Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I mean the Gamecube (and Wii when that dies) is still sitting here, functional as ever.

But I would do it for like some manner of quasi-HD-sorta-better-looking improvements on a few games or some rare-and-now-ridiculously-expensive games I missed the first go-around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Squiddos of War the splatoon/gears of war cross-over confirmed!!!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Squiddos of War the splatoon/gears of war cross-over confirmed!!!

I think you got a few details mixed up. The Gears crossover will be Gears of Wario.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gamexplain protects me from the bad youtube man

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

s.i.r.e. posted:

B...bu..buu... but he looks like a NAZI! :qq: What a stupid joke!

You also seem like you're a Nazi.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I remember when Jim Sterling was at Destructoid and spent a lot of time trolling feminists. I was surprised to hear he pretty much did a 180 but I've been safely ignoring him for like a decade now.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just anyone who's gimmick is "I TELL IT LIKE IT IS I'M NOT BEHOLDEN TO CORPORATE INTERESTS. BE WARNED YOU CANT HANDLE THESE TRUTH BOMBS I'M ABOUT TO DROP" is usually a ponce. And is the president elect. If I'm gonna block the president elect then why am I gonna listen to some youtuber with the same deal.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

greatn posted:

Just anyone who's gimmick is "I TELL IT LIKE IT IS I'M NOT BEHOLDEN TO CORPORATE INTERESTS. BE WARNED YOU CANT HANDLE THESE TRUTH BOMBS I'M ABOUT TO DROP" is usually a ponce.

That's not his gimmick though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I see I made a grave mistake posting a video talking about how Nintendo has been poo poo when it comes to the VC.

Shut the gently caress up about the dude himself please.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kashuno posted:

I see I made a grave mistake posting a video talking about how Nintendo has been poo poo when it comes to the VC.

Post a video from someone else, like a blue puppet. Maybe that'll go better.

Literally no one here is gonna be a big fan of the VC release schedule. It's just also most of us aren't dumb enough to think "I ran these all in 1998 in my class's pentium 2! Nintendo's so lazy all they have to do is press a button! False scarcity!"

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Kashuno posted:

Related: the Retronauts podcast recently did an episode about the VC on account of the ten year anniversary of it's debut and man it really is nuts how not great it's been in retrospect. The worst part of consoles is having to rebuy digital games every five years. Be like steam and I will buy so many more games from you Nintendo!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nintendo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:same:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:yeah:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stan Taylor posted:

Related: the Retronauts podcast recently did an episode about the VC on account of the ten year anniversary of it's debut and man it really is nuts how not great it's been in retrospect. The worst part of consoles is having to rebuy digital games every five years. Be like steam and I will buy so many more games from you Nintendo!

Maybe this time Nintendo will have a proper account system

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I agree

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

codenameFANGIO posted:

You also seem like you're a Nazi.

Oh my, this is when I say Hitler didn't do anything wrong right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, can you guys imagine what it's gonna be like on Thursday when this thread actually has stuff to talk about?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I look forward to seeing 200 posts and it actually being real info.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Man, can you guys imagine what it's gonna be like on Thursday when this thread actually has stuff to talk about?

Everyone has to post a reaction video as they watch the stream.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

s.i.r.e. posted:

Oh my, this is when I say Hitler didn't do anything wrong right?

He did a few good things. He killed Hitler.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

greatn posted:

Post a video from someone else, like a blue puppet. Maybe that'll go better.

No it wouldn't.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did someone say Nintendo?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kashuno posted:

I look forward to seeing 200 posts and it actually being real info.

Not empty quoting.

I"m actually pretty excited about watching this stream on Thursday. I'm very interested in this thing.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did someone say Nintendo?

False alarm. They said Sega.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Wintendo.

Nintenyes.

Nintendon'tmindifIdo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

False alarm. They said Sega.

Goddammit.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

*Xander Mobus voice* NINCREDIBLE!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alOD36LdoY4

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The bit about Mario on a brick toilet waving to someone who walked in on him gave me what may end up as the biggest laugh of 2017, I'm comfy waiting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

just :lol: if you play videogames and don't exclusively discuss them on the internet.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

just :lol: if you play videogames and don't exclusively discuss them on the internet.

just :lol: if you don't create artwork for the mafiart thread

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I can't believe that the next Tokyo Mirage game is a Pilotwings crossover

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

just :lol: if you don't create artwork for the mafiart thread

:saddowns: I was out doing board game things

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's going to be alien actually having information to talk about but it's going to own. Then the wait begins and that's going to suck, hoping that I get a drat preorder in.

Cojawfee posted:

He did a few good things. He killed Hitler.

He gave us VW too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looking forward to VC titles so I can sell my originals and free up space.

Just kidding. VC is going to be even worse this time.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Two days until the Switch reveal and all I can think about is what kind of new content we can expect for the next Smash Bros. game

I really hope they keep Smash Run, that has to be the best mode of any Smash game

idk stock matches are pretty good

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

s.i.r.e. posted:

He gave us VW too.

He said good things.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

VideoGames posted:

Nintendon'tmindifIdo.

This is awesome. I'm going to use this.

Can't wait for the presentation. Of the things that are basically guaranteed to be shown, I'm most curious about the new Mario. I've loved all the 3D Marios. As a kid, for a long time Super Mario 64 was the only game I had for the N64 and I played the poo poo out of it. I was actually really sad when I finally got all 120 stars. The first Mario Galaxy was the next time a 3D Mario really fealty "magic" to me, even though the ones between were still good. As much as 3D World owns, I'd be super excited if the next Mario was either much more like 64 or Galaxy 3.

I'm excited for BotW too, but they've already shown quite a bit of gameplay from that. I'm quite interested to see what they're adding to Smash, if anything. Mario Kart will obviously get more tracks and characters, possibly new and/or improved modes (like adding a real battle mode, for one). With Smash it'd be a lot of trouble to add a new character unless it was a clone (though I'd be fine with a clone, frankly, as long as it was cool), but new maps would definitely be on the table. The switch version really should come with all the DLC, and it'd be great if it had Smash Run. They'll probably at least make it have the trophies and maps from both the Wii U and 3DS games, also.

Now, I would really love it if the presentation included an announcement for a late 2017 or early 2018 Fire Emblem title. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it'd be great. A Kirby game would be nice, but we just got Robobot. I also wouldn't mind if there was a 2D Mario game announced as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
2 days remain

• Locked thread