Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Bloodnose posted:

I really need to see the methodology because my brain hurts when I try to figure out how Poles think Germany is both the most and least trustworthy country in the EU.

Unless maybe they think it's the only country in the EU. Is that a Polack joke?

Also France thinking France is both the most and least arrogant country in the EU.

Greece's answers are of course the best

Q1: which european country do you think is most trustworthy?
Q2: which european country do you think is least trustworthy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the Germans are at the same time too trustworthy and too untrustworthy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Poles have strong but differing opinions of Germany.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Poles have strong but differing opinions of Germany.

it's a polarized country

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

double nine posted:

it's a polarized country

Very nice

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bloodnose posted:

I really need to see the methodology because my brain hurts when I try to figure out how Poles think Germany is both the most and least trustworthy country in the EU.

You're overthinking it. They simply listed which answer came up most often for each category. So if, let's say, 20% of people say Germany is the most trustworthy, and a different 20% say it's the least trustworthy, Germany can be the most common answer for both categories.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

fishmech posted:

You're overthinking it. They simply listed which answer came up most often for each category. So if, let's say, 20% of people say Germany is the most trustworthy, and a different 20% say it's the least trustworthy, Germany can be the most common answer for both categories.

And then there's this:

Poland is actually kinda Polarised

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 11, 2017

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Private Speech posted:

And then there's this:

Poland is actually kinda Polarised

Overdone joke aside, is Poland particularly polarised? The PO is in the EPP and PiS is in ACRE so that kinda suggests one is a Conservative Party and the other is a Slightly More Conservative Party.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Reveilled posted:

Overdone joke aside, is Poland particularly polarised? The PO is in the EPP and PiS is in ACRE so that kinda suggests one is a Conservative Party and the other is a Slightly More Conservative Party.

Yeah they aren't all that much, it's just a funny map to post when talking about Poland and their attitude towards Germans. There is somewhat higher prevalence of pro-Russian attitudes in the east and the east is a bit poorer too, but the difference isn't huge.

Then again I'm not Polish so I dunno.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
"Which country is the most trustworthy?"
"Germany, definitely"
"And which one is the least trustworthy?"
"Germany. After gaining your trust by acting all trustworthy, the crafty Germans inevitably stab you in the back."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloodnose posted:

"Which country is the most trustworthy?"
"Germany, definitely"
"And which one is the least trustworthy?"
"Germany. After gaining your trust by acting all trustworthy, the crafty Germans inevitably stab you in the back."

European History in a nutshell.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna post xkcd and nobody can stop me.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Carbon dioxide posted:

Idiot computer can't even make South America fit into Africa. What the hell is this!?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Bloodnose posted:

Also France thinking France is both the most and least arrogant country in the EU.
The French are so arrogant they have to be the best in both directions.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Australia becomes...Canada?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Carbon dioxide posted:

If it wasn't already, xkcd is now blocked in the PRC.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're very against the Half China Policy.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I'm the actually reasonably projected Mali

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Brazil should conquer the Congo (most importantly Congo–Brazzaville, but why not both?) and become the world’s sole superpower.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There'd be conflict, The Guineanas control an important maritime straight.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Guavanaut posted:

There'd be conflict, The Guineanas control an important maritime straight.

Somalian pirates hit the jackpot.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
India turned into a big knife, I assume this means Sikhs runs India in that reality.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
I'm the Pacific island countries that have been cut out of the map due to being so small they apparently count as "unused blank space."

Also, if all the land's been squeezed together like that, is there a giant ocean on the other side of the world? Because if so, a thousand libertarian seasteaders just got a stiffy.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

The Sin of Onan posted:

I'm the Pacific island countries that have been cut out of the map due to being so small they apparently count as "unused blank space."

Also, if all the land's been squeezed together like that, is there a giant ocean on the other side of the world? Because if so, a thousand libertarian seasteaders just got a stiffy.

If the other half of the world was all water, then climate and weather patterns would be massively disrupted on a ludicrous scale.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A sub-pangaean scale. Very different to present, but not incapable of supporting life. Like might be seen in the next couple centuries. :confuoot:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What map is the best?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Arglebargle III posted:

What map is the best?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Arglebargle III posted:

What map is the best?
Waterman butterfly.

Or for politically loaded, Sykes-Picot.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arglebargle III posted:

What map is the best?

It depends on the intended use.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Can someone do this for california but use different combinations of "hella"?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Someone will probably just do one of those National Geographic expanding-scale charts of outer space, from the Earth to the full observable universe, all colored 'not far enough'.

:sigh:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Arglebargle III posted:

What map is the best?

A globe

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Uh-oh, more xkcd incoming:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Carbon dioxide posted:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Wrong, it's pirate treasure maps.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Arglebargle III posted:

What map is the best?

quote:

While the vast majority of West Virginians prefer hot dogs topped with coleslaw, it is not a standard topping at hot dog joints everywhere in West Virginia. The food culture of our state is diverse and influenced by many factors such as predominate elasticities and a melding with cultures of surrounding states. This mapping project attempts to document this diversity.

All of the counties shaded in light green have been verified to have HDJs that include slaw as a topping on a hot dog with "everything". Light beige indicate counties where HDJs usually offer slaw, but usually by request only. In dark beige counties you can usually get slaw, but some HDJs may not offer it. Orange indicates counties where slaw is almost never available in mainstream HDJs. Finally, in those counties shaded red, slaw is unheard of.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

e: im the Somalian Ethiopia

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cuckistan

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
loving prussia.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007