Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

Koalas March.

She's good and I also suggest her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Listening to what you people have to say and, while personally disagreeing with the notion behind it, letting you have what you want. Tell me which black person would make a good mod and I will mod them.

Fair enough, then. I'll support Koala's March as well in that case.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

the white hand posted:

Also I nominate Tiny Brontosaurus

changing my answer to this just to see exmarx tears

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yeah I can understand how it'd be real tough to come in with no context and try to untangle, because (and i aute using this term) it has a lot to do with D&D's forums culture and the way the regulars and drive by poo poo posters treat each other.

edit: You guys rock. :3:

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 11, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
She posts real good gifs from tv shows I like to watch.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Anybody using the word niggers should be banned, no questions asked. Please show me any examples of it and I will personally ban them.

The only issue with this is that you can be a lovely poster ruining threads but if you manage to not outright say 'friend of the family' then it's harder for mods to action on it. The volume of reports or maybe just the volume of traffic on the forums these days makes it harder to spot bad posts that aren't instantly obvious due to using specific words.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

i vote koalas march she is great

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
koalas March is a pretty cool person

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

the white hand posted:

poo poo, it almost sounded like a principle when you said that you weren't going to look into ethnicity, no surprise you walked it back I guess

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
wow you are really the worst

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

WampaLord posted:

Koalas March.

yes.

And I agree entirely with what everybody else has expressed here, but I also think we might want to cool it a little when a black poster does poo poo that anyone should get themselves probated/banned for. I don't know what the gently caress just happened with TB's last probation, that really seems like a "just don't post" kind of thing because she's been mean to people in the past, but I'm really not inclined to go on a limb defending what negromancer just did

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay I will make Koala's March a mod then.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Lowtax posted:

Listening to what you people have to say and, while personally disagreeing with the notion behind it, letting you have what you want. Tell me which black person would make a good mod and I will mod them.

Make FluffDaddy the mod. He actually managed to explain the existence of this thread in a way that didn't talk down to anyone—a good exampled of fairness and evenhandedness (and a good post)

e: f;b

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Hey, thank you.

I know you hate dealing with poo poo like this and I get it. You have a family you'd rather be spending time with.

But this helps. Maybe only a little, but it helps.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Koalas March.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Here's my two cents as a white guy who has no place in this thread really but who saw the Negromancer drama unfold:

I can understand where Lowtax is coming from when he says that he has no clue who is or isn't black. And in a vacuum, without greater nuance, he'd be correct: How would anybody know someone's race on the Internet, unless they voluntarily share that information? The problem becomes clear, however, when you consider how discussions on the Internet work, particularly when it comes to subjects that hit close to home like politics. In order to express your opinion in good enough detail you need to give context, and a large part of that context in political discussions is your race, gender, class, etc.

Fluffdaddy makes a great point when he talks about the ridiculousness of this thread even existing. Black politics is American politics, and American politics is Black politics. Why, especially in this time now where concerns and angst over police brutality are at a fever pitch, are these discussions being cordoned off to their own thread? Ostensibly to separate discussion for easier reading and to prevent derails, but I think the truth of the matter is clear: It's because many D&D posters do not find Black opinions on the subject palatable or comfortable. Not because they necessarily disagree, no; D&D has a (socially at least) left climate. I think it has to do with the fact that D&D's membership doesn't want to contend with these voices, and only really wants them around for token purposes.

There's also the matter of trolls threadshitting. I'm not going to read the 100+ pages of this thread nor how many other pages are in Misogynoir, but when people complain about racists coming in to say racist things I can believe it. Are they getting a slap on the wrist when they should be getting worse? Definitely, if it's happening, because I can imagine the actions being (correctly) perceived as threadshitting with a racism lemon twist, but punishing for threadshitting instead of racism.

Would making a black D&D mod make things better? Probably, but I think that the crux of the issue is D&D's membership as a whole.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Maybe with the ability to actually ban the drive-bys this thread will not suck.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think it would be beneficial to have both TB & Koala's March as mods.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

At least in the short term a better result than I expected. Congrats Koalas March.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks! And thanks for the noms, guys! I'm glad y'all believe in me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Long live the 'Tax man!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

remusclaw posted:

At least in the short term a better result than I expected. Congrats Koalas March.

Honestly, this was all I wanted back in October or whenever when I made my QCS thread. Funny that it took all this.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm not going to read the 100+ pages of this thread nor how many other pages are in Misogynoir

As another white guy, you should at least skim them (skip the bullshit tone policing by certain white posters) but they're both great threads with important perspectives on modern society.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Like anyone trusts someone with a Karl Rove av dude

Avatars in this thread can be very misleading.

Speaking of bad money decisions.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

I'm pretty sure making that QCS thread earned me this one.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

WampaLord posted:

Koalas March.

Can't argue with that. A good poster.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

remusclaw posted:

Avatars in this thread can be very misleading.

Speaking of bad money decisions.

Ain't that the loving truth.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:staredog:

Wow, this turned out way better than expected. Thanks lowtax!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks! And thanks for the noms, guys! I'm glad y'all believe in me.

Congrats

WampaLord posted:

Honestly, this was all I wanted back in October or whenever when I made my QCS thread. Funny that it took all this.

Might have lost a toxx to get that avatar is my guess.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

:staredog:

Wow, this turned out way better than expected. Thanks lowtax!

I know, right? I thought for sure I was gonna get banned.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

zen death robot posted:

The constant thread invasions are because he said there were WMDs here... it all makes sense.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

Maybe with the ability to actually ban the drive-bys this thread will not suck.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

zen death robot posted:

I'm actually a 100ft tall robot that hurls nukes, shocking i know

Do you golf though?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
you can prob me if you want koalas for dragging lowtax here and for making neo-nazi references, but look how it turned out some inception poo poo there huh?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

Hey, thank you.

I know you hate dealing with poo poo like this and I get it. You have a family you'd rather be spending time with.

But this helps. Maybe only a little, but it helps.
I don't hate dealing with poo poo like this, but I do hate it when people tell me what I think or believe. Like your comment about me not seeing race in posters; I don't. The threads I read are the entertaining ones, and debating politics is not interesting to me, so race hardly ever comes into play in my mind when I'm reading threads. While I don't personally agree with your belief that skin color should be a factor in moderating, and I honestly don't agree with a lot of the prevailing beliefs here, I don't have any problem accepting the fact that people can believe and interpret things in a different way, and if that includes choosing a mod based on skin color, then so be it. Not a big deal.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WampaLord posted:

I know, right? I thought for sure I was gonna get banned.

Believe it or not, but I actually try to be reasonable about things. That's why I'm loathed by both the right and left.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Believe it or not, but I actually try to be reasonable about things. That's why I'm loathed by both the right and left.

More like Loathetax

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lowtax posted:

That's why I'm loathed by both the right and left.

Dugin?? Putin's influence reaches to right to the upper echelons of Something Awful...

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Koalas March posted:

I don't believe in you. But I do believe in Koalas. Koalas rock. So therefore we should make all Koalas mods.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Tesseraction posted:

Dugin?? Putin's influence reaches to right to the upper echelons of Something Awful...

I was thinking more along the lines of Jeff Zucker tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

I don't hate dealing with poo poo like this, but I do hate it when people tell me what I think or believe. Like your comment about me not seeing race in posters; I don't. The threads I read are the entertaining ones, and debating politics is not interesting to me, so race hardly ever comes into play in my mind when I'm reading threads. While I don't personally agree with your belief that skin color should be a factor in moderating, and I honestly don't agree with a lot of the prevailing beliefs here, I don't have any problem accepting the fact that people can believe and interpret things in a different way, and if that includes choosing a mod based on skin color, then so be it. Not a big deal.

Thanks for explaining your views, and sorry if I got heated while arguing.

• Locked thread