Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Someone earlier in this thread said that rhulic theme forces were incoming soon? Where did that come from? Any idea on what that actually means?

I mentioned it before but (for some stupid reason) that's been a really big psychological hurdle for me to get back into wmh after mk3, so I'm really excited to hear that they're finally coming out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

!Klams posted:

Someone earlier in this thread said that rhulic theme forces were incoming soon? Where did that come from? Any idea on what that actually means?

I mentioned it before but (for some stupid reason) that's been a really big psychological hurdle for me to get back into wmh after mk3, so I'm really excited to hear that they're finally coming out!

I believe they said it would be in NQ this month (the 25th).

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

head58 posted:

I believe they said it would be in NQ this month (the 25th).

Specifically, the cover of the upcoming NQ says Rhulic Theme Force Inside.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rydiafan posted:

This is incorrect. Slams and charges require 3" but tramples do not.

gently caress yeah.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah, theme lists aren't coming out today. Hopefully Thursday will be full of interesting stuff.

Somehow people on the Ret facebook group have been clustering around the Ret theme being Mage Hunters, and the Assassin getting extra FA out of it. I don't know what they are smoking, but I want some.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol i posted the menoth spoilers in the local fb group and people are losing their poo poo over eye o' truth. Like he seems p good but you could never convince me to pay 20 pts for mat 6

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Well, he basically turns off all defensive spell buffs, and it's an effect around him on friendlies, so works well with guns. I'd take MAT 6 if it meant -3 DEF or ARM.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Doesn't work on krielstones! :getin:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol i posted the menoth spoilers in the local fb group and people are losing their poo poo over eye o' truth. Like he seems p good but you could never convince me to pay 20 pts for mat 6

I'm seeing it at MAT 7, RAT 6.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

He's crazy good and I am salty just looking at him

Dumbass Maddox character jack better be good

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

"Baaawww we can't gunline or sword line into Menoth anymore. Game is dumdum now. I'm going to play Guld Baw nao!!!"

I'm enjoying the meltdowns the Cygnar groups are having over Eye of Truth. They make it sound like Cygnar is trash tier because we can't armor jank against Menoth anymore.

Seriously, EoT only really hard counters junior and Thunderhead. It's not that bad.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I mean, it's the difference between relying on Arcane Shield letting your dudes be somewhat difficult to kill with blast damage and them just dying almost automatically. But he is 20 points. He completely shits on Haley 1 and 3, all Stryker's defensive tech, etc

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I quit warmans in mk2 because I literally couldn't win a game because I am bad at the game. I once went to a tournament for WM Weekend Qualifiers and lost every round within 20 minutes as Khador and spent like 70% of the day watching other people play after I got rekt.

Should I sell my Trolls or get back into mk3

hard times

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Razzled posted:

I quit warmans in mk2 because I literally couldn't win a game because I am bad at the game. I once went to a tournament for WM Weekend Qualifiers and lost every round within 20 minutes as Khador and spent like 70% of the day watching other people play after I got rekt.

hard times

Stop getting your caster killed and play Mk 3

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

S.J. posted:

Stop getting your caster killed and play Mk 3

You would have laughed it is pathetic how bad I am at judging distances/kill potential.

Turn 2 I'd walk Old Witch up some more and then watch a jack charge 20 inches and pulp her stupid old rear end.

Or I'd feat with Strakhov and then come up 2 inches short on the charge and die immediately

The best I ever did was when I was facing a high seed opponent and just gave up trying to win and just kind of pranced my gun carriage around shooting stuff until he beat me on scenario

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
You now can premeasure everything. This includes putting proxy bases down on the table for both your stuff and your opponents models. No more guessing or judging.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well premeasuring is in, now, fellow bad eyeballer.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Excelsiortothemax posted:

You now can premeasure everything. This includes putting proxy bases down on the table for both your stuff and your opponents models. No more guessing or judging.

Also, most of those seriously long range threats (like Miserable Molik Missile) are now gone from the game. There is some stuff that can charge from forever away, but a lower distance forever and much less stuff.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

rkajdi posted:

Also, most of those seriously long range threats (like Miserable Molik Missile) are now gone from the game. There is some stuff that can charge from forever away, but a lower distance forever and much less stuff.

Did they get rid of Irusk2 having Beast 09 murder dudes from ~20" away with the errata or does no one talk about it anymore?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

Did they get rid of Irusk2 having Beast 09 murder dudes from ~20" away with the errata or does no one talk about it anymore?

No, it's still there. But it's really the only crazy missile left, and I think Khador has/had better stuff than this in their tool chest.

EDIT: And Beast is less bad than the way Molik Karn used to bust people up in MKII. As somebody who played him a good bit, you could see the light go out in people's eyes when they had to deal with what he could do. I don't think Beast 09 is as killy when he hits a target, but I could be wrong since nobody here plays him.

rkajdi fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 10, 2017

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

S.J. posted:

I mean, it's the difference between relying on Arcane Shield letting your dudes be somewhat difficult to kill with blast damage and them just dying almost automatically. But he is 20 points. He completely shits on Haley 1 and 3, all Stryker's defensive tech, etc

Haley 3 still has a cloud wall and just dominates it forward to die.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

rantmo posted:

I'm seeing it at MAT 7, RAT 6.

Yeah i mistyped my above post i was laughing about mat 7 which is still p bad on a 20pt character heavy

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh, and we just found out why the Skorne errata and Themes aren't out right now-- War Room isn't updated yet, and shock and awe has piles of issues that need to be worked out.

JFC, I did the Army Builder files for WAB back in the day. It wasn't that bad to set up, and it was at least 5 (probably more like 10) times the number of moving parts to deal with. But then again, there's the issue that this is a single man dev house, and he chose the wrong tool for the job (Unity) according to the people here that know more. It's just frustrating to see progress halted because a contractor who was hired for a simple task doesn't know his rear end from a hole in the ground. I get too much of that at work, and seeing it spill into my hobby is just incredibly disheartening.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah i mistyped my above post i was laughing about mat 7 which is still p bad on a 20pt character heavy

Uh, all the Ret Characters are MAT 7, and I don't think anyone thinks say Impy is unplayable trash. The Eye seems very good even at 20pts, considering he can easily mitigate a charge attack or damage spike defensively, and basically wrecks defensive tech all around him.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Every Protectorate character heavy other than the Avatar is MAT 7.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ghetorix and megalith are mat7 20ish points

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Jimmy Hats posted:

I mean i know Skorne :lol: and all but I dont think even Tibbers is a mat 8 heavy.

rkajdi posted:

No, it's still there. But it's really the only crazy missile left, and I think Khador has/had better stuff than this in their tool chest.

EDIT: And Beast is less bad than the way Molik Karn used to bust people up in MKII. As somebody who played him a good bit, you could see the light go out in people's eyes when they had to deal with what he could do. I don't think Beast 09 is as killy when he hits a target, but I could be wrong since nobody here plays him.

Maybe, i think we are gonna find out soon now that very cheap Khador jack spam is less "good"

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mat 8 characters: 7 warjacks, 1 warbeast
Mat 7 characters: 22 warjacks, 8 warbeasts
Mat 6 characters: 1 warjack ( but it's a rat 7 ranged one), 3 warbeasts

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friendly Fire posted:

Haley 3 still has a cloud wall and just dominates it forward to die.

Eyeless Sight.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

I mean i know Skorne :lol: and all but I dont think even Tibbers is a mat 8 heavy.

Maybe, i think we are gonna find out soon now that very cheap Khador jack spam is less "good"

His threat is also 100% pre-measurable, so it's no longer "Oops, you misjudged by a quarter inch, now Karn will dance on your face". I personally love that there is much less gotcha in that way going on now, since it is so tilting to newer players. WMH has a hard time keeping people engaged in the game after the initial buy-in, and anything to help with that issue makes for a better community.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Razzled posted:

hard times

Play chill. Don't go to wmw, go to LGS and play while drinking and shooting the breeze with friends.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Razzled posted:

You would have laughed it is pathetic how bad I am at judging distances/kill potential.

Turn 2 I'd walk Old Witch up some more and then watch a jack charge 20 inches and pulp her stupid old rear end.

Or I'd feat with Strakhov and then come up 2 inches short on the charge and die immediately

The best I ever did was when I was facing a high seed opponent and just gave up trying to win and just kind of pranced my gun carriage around shooting stuff until he beat me on scenario
As has been said, you can now pre-measure everything.
Combo assassinations and non-linear threats are still an integral part of the game, though, and there just was a discussion a few pages back about how the game has moved more towards tournament play.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

From Pagani:

Cygnar is getting a theme force called "Storm Division". It will focus on Storm Knights and has a strong electric vibe.

Skorne's theme is called "Winds of Death" and focuses on the Venator model/units. It brings a ranged list to Skorne like you have never played before!

Legion of Everblight's theme "Ravens of War" Focuses on Legion's scout forces and faster models. Be prepared to... AMBUSH... your opponents with this list.

Convergence of Cyriss brings a new configuration with their theme, "Destruction Initiative". This list focuses on Warjacks and Priest models, sure to be a favorite of Convergence players everywhere!

That's all for now my friends! Thank you for your patience while we try and wrap the final documents up!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

A theme with ambush, what a twist.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I love me some Storm action and if that means I can get free Stormblade Captains I'm all for it. Poor guy gets edged out for points every list.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

waah posted:

How's this work?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

From Pagani:

Cygnar is getting a theme force called "Storm Division". It will focus on Storm Knights and has a strong electric vibe.

Skorne's theme is called "Winds of Death" and focuses on the Venator model/units. It brings a ranged list to Skorne like you have never played before!

Legion of Everblight's theme "Ravens of War" Focuses on Legion's scout forces and faster models. Be prepared to... AMBUSH... your opponents with this list.

Convergence of Cyriss brings a new configuration with their theme, "Destruction Initiative". This list focuses on Warjacks and Priest models, sure to be a favorite of Convergence players everywhere!

That's all for now my friends! Thank you for your patience while we try and wrap the final documents up!

Is it wrong I my body is totally ready for the Venator shooting list? Shooty Skorne has always been a little bit out of reach, and this might be enough to make is playable.

The Cygnar one is of course going to be played all over the place, since why wouldn't you want free points for taking your Stormlance boat?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
No Trenchers though so it's waaaaaay harder to get them up the board.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I'm gonna start the 'Cygnar, mweh' train again because it's fun, here goes:

Can't wait to put arcane shield on my storm lances just for it not to count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Alpha Phoenix posted:

A theme with ambush, what a twist.

On one hand you're right. On the other ambush is cool and good and changes the tactical play if Gabe's in a major way, so I'm super happy to see more of it.