Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Adrenaline and water color bruises, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Everything about watercolour tattoos has already been said, but if someone presented artwork like this to me, in actual watercolour, on paper, I'd laugh at them because they couldn't even get the colour within the lines.

You can use watercolour to convey like, colour and depth you know!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Retard Tranny posted:

Adrenaline and water color bruises, please.

This is the worst Die Hard tattoo I have seen

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Decrepus posted:

This is the worst Die Hard tattoo I have seen

Ho ho oh.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Water color is so loving BAD!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

cyberia posted:

Guys, guys, I found it. I found the worst tattoo!

You gotta appreciate that this is the guy's main Bumble profile pic. Just put the most awful thing about yourself right out there, so you don't have to bring it up later in the relationship.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

nerve posted:

Water color is so loving BAD!

Like as a style?

I think watercolor tattoos are kind of fascinating because technically and stylistically they're pretty drat cutting edge, but the actual content of them is largely the kind of photoshop kitsch you usually see accompanying inspirational quotes on Facebook. It's like playing Firework on a Stradivarius.

Prime example:

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

there wolf posted:

Like as a style?

I think watercolor tattoos are kind of fascinating because technically and stylistically they're pretty drat cutting edge, but the actual content of them is largely the kind of photoshop kitsch you usually see accompanying inspirational quotes on Facebook. It's like playing Firework on a Stradivarius.

Prime example:

There is nothing technically cutting edge about being sloppy, and cutting out all of the actual technique that makes a tattoo last longer than a few months.

Unless being technically garbage is being cutting edge.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

there wolf posted:

Like as a style?

Prime example:

Two of the worst tattoo fads ever, in one convenient location so as to centralize my hate. Thanks!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

also upside down smh

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
it's like if someone generated a perfect tumblr tattoo.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

cyberia posted:

Guys, guys, I found it. I found the worst tattoo!

What are the two words at the end of the first line? I get the sentiment but I can't figure out what theh actually say.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

The greatest woman I have ever kissed.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I was too distracted by the hosed up kerning to even notice the misspelling.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

gamera009 posted:

There is nothing technically cutting edge about being sloppy, and cutting out all of the actual technique that makes a tattoo last longer than a few months.

Unless being technically garbage is being cutting edge.

Technically as in technology. While other styles benefit from what you can do with the newer inks, watercolor tattoos wouldn't exist without it. And dropping outlines has gone from lazy to deliberate stylistic choice at this point, even if it's a dumb one in the long run.

You can stomp your feet and huff that they're stupid and won't last and yadda yadda, but my point still stands that watercolor tattoos embody what's new and changing in the art of tattoo. They are entirely dependent on the best technology in color and application, as well as a deliberate change in technique from traditional methods. That's cutting edge, even if it's not necessarily good or guaranteed to stick around for a long time.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol water color tattoos are dog poo poo garbage 100% of the time

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I was too distracted by the hosed up kerning to even notice the misspelling.

I was so distracted by the apostrophe in "always" that I didn't notice the misspelling.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

there wolf posted:

Technically as in technology. While other styles benefit from what you can do with the newer inks, watercolor tattoos wouldn't exist without it. And dropping outlines has gone from lazy to deliberate stylistic choice at this point, even if it's a dumb one in the long run.

but my point still stands that watercolor tattoos embody what's new and changing in the art of tattoo.

Nah, not really. New and changing are the new art styles that people are coming up with, e.g. new school(Kelly Doty), Psycho Trad(Geary Morrill plug cause :swoon:) and other stylistic newcomers, like the hardcore stippling that Ildo does(https://www.instagram.com/ildo_tattoo/).

Watercolour tattoos have been around for awhile now, I certainly wouldn't classify them as "cutting edge."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Corrode posted:

What are the two words at the end of the first line? I get the sentiment but I can't figure out what theh actually say.

I thought it said "loved" but also am distracted by his pinpoint erect nipples

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

there wolf posted:

You can stomp your feet and huff that they're stupid and won't last and yadda yadda, but my point still stands that watercolor tattoos embody what's new and changing in the art of tattoo. They are entirely dependent on the best technology in color and application, as well as a deliberate change in technique from traditional methods. That's cutting edge, even if it's not necessarily good or guaranteed to stick around for a long time.

what are you even talking about?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
in the future, all tattoos will look like poo poo

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Thom and the Heads posted:

in the present, all tattoos look like poo poo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

super size soft serve posted:

Even with flash it's not okay to just copy something you've found on IG. Artists generally sell flash sheets.

Right, I meant it's okay for the original shop to copy it onto you, not for some other shop to just steal it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm stomping my feet irl

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Thom and the Heads posted:

in the future, all tattoos will look like poo poo

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

LanceHunter posted:

You gotta appreciate that this is the guy's main Bumble profile pic. Just put the most awful thing about yourself right out there, so you don't have to bring it up later in the relationship.

If he's using this as his first impression, he's hiding much more awful things about himself.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Johnny Truant posted:

Nah, not really. New and changing are the new art styles that people are coming up with, e.g. new school(Kelly Doty), Psycho Trad(Geary Morrill plug cause :swoon:) and other stylistic newcomers, like the hardcore stippling that Ildo does(https://www.instagram.com/ildo_tattoo/).

Watercolour tattoos have been around for awhile now, I certainly wouldn't classify them as "cutting edge."

Isn't Kelly Doty a goon (was?) or was that someone else? That style is hauntingly familiar. I know we had a couple of really good artists in the good tattoo thread that I can't find anymore, including someone who was related to one of the big names. Years have dulled my memory, sorry.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

TheKennedys posted:

Isn't Kelly Doty a goon (was?) or was that someone else? That style is hauntingly familiar. I know we had a couple of really good artists in the good tattoo thread that I can't find anymore, including someone who was related to one of the big names. Years have dulled my memory, sorry.

Yes, she is, and you're probably thinking of Ed Hardy's son.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
She's also tattooed quite a number of goons, myself included, so her work has been in the other tattoo thread quite a bit over the years.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Internet Wizard posted:

That's the one, thanks. :v:

e: dumb question

TheKennedys has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Jan 11, 2017

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Friends sister just turned up on facebook with this effort...

Its kinda like the tattooist was late for lunch or something by the time they got to the balloons?

Neither my friend or I have any idea WTF its meant to mean either.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Ferremit posted:

Friends sister just turned up on facebook with this effort...

Its kinda like the tattooist was late for lunch or something by the time they got to the balloons?

Neither my friend or I have any idea WTF its meant to mean either.

I dig it.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Line work looks good, shading is good. Most of the more intricate detail and those balloons are going to fade but that's true of any really detailed tat. It should still look fine.

I wouldn't want it on me, but I kinda dig it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

We're more intrigued by why you would go to so much detail on the croc/bear/thingy then absolutely call in the balloons. Its like the creature was done by an artist and the baloons by an 8yr old.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

RickVoid posted:

Line work looks good

lol

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RickVoid posted:

Line work looks good, shading is good. Most of the more intricate detail and those balloons are going to fade but that's true of any really detailed tat. It should still look fine.

I wouldn't want it on me, but I kinda dig it.

Lol nah it looks hosed right now. It won't look fine

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Have 9/11 remembrance tattoos been posted here at all and I missed them? Because that has got to be a gold mine. I'll see what I can dredge up when I wake up.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

drat, came to post this too :cawg: It took me a second look to realize how big that... thing is, as well.

Internet Wizard posted:

Yup, that's GATOS Y VATOS.

Jenner posted:

Have 9/11 remembrance tattoos been posted here at all and I missed them? Because that has got to be a gold mine. I'll see what I can dredge up when I wake up.

I definitely recall some; post more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for
:sparkles: :sparkles:

RickVoid posted:

Line work looks good, shading is good.

Haha, no. Absolutely terrible.