Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

Based off his history he looks like an inverted Dick Morris with all the same personality traits that make them detestable regardless of their political leanings?

Hey remember when Dick Morris helped Bill Clinton win and declare the era of big government is over?

Also I'm guessing you actually are trying to Correct the Record lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the real reason david brock sucks is he slut-shamed anita hill, a woman who was sexually harassed by a sitting supreme court justice.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

the only person i think even had remote chance of working for ctr was mitt romney and even thats a stretch

there was a lot of astroturfing elsewhere tho.

CTR's program was never a secret troll program. They spent the budget on "viral content."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
people took the CTR news to instantly associate everybody who disagreed with them as being an Actual Corporate Shill

seems like a backfiring to me

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

After the loss he was quoted as saying that CTR shilling was limited to a few kids on Facebook

But don't let that stop y'all from erasing your opposition

David Brock: A person who should be believed and taken at face value.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

zegermans posted:

maybe your ideas sucked if they could be destroyed by an insane weirdo.

this puts hillary clinton's loss in an interesting light

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Concerned Citizen posted:

CTR's program was never a secret troll program. They spent the budget on "viral content."

Ahem, do you have a better explanation as to how someone can think differently than me?!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
still, seven figures is a lot of money to drop for unironic shitposts, seeing as how 101.9% of goons do that for free

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Thoguh posted:

David Brock: A person who should be believed and taken at face value.

im hiding in my Bernie bunkers. I have my friends, but who knows who they really are. The shills... they look like us now

Some of them don't even know that they aren't human

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

GalacticAcid posted:

this puts hillary clinton's loss in an interesting light

yeah imagine being so bad you lose to Clinton

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
David Brock is such a trustworthy person.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Ace of Baes posted:

David Brock is such a trustworthy person.

...NOT!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anime was right posted:

the real reason david brock sucks is he slut-shamed anita hill, a woman who was sexually harassed by a sitting supreme court justice.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nobody accused Zegermans of being a CTR shill, they made fun of him for defending Abuela at all costs for free. I've never seen anyone on here actually accused of being a CTR shill except Mitt Romney and that was only after he immediately stopped posting after the convention.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/apas/status/818784929874112513

Lol I'm gonna hold off believing this until I see a corroborating source (wtf is "Axios") but my god, these are loving terrible picks. Howard Schultz for Labor, shoot my loving face

Krugman sucked all that dick and didn't even get a pity mention for Treasury.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh posted:

Nobody accused Zegermans of being a CTR shill, they made fun of him for defending Abuela at all costs for free. I've never seen anyone on here actually accused of being a CTR shill except Mitt Romney and that was only after he immediately stopped posting after the convention.

it'd be funny if he was, but its more likely he just had a strong familial, work, or emotional connection to the hillary campaign and thought the election was 100% over when she won the primary. lol.

fwiw im the one who pointed out that he stopped posting on that exact day, and he engaged in the same way astroturfers are trained to do, but anyone with a narrow topic of discussion can often engage like that if they want to argue disingenuously

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

logikv9 posted:

the more posts this thread has, the worse it is

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Someone changed several poster's custom titles to the ctr logo

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/onearmedpatriot/status/814648988821426176

https://mobile.twitter.com/mom13k/status/814648509924134913

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

obdicut has jokingly entered into that discussion as well, mostly because i dont think anyone wants to believe someone put that much effort into being a pedant for free :v:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Ace of Baes posted:

Parks and Rec is like the second biggest quality jump from the first few EPS to the rest of the series in any TV show I've watched, Community is #1.

I found the pilot episode of Rick & Morty to be very meh, but by episode 4 it was already taking off into the stratosphere.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Thanks for the money, suckers

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dehumanize yoursafl and faec to blodoshen

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
only somebody who is being paid to do so would defend their candidate so vigorously, says somebody defending their candidate vigorously

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i appreciate the effort you put into you pointing out your coworkers, then

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

dehumanize yoursafl and faec to blodoshen

TRUMP 202X

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

i appreciate the effort you put into you pointing out your coworkers, then

I'll post absolutely anything for a buck.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one million dollars and he couldn't get her the w.

but he sure got us the d.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anime was right posted:

it'd be funny if he was, but its more likely he just had a strong familial, work, or emotional connection to the hillary campaign and thought the election was 100% over when she won the primary. lol.

fwiw im the one who pointed out that he stopped posting on that exact day, and he engaged in the same way astroturfers are trained to do, but anyone with a narrow topic of discussion can often engage like that if they want to argue disingenuously

It was mostly his ready reserve of talking points and links. Also it is funny to think that some poor schmuck was tasked with this dead gay forum.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

TRUMP 202X

"trump twenty... twexty?"

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Rastor posted:

I found the pilot episode of Rick & Morty to be very meh, but by episode 4 it was already taking off into the stratosphere.

It must be a Dan Harmon thing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
isn't it slightly paranoid to unironically believe that people who engage you online are actual paid trolls? this isn't China or Russia... yet :getin:

Note to self: make :trumpin:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

obdicut has jokingly entered into that discussion as well, mostly because i dont think anyone wants to believe someone put that much effort into being a pedant for free :v:

As fun as it might be to joke he was a CTR shill, Obdicut was a pedant wayyyyyy before the election, the election just exacerbated his worst qualities as a poster.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"trump twenty... twexty?"

REAGAN REAGAN

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

only somebody who is being paid to do so would defend their candidate so vigorously, says somebody defending their candidate vigorously

Fishmech was supposed to be getting payments from Chafee's campaign, but they insisted on paying in something called "metric dollars" and they got into a three month argument about whether our already base-10 currency is in fact metric or not and that's why Chafee lost the primary.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: at the name of that business sounding like it was created by a 13 year old internet poster who just figured out dewdspeak.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously, is that like the minus world of time travelling?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

REAGAN REAGAN

REAGANEGAN AGAINAGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

zegermans posted:

The mind of the bernieout: so sheltered and entitled that the only logical possible conclusion to anyone disagreeing, is the they're paid to do so.

This is a weird response to someone accusing you of not getting paid.

• Locked thread