Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Brainiac Five posted:

Shouldn't you be snarling about how other trans women don't pass and are ugly? Or did they finally throw your pathetic rear end out of that thread?

Lol, there isn't a singular person in existence that can deal with the torrent of poo poo that thread makes.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Noyemi K posted:

With posts like this it's no loving wonder:

Feel free to exit yourself the gently caress outta here.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Was he permabanned?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Feel free to exit yourself the gently caress outta here.

So calling someone a paranoid idiot makes someone an honourary white dude

edit: you too are a paranoid idiot

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Noyemi K posted:

Lol, there isn't a singular person in existence that can deal with the torrent of poo poo that thread makes.

I hope all your chiptunes get formatted, or that you figure out how to pretend to be functional for more than five minutes.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

highme posted:

Was he permabanned?

nah he can come back. it will be fine.

he might get banned again for being "too aggressive" even if he shuts up about the forums or whatever but that's a separate (and frankly, imo, the most important) issue

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

I hope all your chiptunes get formatted, or that you figure out how to pretend to be functional for more than five minutes.

which salty uggo are you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Well! Seems that Roof got his martyrdom yet somehow, what he deserved.

Also has anyone seen the new It's Always Sunny? I saw it but have yet to dissect it. The songs are REALLY good, all things considered.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

highme posted:

Was he permabanned?

Seems to be a regular ban.

To keep things sorta on topic, I'm glad Roof was convicted. I was really worried he wouldn't be. Of course, this is offset by the fact that the officer who arrested a woman who called the police because a grown man allegedly attacked her child served a 10 day suspension (with pay). It is more and more disheartening every day when I look at the news.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Noyemi K posted:

which salty uggo are you

I'm the guy who made you break down sobbing in the GBS Nite Crew thread about how come people don't like you, and my greatest regret is that I didn't push it any further.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Morby posted:

Seems to be a regular ban.

To keep things sorta on topic, I'm glad Roof was convicted. I was really worried he wouldn't be. Of course, this is offset by the fact that the officer who arrested a woman who called the police because a grown man allegedly attacked her child served a 10 day suspension (with pay). It is more and more disheartening every day when I look at the news.

There was never a chance Roof wouldn't be convicted.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Noyemi K posted:

which salty uggo are you

This isn't the thread for you to have slapfights in.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Noyemi K posted:

So calling someone a paranoid idiot makes someone an honourary white dude

edit: you too are a paranoid idiot

What's a joke???

Also, get out. We don't want transphobic gamer gaters here.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

teen witch posted:

Well! Seems that Roof got his martyrdom yet somehow, what he deserved.

Also has anyone seen the new It's Always Sunny? I saw it but have yet to dissect it. The songs are REALLY good, all things considered.

I watched it! I expected to hate it but I liked it a lot.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

I'm the guy who made you break down sobbing in the GBS Nite Crew thread about how come people don't like you, and my greatest regret is that I didn't push it any further.

ah I see, the guy who's mad his patreon didn't make any money because nobody gives a gently caress about steam curators. Nice

Koalas March posted:

transphobic gamer gater

hahaha

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

There was never a chance Roof wouldn't be convicted.

That's been said about pretty much every cop-related incident caught on camera in the last several months and didn't pan out that way. Given history, I wasn't totally sure the jury would do the right thing. I'm glad they did.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Morby posted:

That's been said about pretty much every cop-related incident caught on camera in the last several months and didn't pan out that way. Given history, I wasn't totally sure the jury would do the right thing. I'm glad they did.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with feeling good that (what counts for) justice in this country was meted out properly.

Though, tbf, it also highlights that you have to be a literal mass murderer of black people to be punished in any notable way for racism.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I was terrified it was going to be 2edgy but the subtext of "white people are clueless to the black experience" was actually pretty cleverly done.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Morby posted:

Same. I was ready for him to get off on some minor charge. You'd be surprised what young white guys can get away with. Like raping a mentally disabled black kid with a coat hanger.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 10, 2017

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

teen witch posted:

I was terrified it was going to be 2edgy but the subtext of "white people are clueless to the black experience" was actually pretty cleverly done.

I loved the Wiz references and the fact they actually showed Black!Charlie get shot because he was holding a toy train.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Noyemi K posted:

ah I see, the guy who's mad his patreon didn't make any money because nobody gives a gently caress about steam curators. Nice

hahaha

Jesus, where's the slapboxing smiley when you need it?

e: meh, close enough :regd07:

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 10, 2017

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Morby posted:

Has it been? I mostly heard a bunch of people saying "This is absolutely murder but he's probably going to get off." With Roof there was no possible defense or obfuscation.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Chelb posted:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with feeling good that (what counts for) justice in this country was meted out properly.

Though, tbf, it also highlights that you have to be a literal mass murderer of black people to be punished in any notable way for racism.

Even then, that's not always the case. It's really depressing to think about. I am also really annoyed/pissed about how the victims had to basically line up and publicly "forgive" Roof for killing their loved ones for no drat reason. And they will probably have to do it over and over again as his appeal process goes on over the years.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

I came in expecting to cringe, and in the end I still have mixed feelings. Like I think it was handled better than a lot of shows would, I liked the songs, I laughed, but at the same time I felt like it was a couple notches short and I think they really stumbled on the ending.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Domestic Amuse posted:

Jesus, where's the slapboxing smiley when you need it?

:regd07: is what I use.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Koalas March posted:

I loved the Wiz references and the fact they actually showed Black!Charlie get shot because he was holding a toy train.

In the end, they learned nothing from the experience. It was truly Always Sunny at its best.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Same. I was ready for him to get off on some minor charge. You'd be surprised what young white guys can get away with. Like raping a mentally disabled black kid with a coat hanger.

Don't even get me started on this case. The whole thing is utterly disgusting.

Patrick Spens posted:

Has it been? I mostly heard a bunch of people saying "This is absolutely murder but he's probably going to get off." With Roof there was no possible defense or obfuscation.

I'm just glad Roof was declared competent to stand trial and it seems as though he will be imprisoned for quite some time prior to his eventual execution. System doesn't work for poo poo, but it got it right this time.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Koalas March posted:

Jesus Christ, how is it that the prosecutor is always downplaying the crime in cases like this?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Morby posted:

Even then, that's not always the case. It's really depressing to think about. I am also really annoyed/pissed about how the victims had to basically line up and publicly "forgive" Roof for killing their loved ones for no drat reason. And they will probably have to do it over and over again as his appeal process goes on over the years.

This is one thing I've wanted to ask the thread's opinion on previously but didn't want to interrupt ongoing conversation. There seems to me to be a widespread expectation of forgiveness place upon family members of slain people of color, that somehow the proper thing to do, almost automatically, is to express forgiveness of the killer, almost regardless of any other consideration, and that should a person of color not extend that forgiveness, they're somehow exceptionally worked up or out of line to the point where their anger invalidates anything else they may have to say on the subject. Personally, I've more than once found it exceptionally crass how quickly interviewers often jump to the "do you forgive his/her killer?" question, like some sort of bizarre shibboleth on Good Black BehaviorTM. And as a result, I have to wonder if all such expressions of forgiveness are sincere, or in some cases are said simply because it's what white people expect and yet another unjust hoop that must be jumped through as part of daily life. Or am I entirely out of line here?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, let me get this straight, I'm now racist because I banned somebody trying to scare people into thinking we have their CC information, which is a complete lie made up just to get people freaked out. A person who admitted to running MySQL attacks against our forums (which all failed, by the way). But those reasons were not justification for a ban, so obviously it's because I'm racist.

Did I miss anything?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Did I miss anything?

An entire QCS thread I started that prompted some decent discussion about the unjust and unfair punishments black posters got.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796594

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is one thing I've wanted to ask the thread's opinion on previously but didn't want to interrupt ongoing conversation. There seems to me to be a widespread expectation of forgiveness place upon family members of slain people of color, that somehow the proper thing to do, almost automatically, is to express forgiveness of the killer, almost regardless of any other consideration, and that should a person of color not extend that forgiveness, they're somehow exceptionally worked up or out of line to the point where their anger invalidates anything else they may have to say on the subject. Personally, I've more than once found it exceptionally crass how quickly interviewers often jump to the "do you forgive his/her killer?" question, like some sort of bizarre shibboleth on Good Black BehaviorTM. And as a result, I have to wonder if all such expressions of forgiveness are sincere, or in some cases are said simply because it's what white people expect and yet another unjust hoop that must be jumped through as part of daily life. Or am I entirely out of line here?

to quote an old forums meme: "look within ur heart and you will see the answer"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://mobile.twitter.com/ILLCapitano94/status/817944855070511104

Haven't seen Sunny since they moved to FXX but this sounds like they topped The Gang Gets Racist. :allears:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

to quote an old forums meme: "look within ur heart and you will see the answer"

Well yeah I mean I have a pretty good idea, but I given how others have came barging in here with assumptions of their own, I thought it was better to ask first.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

An entire QCS thread I started that prompted some decent discussion about the unjust and unfair punishments black posters got.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796594
I'd first like to determine how I'm personally racist for banning some lying idiot who was trying to scare people into thinking their private information was public and not safe here.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

I'd first like to determine how I'm personally racist for banning some lying idiot who was trying to scare people into thinking their private information was public and not safe here.

You have to realize that framing it that way kind of ends the conversation.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Who said that here even? And why would you be racist for banning him when fau banned him?

There are definitely problems with racism on the forums but to my knowledge no one has explicitly called you racist.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lowtax posted:

I don't think anyone's called you racist in this thread?

There's been a consistent problem with black posters getting punished much harsher than racists for posts that are fairly milquetoast in comparison to the poo poo racists post. It creates an unfortunately somewhat justified assumption that if a black goon gets banned/probated, it is for the forums crime of posting while black, regardless of the actual reason for the ban/probation.

It might be worth looking into the matter, both for the sake of black goons (because, you know, racism), and for the sake of the mod/admin team not having their actions second-guessed (because what just happened will happen again and again and again until the main problem is solved).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

Any other poster is wrong about something - discussion ensues

A black poster is wrong about something - banned and Lowtax himself shows up to refute him. I wanted to post this in the BWM thread but I figure I'd get probated/banned for saying it.

You have to realize framing it that way kind of ends the conversation.

• Locked thread