Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kelp Plankton posted:

she prefers to create life the old fashioned way

Next time Yamcha is unconcious and curled into a ball they should drag him back to her lab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

seiferguy posted:

Which brings me to my next point - why aren't Beerus and Whis training up all of the Z fighters in anticipation of this tournament?

itd be a huge waste of time. the gap between say krillin and goku is so unimagineably vast at this point that spending time on them is pointless. goku in base form is leagues stronger than final form frieza who while krillin is weaker than even first stage frieza

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

tbp posted:

itd be a huge waste of time. the gap between say krillin and goku is so unimagineably vast at this point that spending time on them is pointless. goku in base form is leagues stronger than final form frieza who while krillin is weaker than even first stage frieza

it doesn't have to be that way though

training can magically excuse a lot of bullshit

like would anyone really complain if krillin or piccolo or tien went through an intense year or two of off-screen training and significantly closed the gap between him and goku

it would only be good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if

all the z-warriors started using god ki

makes u think

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do you think if piccolo asked goku how god ki worked goku would just tell him to gently caress off

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stairmaster posted:

what if

all the z-warriors started using god ki

makes u think

Everyone but chaotzsu is fine with me.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

tbp posted:

On the other hand, Piccolo was able to take on Frost. Sure they wouldn't be able to take on the biggest of bads but they might as well pump up their guys to take the smaller threats.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

WrathOfBlade posted:

There are a million things they could do to make the humans relevant again! I am super curious about what's happening on Universe 6's recently revived Earth - huge potential for Earthling power boosts there, or at least a fun throwaway episode about defeating an evil bizarro Krillin.

I think it's implied that U6's Earth was our Earth, given that it was totally nuked to poo poo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Piccolo should already have God Ki. He's 33% god by volume.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

piccolo should unlock a new form for namekians, i want to know what it would look like, and also it would be rad as hell

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

do you think if piccolo asked goku how god ki worked goku would just tell him to gently caress off

"ok get five namekians together and oh wait nvm"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Just have him wish back King Piccolo and have them fuse into a Full Power 100% Super Duper Namekian that can fight on par with Beerus.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

piccolo should unlock a new form for namekians, i want to know what it would look like, and also it would be rad as hell

Big Green?

Every time Piccolo powered up in Z, he took on a deeper shade of green.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

VanSandman posted:

I've just been ignoring the epilogue. So we lost Uub. Who cares?

They're not going to ignore the epilogue

but they've got like six years to play around with and they've barely been through one

it's fine

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
krillin and the rest of the humans arent dedicated enough to get close. if they couldnt scrape goku-pre-SS power by this pt they'd never handle god ki. however picollo is fair to catch up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tien could try to.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
At one of these tournaments, I want Piccolo to take a moment mid-fight, claim he's attained a new form, but not look any different. Then instant-bean-cannon someone's arm off. No explanation.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gohan, Tien, and Piccolo i think everyone could pretty easily buy catching up to at least base-form goku and vegeta and maybe more if they bust out some cool tricks

Krillin is a slightly harder sell but i think as long as he doesn't outpace Piccolo and Gohan he seems reasonable

everyone else is just kind of whatever. like Buu is theoretically up there already but he doesnt do poo poo (this might change soon), androids 17 and 18 cant increase their power level i think? and theres no way roshi or yamcha is going to care enough to try and seriously catch up

if they did a timeskip for a slightly older Goten and Trunks then those two could probably be actual contenders and train with their dads and stuff. and you'd get a more useful Gotenks which would be cool

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Give me SSB Gotenks. Vegito Blue but even sassier.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I could buy krillin getting a powerup before I could tien tbh; at least krillin is around

wouldn't buy any of them actually catching up tho. goku left his human friends in the dust when he was 15 years old

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You really think they'd make tien more relevant than krillin?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Krillin ain't done poo poo since Namek, Tien at least showed up for Cell and Buu

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

Krillin ain't done poo poo since Namek, Tien at least showed up for Cell and Buu

Pretty sure Krillin had a fairly lengthy subplot post-Namek which involved him marrying one of the arc villains.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He didn't fight tho he just sat around

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Piccolo should go to new namek and absorb/sync with everyone there individually. Since he seems to get about an order of magnitude stronger every fusion and there were hundreds of nameks, this will help

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

krillin was there for cell and buu, idk what you're talking about there. tien's character arc in z:

die to the saiyans
dig a hole for cell

he died to buu as well but I don't think he was on screen for that? can't remember if he was on the lookout with the others

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

krillin was there for cell and buu, idk what you're talking about there. tien's character arc in z:

die to the saiyans
dig a hole for cell

he died to buu as well but I don't think he was on screen for that? can't remember if he was on the lookout with the others

Nah, he got killed when Buu blew up the Earth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aurora posted:

Tien was an afterthought post-Saiyan saga. People just pretend he's still cool because he stalled Cell for five minutes. That's it. That's all it is. Chaotzu is the bottom of the barrel, Yamcha's corpse barely above him, Tien a few notches higher, with Krilldawg standin short just below Piccolo.

Krillin has always been relevant, and if you can't understand that you're just doody.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Kelp Plankton posted:

He would look like Hit and we'd find out that Hit is what Universe 6 Namekians look like.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Stalling for time is a lot more than Krillin accomplished.

I like Krillin but let's be real.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Krillin is on the level of Vegeta in terms of making things worse, so he had a bigger impact on the arc than Tien did.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is true.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

die to the saiyans
dig a hole for cell

Tien shows up to deflect a Buutenks ki blast at Dende and Mr. Satan, tries to TrI Beam him, and then Buu's lower half cold-cocks him. Goku briefly considers fusing with him after Gohan is absorbed.

Krillin never tries to take Cell or Buu head-on :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

Tien shows up to deflect a Buutenks ki blast at Dende and Mr. Satan, tries to TrI Beam him, and then Buu's lower half cold-cocks him. Goku briefly considers fusing with him after Gohan is absorbed.

Krillin never tries to take Cell or Buu head-on :colbert:

Krillin tries to cut Kid Buu in half with a destructo disk. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Krillin tries to cut Kid Buu in half with a destructo disk. :colbert:

Filler

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

krillin does fight cell but gets no sold. he also fights freeza and vegeta, so tien fighting one guy he didn't isn't really saying much

I don't remember if krillin fighting first stage imperfect cell is filler or not but eh

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Killing has the advantage of being a somewhat fleshed out character who remains relevant.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I had forgotten that bit but yeah it's filler too

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also Tien is hell of fleshed out what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Disregard all the filler.

• Locked thread