Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol it wasn't that long, it was about 30 mins IRL. But I also started purposefully building Noct towards the adamantoise fight hours ago. (+MP, Warp Strike boosts, etc). I'm not even max level either, Noct is 95 and other guys are 88

The high level hunts took waaay longer and those guys were insanely hard to beat. I used a million times more potions against them. For reference, the lvl cap is 99 but there's 2 hunts vs lvl110 & 120 monster. That was sick.

Oh okay I was way higher than I remembered, lol. I was probably at those lvls before using the 3x hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goddamn, FF7 would have been brutal.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Whoa.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Would've kept Cloud Barrett, red 13

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used Cloud, Vincent and Tifa.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

I used Cloud, Vincent and Tifa.

same but yuffie instead of tifa

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Oh my god

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

Would've kept Cloud Barrett, red 13

Cloud Cid and Red 13 for me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cloud, Cid, Yuffie.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vincent, Yuffie, Cait Sith

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Mods?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Maddox, Dan Quinn, reymon14

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is there any other way to get a sturdy helixhorb than farming duplicorns

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The real article is pretty good. Back before the game was in development for the 64 Nomura made a 2000 polygon CG Behemoth and the console couldn't possibly load that and the reason Square Movies was based on Hawaii was because it was a 'midway point between Japan and the west' (and because Hironobu Sakaguchi liked it).

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like that sakaguchis nickname around the office was 'king' because he was in control of everything and the word was in his email but apparently the real origin was that he just drank champagne a lot

kawai seems like he doesnt like nomura

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Plutonis posted:

:redass:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Is there any other way to get a sturdy helixhorb than farming duplicorns

No, just make sure you're breaking their heads during the fight if you really want to grind them out. I will advise you not to though, since you don't really need the ultimasword and there's a much better Rank 7 Hunt that drops them much easier later in the game.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No, just make sure you're breaking their heads during the fight if you really want to grind them out. I will advise you not to though, since you don't really need the ultimasword and there's a much better Rank 7 Hunt that drops them much easier later in the game.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ig ot a horn on my first kill but cid bugged out nd i cant give him any more upgrade materials :shrug:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

ig ot a horn on my first kill but cid bugged out nd i cant give him any more upgrade materials :shrug:

Do a few sidequests/bounties, then camp.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Do a few sidequests/bounties, then camp.

no, he's not doing any upgrades right now. he handed me back the drain sword III and then every other time ive talked to him since then (done a fair bit of adventuring after) he just tells me to stand up straight. i read somewhere that he doesnt take items between chapters 6 and 8 so i'll try back when i get there maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ya...From what I read I got really lucky nabbing it in the early game with ease.