Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

:lol: This team going nowhere definitely needs Rondo taking minutes from young players the Bulls desperately need to develop.

I disagree. I think a lineup of bench players with Rondo at the point would be fine.

Since all of the Bench players are guys who can't dribble or create their own shot I'd be fine with him running the second unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McDermott is 25 already wow.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Niwrad posted:

Valentine, Grant, McDermott

The ceilings for those three are backup, end of bench, and backup/playing in an Israeli League by 2020, respectively.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Patrick McCaw starting in Klay's place tonight vs. the Heat. Can't wait for some NBA starter Patrick McCaw.

Akbar fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 11, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

The ceilings for those three are backup, end of bench, and backup/playing in an Israeli League by 2020, respectively.

Never underestimate McBuckets

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
This Spurs/Bucks game is awesome (especially if you like Michael Beasley). The Bucks are my bandwagon team for this season, they're so much fun.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I thought it was awesome until the Spurs lost
No fair :(

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Doltos posted:

Rondo is probably not even in the league next season. The team is terrible with him on the court so what's the point?

I also think they should trade Taj and/or Lopez for assets this season.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Papercut posted:

This Spurs/Bucks game is awesome (especially if you like Michael Beasley). The Bucks are my bandwagon team for this season, they're so much fun.

beasley was a one man wrecking crew for the 3rd and half the 4th. it was drat frustrating to watch, but he did a great job.

the bucks just seem to give the spurs fits. they're long and athletic and do a good job protecting the paint and forcing the spurs into tons of jump shots that that extra length also bothers.

tough loss for the spurs, good job to the bucks. plenty of times they could have checked out and they were getting virtually no love from the refs. they hung in there and pulled out a solid win

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Niwrad posted:

Rondo is probably not even in the league next season. The team is terrible with him on the court so what's the point?

True. I guess the point is the Bulls suck and are wasting Jimmy Butler?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Has there ever been an instance of an established star (rookie years excluded) spitting in the face of the law of averages and only scoring like 2 or 3 points on an awful shooting night?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Didn't Kobe have a 1-18 night or something like 6 or 7 years back?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bosh had that 1 for 18 the first year of the Big 3.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Thon Maker is going to be a nice player, no matter what his age is.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wade in 2010 and Ray Allen in 2008 did

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Bucks beat the Spurs and they barely even had Giannis. drat.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Has there ever been an instance of an established star (rookie years excluded) spitting in the face of the law of averages and only scoring like 2 or 3 points on an awful shooting night?

Antawn Jamison wasn't a star by the time he got to the Cavs, but i remember him missing like 30 shots on his first game.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
John Starks went 2-18 in Game 7 of the 1994 finals against the Rockets.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

I saw the headline "Hawks GM disciplined for racially charged remark" and thought they had somehow finally fined Danny Ferry

but nope it's another guy and apparently the Hawks have a GM?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18446972/atlanta-hawks-disciplined-general-manager-wes-wilcox-racially-charged-remark
From what I remember about the Ferry thing Ferry was reading off a scouting sheet he'd never seen before (as in, not expressing any personal views whatsoever?) and the whole event was some pushed forward by some internecine struggle in the ownership group trying to get Adam Silver to go all "BANNED FOR LIFE" Donald-Sterling-style and put them in charge instead of the other folks. But instead Silver said context is important and Ferry shouldn't be fired, but then he was anyways?

It was kinda weird because the owner of the Hawks at the time, Bruce Levenson (I think?) was an actual nasty ol' racist, he was the guy who sent the "we don't want black fans" email.

Anyhow there was a deadspin article about the whole thing like a week ago--
https://deadspin.com/atlanta-hawks-gm-makes-joke-about-angry-black-women-at-1790833283
featuring the outright shocking statement:

quote:

Season ticket holder Clarenton Crawford, by his account, made his displeasure with coach Mike Budenholzer known, and offered to renew for two more seasons if the organization hired Mark Jackson instead.
and later the dude who thinks Mark Jackson would be a better coach than Budenholzer wrote an email stating:

quote:

THIS TOTALLY OFFENDED MY WIFE
haha

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
https://twitter.com/NBAcom/status/819033166610628608

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Dang

Also, Houston has got to start getting jimbo more rest. Don't grind him up before the playoffs

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/CSNAuthentic/status/819054738876436480

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4&feature=youtu.be&t=13s

R.D. Mangles posted:

who do i even loving root for in a power struggle between the bulls front office and loving rajon rondo

the answer, of course is mcdermit

The guy mopping the floor in between plays.

Femur posted:

Man, can the warriors lose two games in a row?

Perhaps the 2017 finals.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
So uh I was reading this little update http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/01/10/update-on-j-r--smith-s-newborn-daughter.html and I don't know if anyone wants this information, but like all good sons I was talking with my mom about JR Smith and his newborn (Mom's an OB/GYN) and it really sounds like JR's daughter's going to die there in the hospital.

His daughter was born at 21 weeks--past 24 is usually the cusp for survivability, and after 28 weeks they have a decent chance of living without severe disabilities. 38 is term and past 42 is overdue. 21 is about as close to a miscarriage as you can get.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

$207 million is a lot of money.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Did I post that since cutting his hair/getting braids, ,Iman Shumpert is shooting 41% from three. He realized his 2012 haircut was going to kill his next contract and did the right thing. Now it's time for Marcus Smart, Thick Stan, and No Just is no peace to get to the barber. Nerlens Noel can join the lineup.

2017 will be called the great shorning and percentages will rise

The video only has 65,000 views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSK77Asxhpo

Niwrad posted:

Bulls will be without Butler, Wade, Niko, and Valentine tonight in Washington.

Edit: I guess Valentine is playing. Who loving cares though?

McDermott/MCW/Rondo go 0for10 from 3P range. :discourse:

"There's a lot more to the game than shooting 3-pointers." Jimmy Butler 10/25/16

Go for broke. Play Rondo 48 minutes per game and let him become the worst shooting Bull of all-time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The pistons are going to have to claw for the 8th seed just like last year. Reggie Jackson sucks. I hate him more than I hate all the various enemies the news tells me to hate like the evil vladiimir putin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EemsXQzm-9g
Complex did a little segment on it and it has 59k. We saw Wiggins get little braids during summer league, I feel like the knowledge is percolating through the NBA, guys just don't want to cut what took so long to grow, they don't want to lose their look. That's understandable, but these haircuts are going to cost Stanley and Justise, specifically, tens of millions of dollars

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Reggie Jackson is hooker piss

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

wow, this is a massive blow to Bill Simmons' fanfic industry

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

So uh I was reading this little update http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/01/10/update-on-j-r--smith-s-newborn-daughter.html and I don't know if anyone wants this information, but like all good sons I was talking with my mom about JR Smith and his newborn (Mom's an OB/GYN) and it really sounds like JR's daughter's going to die there in the hospital.

His daughter was born at 21 weeks--past 24 is usually the cusp for survivability, and after 28 weeks they have a decent chance of living without severe disabilities. 38 is term and past 42 is overdue. 21 is about as close to a miscarriage as you can get.

Man. If his daughter survives, she will literally be one of the most premature babies to do so in medical history.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/sactownroyalty/status/819071286127099904

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

who the gently caress are these reporters lmao

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

straight up brolic posted:

who the gently caress are these reporters lmao

the two that usually write the "KINGS NEED TO GET RID OF COUSINS" pieces

the second one is the one who wrote the poo poo about his brother this year

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sba posted:

the two that usually write the "KINGS NEED TO GET RID OF COUSINS" pieces

the second one is the one who wrote the poo poo about his brother this year
it adds a nice little additional wrinkle of irony to the idea that andy furillo is the hard working greatest generation member, while cousins is the entitled millenial

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I hope DeMarcus spends every single post-game reminding those two loving hacks he ain't going anywhere.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lockback posted:

Didn't Kobe have a 1-18 night or something like 6 or 7 years back?

Did a quick query on BBR

http://bkref.com/tiny/i2nPP

No 1-18, but he did 1-14 a few times. I was in vacation in LA a few years ago and was at the game on the list where he played against Utah and went 3-20 with 7 turnovers. It was beautiful.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's going to be annoying reading about how the new CBA is the only reason why Cousins isn't on the Celtics winning championships

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

It's going to be annoying reading about how the new CBA is the only reason why Cousins isn't on the Celtics winning championships

He'll call it a screw job by the gods, compare it to Bias/Lewis dying, and then have to apologize.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

attackmole posted:

Did a quick query on BBR

http://bkref.com/tiny/i2nPP

No 1-18, but he did 1-14 a few times. I was in vacation in LA a few years ago and was at the game on the list where he played against Utah and went 3-20 with 7 turnovers. It was beautiful.

Jordan's list by the same criteria: http://bkref.com/tiny/dZnNH

Kobe has 24 games that fit that criteria (more than 10 FGA, .200 FG% or lower), Jordan just 6 - and three of those were with the Wizards. I guess you'd say his worst shooting night from the floor was the 2-17 game in 1998 versus the Warriors but he still posted a 14/8/3/3/1 line. He was pretty good that MJ guy.

Lebron: http://bkref.com/tiny/IPmm0

8 games that fit. 2-18 with 10 turnovers in Game 1 against Boston in 2008 is pretty terrible.

Battle of the GOAT chuckers - Iverson vs Miller.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I saw Kobe go 1-14 against the Warriors last year and it was glorious

• Locked thread