Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yup

Matthews was your leading receiver?

He was with 945 yards and 9 tds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Reminder that my and good 'ol Dan Marino's alma mater defeated the national champs this year lol.

Someone draft James Conner -- he's the next great NFL player to come out of Pitt

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

the awesome thing about the Bears is that they are so bereft of talent at literally every position, every pick fills a need

e: also the bears don't need alshon they have kevin whiahahahahahahaha

Never have I been so sad to be completely right about a pick

loving Kevin White

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Watson's receivers are clutch as gently caress. Watson in the that first half was uh oh. I mean I don't want to be completely down on Watson since he made some awesome throws on that last drive but he really didn't look that good for most of the game. Sailed some really easy passes and didn't look that great running the ball.

I'll still take Watson every day over Mitch and whoever else is being drafted this year

Bama D is really good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bigass Moth posted:

Does he have skinny knees like Teddy?

Teddy played much more of an NFL style game in college.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So assuming Garret/Allen 1/2, should the Bears take Adams, LSU Safety at #3, or Watson? Trading down means both those players will be gone in the two picks prior to wherever they end up, no matter if they trade down to 5 or 20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, stay away from Mike Williamses.

Good thing the Texans didn't draft another Carr, right?

Calm down, it was a joke. Leave the worrying about the draft to people who still have a team

Doltos posted:

Well Watson almost cost Clemson that game. That and the refs.

Either way Mike Williams is going to fool us all again and make us draft a Mike Williams. He's so loving good.

That was some truly special clock management but why is Watson to blame? Dabo could have called timeout

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/818876217612967936

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Calm down, it was a joke. Leave the worrying about the draft to people who still have a team

gently caress off

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Intruder posted:

a neat cape posted:

gently caress off
:laffo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'm not. He's too small. He's turned over the ball way too much and he's going to take time to learn to win from the pocket.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

mcmagic posted:

Teddy played much more of an NFL style game in college.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The Glumslinger posted:

Never have I been so sad to be completely right about a pick

loving Kevin White

Unless you predicted that he would be hurt his first two seasons due to injury, you were not right. :v:

I still think it is 50/50 that Alshon stays. It sucks that we have no idea what Kevin White is, which is why we need to resign Alshon.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

gently caress off

Hey buddy you ok

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Dilber posted:

I would take Corn Elder in the fourth if he's still available. He seems underrated because of his size, but he turned into a shutdown corner.

Very good name, but pray he skips the combine.

Sataere posted:

Unless you predicted that he would be hurt his first two seasons due to injury, you were not right. :v:

I still think it is 50/50 that Alshon stays. It sucks that we have no idea what Kevin White is, which is why we need to resign Alshon.

Every single good WVU prospect lately has seemingly blown up some body part after being drafted, except for Karl Joseph who destroyed his in college instead and Geno who just got punched out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Saucer Crab posted:

Every single good WVU prospect lately has seemingly blown up some body part after being drafted, except for Karl Joseph who destroyed his in college instead and Geno who just got punched out.

Bruce Irvin's alright. I think he's the only one since like, Pac Man though.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Bruce Irvin's alright. I think he's the only one since like, Pac Man though.

Even then he derailed himself after a pretty good rookie year with a drug suspension and sorta getting lost in the mix afterward.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I want the Redskins to get Harrison from Bama he's cool

E: he's not coming out until next year 🙁

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 10, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

That was some truly special clock management but why is Watson to blame? Dabo could have called timeout

I meant the first half. I thought he looked quite good on the last drive but he still reminds me of Geno Smith

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He looked really good the whole second half except his deep ball which was bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

He looked really good the whole second half except his deep ball which was bad.

Even that's kinda understandable in this particular game, Bama's pass rush was getting there all day.

Less understandable in other games.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Saucer Crab posted:

Oh, Geno's jaw got absolutely blown up

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hard to buy that someone can look bad passing for 420 yards, running for 45, and scoring 4 TDs with no TOs against one of the greatest CFB defenses.

If he "looked bad" it's because of what you already thought about him. He played an almost perfect game after the first couple of possessions.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

Hard to buy that someone can look bad passing for 420 yards, running for 45, and scoring 4 TDs with no TOs against one of the greatest CFB defenses.

If he "looked bad" it's because of what you already thought about him. He played an almost perfect game after the first couple of possessions.

Mike Williams is going to be an absolute beast at receiver. RB Wayne Gallman doesn't seem like he's built for the NFL though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

His long passes were really bad. It's not a huge deal but it's still true.

Though he has always had this issue so I guess you are technically right?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Watson was very good in that game, but I think he does a lot of things that Manziel did that was worrying (not in that game though). For instance, Manziel would leave a perfectly clean pocket and scramble and end up running or throwing a ball that would have been bettered delivered with planted feet. Watson also kind of abandons his OL prematurely. Dude will have to get used to working in the pocket, and not start scrambling after his 1st or 2nd read.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He ran for 43 on 22 runs. That's excusable because Bama's D is built to destroy the college run game. Bama's pass defense, while great, isn't elite. Fitzpatrick is the one ballhawk on the team, everyone else are long DBs that can tackle competently. They weren't running into good QBs all year either.

Also don't get me wrong. When I think a prospect is bad I think of it on a NFL level. Watson's quite good at the collegiate level. He's somewhat smart with the football, has good legs, can hit open receivers, and played statistically great for the last two years in a high octane offense. He also displays happy feet, wings terrible balls at times, isn't that great of a runner for the elite NFL level, and benefits from an elite recruited team in a weaker conference. His passes just don't look that great and sail way too hard for the NFL. That's why I think he's bad, even though he produces.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Saucer Crab posted:

Tavon Austin never got hurt, he just sucks.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Benne posted:

Tavon Austin never got hurt, he just sucks.

OU played a great practical joke on the Rams.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Jabrill Peppers officially declared today by the way. Could be one of three safeties in the top 10/15.

At least I assume he's a safety in the NFL

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I see peppers in the 18-24 range

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Aren't safeties usually required to cover people?

PFF says he's allowed completions on 20 out of 27 passes thrown his way

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 11, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
If I'm a lottery team I really wouldn't want to stake my reputation on a guy as raw as Peppers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Peppers is like Devin Hester, played almost every position in college, but won't have a natural position in the NFL.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

schweens posted:

Jabrill Peppers officially declared today by the way. Could be one of three safeties in the top 10/15.

At least I assume he's a safety in the NFL

Hooker, Adams, and Baker are all known quantities at that position. Maybe you can make an argument for him as the 4th safety on the board, but the tendency of the NFL defensive back 7 right now is that we'd rather have a guy whose fast for his position if a little undersized rather than a big guy who may not be able to play in space the same way. I'd wager he's more likely to be a LB or whatever the hell you would call Deone Bucannon, though I think he's kind of crap at getting off blocks. Peppers is going to some DC with hubris who says he can make Peppers a ballhawk or teach him to shed blocks effectively, and I think the latter is at least easier to train.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

swickles posted:

Peppers is like Devin Hester, played almost every position in college, but won't have a natural position in the NFL.

And is also consistently best as a return man

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
A worse Hester should be a 3rd round or later pick

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think there's enough demand at safety to support Peppers going higher than 20. Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker are both well ahead of him as prospects.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's a 2nd round LEO linebacker who likely gets called a steal when in reality you require a somewhat specific defensive scheme to really let him shine.

He'd be actually pretty good in Joesphs defense

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Is Peppers better off staying another year to play one specific role?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

John Brown posted:

Is Peppers better off staying another year to play one specific role?

No one is better off staying with their draft stock as high as Peppers is.

• Locked thread