Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

btw i know left twitter is obsessed with making GBS threads over the russia intel stuff because partially because they think its a distraction from changing the economic policies of the democratic party, and partially because a good portion of the frothing anti russia people are idiots

but holy poo poo, we've known that trump has been compromised by putin and is playing into putin's attempts to fracture western liberal democracies into ethnonationalist enclaves, in an attempt to maintain the prestige of his own crumbling ethnonationalist kleptostate. we've known this for months, guccifier 2.0, rt, jokes about kompromat, all this was talked about before the freaking election

one of the problems with democrats is that their messaging tends to be over complicated, here is a super simple one: trump is a puppet of putin. bing bang bong simple. we're just trying to delegitimize trump and weaken his ability to run roughshod with his policies

You're the puppet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
it makes dems seem like hysterical babies to most ppl

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

also constantly needling and humiliating trump with his pissy adventures with supple russian hookers is another easy way to delegitimize trump and force him to make mistakes. and if it causes him to lose his mind and move too quickly towards full fascism now? so be it, that makes it easier to oppose, the actual danger is if trump moves towards fascism too slowly

That implies his base would mind going maximum turob-fascist all speed ahead.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

and his base are the only people who matter unless the dems grow a spine and run someone people actually like, and well, pretend i quoted every d&d moron who actively liked and desired hillary

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
If this poo poo is real what actually is supposed to happen is Trump gets killed

I feel Hypernormalized as gently caress right now

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Phobophilia posted:

but holy poo poo, we've known that trump has been compromised by putin and is playing into putin's attempts to fracture western liberal democracies into ethnonationalist enclaves, in an attempt to maintain the prestige of his own crumbling ethnonationalist kleptostate. we've known this for months, guccifier 2.0, rt, jokes about kompromat, all this was talked about before the freaking election

Nah, "we" don't.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
we get president pence

right now pence and cruz and the rest of the gop are conspiring to assassinate trump and blame it someone, iunno, an abortion doctor or an islamic terrorist. the point is that they cant simply impeach him because it would delegitimize the gop and force it into infighting, too risky this way

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818990655418617856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

oh my god its real

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/StanDAlone2016/status/818997998537453568

Like Dan Nainan's comedy, urine jokes are 100% sterile!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/StanDAlone2016/status/818997998537453568

Like Dan Nainan's comedy, urine jokes are 100% sterile!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

we get president pence

right now pence and cruz and the rest of the gop are conspiring to assassinate trump and blame it someone, iunno, an abortion doctor or an islamic terrorist. the point is that they cant simply impeach him because it would delegitimize the gop and force it into infighting, too risky this way
did you get into eric garland's medicine cabinet?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the leaks have started hitting the net. this is perverse stuff.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Phobophilia posted:

also constantly needling and humiliating trump with his pissy adventures with supple russian hookers is another easy way to delegitimize trump and force him to make mistakes. and if it causes him to lose his mind and move too quickly towards full fascism now? so be it, that makes it easier to oppose, the actual danger is if trump moves towards fascism too slowly

How has this strategy worked to date?

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Yeah, maybe 6 months ago I'd have agreed with the whole "provoke him into saying something so horrible that he'll tank his whole campaign" strategy but I think we have solid evidence that it doesn't work so well.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I mean, go ahead and laugh at him for the (obviously false) piss story because it's funny as gently caress and he is getting mad about it. I'll certainly keep making jokes about it for the next four years.

But don't think it's going to change anything.

There's a tape of him saying he loves of sexually assault women, remember? Among like a million other things. The guy can't be beat this way.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

^This. Though, by the same token, the people who are screaming about how paying attention to this gives Trump power or whatever are ridiculous.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
Pretty sure being sworn in as president will give him power whether everyone laughs at the piss thing or not

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/shanevader/status/819008788481114112
The next four or eight years will be a nightmare beyond our wildest expectations, so I think everyone just wants to have a nice laugh about pisspigtrumpdad before the real awful stuff hits

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

No but you see, if we laugh at the obviously fake Trump piss pig story, the Republicans won't listen to what we have to say on real issues, which they totally would otherwise.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Trump has joined YPG

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Joementum posted:

How has this strategy worked to date?

you can combine this w building a coalition w the working class you can theoretically do more than one thing at a time

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

you can combine this w building a coalition w the working class you can theoretically do more than one thing at a time

haha

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mike piss

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there is surely a "boy who cried wolf" effect if you just publicly accuse Trump of every insanely, obviously false thing that comes up. Whatever waffley supporters he might have are going to be solidified by repeated nutty accusations and it's also going to further erode media credibility with people that don't already disbelieve everything they publish.

In any case though, I agree with Joe; impugning Trump's morality or character can't be an anchor of 2018 or 2020. It just has no impact at all on his diehards and isn't necessarily a net positive with any other group. His tantrums on twitter aren't turning anyone away from him. Always remember that a solid 95%+ of America doesn't know about anything that happens on twitter. Getting power back has to be mostly about people's material interests.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hurrmmmm....mmrhhhhrrnn...ah....hahaha....*drools*

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/818994517911240705

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Whatever this is, I can guarantee you this isn't a 4chan prank.
:toxx:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Whatever this is, I can guarantee you this isn't a 4chan prank.
:toxx:

Even if it is, gently caress it, run with it like it's true. I'm tired of having to live in reality while dipshits get to change it to suit their whims.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I don't even care if it's real, just like with David cameron facefucking that severed pig's head it sounds like exactly the kind of thing Trump would do.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
I don't think it does, he seems like way too much of a germophobe to be in the same room pissing prostitutes.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Don't forget the Obamas (and accompanying hotel staff and likely some of the security detail) staying in rooms bugged out the rear end by the FSB.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

hurrmmmm....mmrhhhhrrnn...ah....hahaha....*drools*

https://twitter.com/neontaster/status/818994517911240705

lol at the damage control here, it's just some anon saying "lol I totally trolled Rick Wilson AND the CIA" in a Trump General with nothing backing it other then the desperation of /pol/yps as they try to come to terms with their pisshog president-elect who loves goldman-sachs and israel.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/783702600231292928

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

I'm starting a change dot org petition to get Trump's handle changed to @PissPigGranddad, please sign:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

That is false, tovarishch. I do not see a "Donald J. Trump" anywhere in the payroll records.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I'm starting a change dot org petition to get Trump's handle changed to @PissPigGranddad, please sign:

don't steal valor.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US intelligence community leading the Resistance against Trump is some young adult fiction cliche where the rebels are potentially worse than the rulers.

Trump is basically our Yeltsin anyway. Nationalist demagogue widely regarded as a buffoon with a crippling addiction to alcohol posting. I can't wait until he orders the army to fire on the Capital because the Democrats somehow win the midterms.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Calling it now, this piss stuff is Trump's Operation Valkyrie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my president, the piss-piglet