Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is it done yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Not yet, they need more sprites.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Aardark posted:

Not yet, they need more sprites.
Franke has drawn like 20,000 gun's. Give the man a break.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

For those of you that don't watch Frankie's stream, he worked on the character-held BFG (Bio-force gun) model last night and showed off some gameplay in the process.

https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow/v/111934474

Just in case you don't want to sit through the entire 4 hours, here are some of the more interesting parts where he does some in-game testing and talks about some the new features:

https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow/v/111934474?t=22m27s

And also where he shows off the huge sheet of gun's art and the culmination of the BFG work done that night:

https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow/v/111934474?t=3h46m42s

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
thats a good fuckin twitch overlay

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

please finish the game. please

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

please finish the game. please

I want to play GOTY 20XX

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Barkley Citizen

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I bring tunes from the alternate dimension where the guy from deep purple did not sing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uGaysof7aI

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Serious question, but all the cool variations of guns in the different materials, are those just going to be like equipment icons? I can't imagine you'd extend them all to the in-game held versions.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can't imagine quality then.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I don't want Frankie to die. :ohdear:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Looking forward to this game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

everythingWasBees posted:

Serious question, but all the cool variations of guns in the different materials, are those just going to be like equipment icons? I can't imagine you'd extend them all to the in-game held versions.

After he's done with the equipment icons, he's going to work on doing 360 variations of each for every angle the gun can be held at.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The in-game versions are largely recolors. It's the Diablo 2 system.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Like Lurdiak said, last week Frankie was working on adding recolors with other things like spots and highlights for the in-game held versions of different materials. Frankie also said that he would do unique models for a handful of specific of the materials/weapons.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Barkley 2 wikipedia posted:

As of 2017, there has been no indication of a final release date given by Tales of Game's, leaving many in the gaming industry to speculate that their Kickstarter funds have been depleted and that the game has fallen into development hell.[citation needed]

lmao which one of you was this

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

boxcarhobo posted:

Someone that didn't hear that the promise has been made

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
just got an alpha build of the game. ill tell you how it is

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

corn on the cop posted:

just got an alpha build of the game. ill tell you how it is

cool.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
i really want to play this game, and also, it looks fun.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

boxcarhobo posted:

NOT MY TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Was cool watching Barkley 2 played at AGDQ this year. My favorite part was when the streamer beat Cyber Draymond, stood up, and shrieked the lyrics to The Real Folk Blues

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BattleHamster posted:

Like Lurdiak said, last week Frankie was working on adding recolors with other things like spots and highlights for the in-game held versions of different materials. Frankie also said that he would do unique models for a handful of specific of the materials/weapons.

This makes a lot of sense, thank you!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

After he's done with the equipment icons, he's going to work on doing 360 variations of each for every angle the gun can be held at.

Please don't say these things.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Barkley 2: The first game ever to require a terabyte of free disk space

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I heard they're doing everything in radians, in increments of pi/512

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
i still remember looking forward to this game in 2013, along with dark souls 2

now lookie here in the meantime we got bloodborne and dark souls 3

still looking forward to it tho

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I "love" that its a "joke" how long this 4x overfunded "project" has "taken"

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Baloogan posted:

I "love" that it's a "joke" how long this "4x overfunded" "project" has "taken"
I added in some quotes you missed.

Two doubles and a single my man.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
It was real money.... once.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i saw this thread on the first page and wondered if there's been any progress on it whatsoever. i guess not

Baloogan posted:

Barkley Citizen

Khorne
May 1, 2002

get that OUT of my face posted:

i saw this thread on the first page and wondered if there's been any progress on it whatsoever. i guess not
I am not sure if their strategy is to say as little as possible and then to casually release it without announcing anything or what the deal is.

I liked when Bise posted some updates like the roll stuff. I know I made fun of him when he rolled into a wall, but it was still a good video.

Maybe I'll play barkley1 or watch a barkley1 playthrough too. Never did that yet and somehow I backed this game.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

There's been plenty of progress on the thread.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Baloogan posted:

the benefits of making a game that is largely a meta-commentary

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Baloogan posted:

4'x overfunded "project"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hahaha this was a test to see who was still a true doom murderhead or somesuch lamo and you all failed corporate behavior reigns

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nintendo's megaton announcement tonight: Barkley 2 Switch console exclusive.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

What game?