really Pants posted:

I can define this p well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna play the Revolutionary Girl Utena Saturn game

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

In Training posted:

I wanna play the Revolutionary Girl Utena Saturn game

as someone who wishes they still had it to sell it. that was a fantastic game

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

as someone who wishes they still had it to sell it. that was a fantastic game

Did you have to drive the main character as a dragster after the car wash fell out of the sky on her? The power to revolutionize the world is really hosed up, it turns out.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Where's the best place to buy one of these things? I didn't pull the trigger on buying one last year, and now I'd like to grab one for the collection.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

Did you have to drive the main character as a dragster after the car wash fell out of the sky on her? The power to revolutionize the world is really hosed up, it turns out.

I believe it's a VN playing as one of the students at the school

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Where's the best place to buy one of these things? I didn't pull the trigger on buying one last year, and now I'd like to grab one for the collection.

If you've got a CEX or other secondhand store they tend to have 'em in good condition and pretty cheap. If you're looking for in-box-brand-new it's basically lucky at Gamestop or through an online seller.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Midjack posted:

come to think of it i was thinking of magic knights rayearth

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Midjack posted:

Man, Utena the show was off-kilter and weird but still understandable (and awesome) most of the time. Utena the movie is just weird.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Didn't that Utena game get a translation patch recently? SSF works pretty well these days.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Burning Blood makes me want to die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Burning Blood makes me want to die

why did you buy it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was cheap as hell and I was curious

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The only One Piece game worth getting is Pirate Warriors 3.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Not Vita but still.
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/818854777752784900

Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone free on PS4 right now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's the demo, and you buy the DLC to unlock the rest of the songs.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Playing Sever right now - it's a very good game with some fun combat mechanics.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Policenaut posted:

It's the demo, and you buy the DLC to unlock the rest of the songs.

:smugjones: That's a lovely bait and switch.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the hell did you expect?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the hell did you expect?

Minecraft was free on PSN by mistake one time but that's the only time I've ever seen that happen

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Please pay Miku for her hard work

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't really see how it's a bait and switch when the store description for the item says its a demo with only two songs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

baited by a dumb tweet unrelated to the seller, basically

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Help Im Alive posted:

Minecraft was free on PSN by mistake one time but that's the only time I've ever seen that happen
I got Uncharted 3 and GoW Ascension like that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remember buying DLC and getting the game free.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bhikkhuni's translator showed up on 4chan yesterday and aside of mentioning both Valkyrie Drive and Steins Gate 0 performing quite nicely, he mentioned that PQube is looking to bring more VN and Otome games to the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dehry posted:

I remember buying DLC and getting the game free.

Heh, I remember doing that once. Got Uncharted Vita for free for buying a 1€ DLC map. I didn't even have a Vita at the time.

Now that I think about it, I ended up never playing the Uncharted game. Not anime enough.