Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aurora posted:

Also Tien is hell of fleshed out what

Tien hasn't had any character development since dragonball, saiyan saga at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

his punching perfect cell to no effect isn't tho, so there you go

krillin has fought every big bad in dbz except buu. he was around more during that time tho

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

his punching perfect cell to no effect isn't tho, so there you go

krillin has fought every big bad in dbz except buu

I mean he attacks super buu to try and save his family....but that might be more evil filler

E: he also shows up to all the movies

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm biased because the 22nd World Tournament was great and Krillin never really got a fight like that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

I'm biased because the 22nd World Tournament was great and Krillin never really got a fight like that

Krillin vs Piccolo owned though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Namtab posted:

I mean he attacks super buu to try and save his family....but that might be more evil filler

E: he also shows up to all the movies

yea idk if that's filler or not so I ignored it. I wouldn't have brought up the imperfect cell thing if I didn't have perfect cell to fall back on

krillin's a cool dude and the strongest human

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He's always fought people who outclass him significantly :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I get that tien cam be pretty cool but lol if you think that any human will get a power up, or that it wouldn't be krillin if I'm wrong.

Krillin is the strongest human

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm amazed that people don't get how training works in DB

It works if your name is Goku and Vegeta, works marginally well if your name is Piccolo and for everyone else you're gonna do gently caress all.

You'll be the strongest in the universe if your name is Gohan but you'll still do gently caress all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only times tien has won are by technicality (goku) and against yamcha (doesn't count)

maybe he killed a saibaman too but I honestly can't remember

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

idgaf about people getting a powerup, my point was don't diss Tien :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only times tien has won are by technicality (goku) and against yamcha (doesn't count)

maybe he killed a saibaman too but I honestly can't remember

He didn't

Krillin kills all of the saibamen

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

It works if your name is Goku and Vegeta, works marginally well if your name is Piccolo and for everyone else you're gonna do gently caress all.

You'll be the strongest in the universe if your name is Gohan but you'll still do gently caress all.

Krillin and Tien, doing completely average training, got strong enough that they at least would have been in the top 10 strongest people in the universe. It works great for them, they just keep ending up against crazy rear end people.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Krillin is my favorite DBZ character and I literally just figured out yesterday why he showed up so much more than Tien etc. across the course of the series

His head is a smiley face with eyebrows and he probably took Toriyama 15 seconds to draw

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Namtab posted:

He didn't

Piccolo kills one.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He was fighting evenly with Chun but I don't think it's possible to figure out how hard Roshi was trying

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'll always remember when Nappa and Vegeta talk about how strong the Saibamen are and Krillin just destroys a bunch of them. He's the only character other than Piccolo or Gohan who's training actually paid off in that arc.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tien was probably about as strong as Krillin, he just died before Goku could get there to clean up Nappa

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Namtab posted:

He didn't

hosed up. even yamcha tied with one

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also man thinking about it people are 0/4 on trying to win by self-destruction huh (Goku died but Cell still lost in the end)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd argue that yamcha died to one, but on the other hand it's yamcha so it doesn't count

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Krillin has a wife, a child, and a day job.

Tien has shoulders like boulders, eyes that hypnotize, and a lil buddy who's a telekinetic clown.

The advantage is obvious

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd argue that yamcha died to one, but on the other hand it's yamcha so it doesn't count

That's even better because then it only works on Yamcha

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

...why didn't 18 fly the gently caress away from the island while Tien was KI...KO...HO! the poo poo out of Cell?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

projecthalaxy posted:

Tien has shoulders like boulders, eyes that hypnotize, and a lil buddy who's a telekinetic clown.

The advantage is obvious

The one getting laid by the wonder woman that could kill both of them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

projecthalaxy posted:

The advantage is obvious

Yeah bulging muscles are totally an indicator of strength in DBZ.

Uh huh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

your best friend being chiaotzu is more than enough to cancel out your other accomplishments

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
is hit supposed to be an alt-namekian

also i kinda hate hits design. its so stiff

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That was not meant to be a pro tien post. Tien probably cant even read.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They could always wish back Roshi's youth and allow him to retake his place as strongest human.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

projecthalaxy posted:

That was not meant to be a pro tien post. Tien probably cant even read.

only the top eye can, sadly

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Manatee Cannon posted:

krillin's a cool dude and the strongest human

Errr,actually:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hopefully Super can settle this Krillin vs Tien debate once and for all.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

more importantly, why didn't they have a fusion for Krillin and Tien in DB Fusions? its such a no-brainer, the two bald human dudes. you can have all of krillin's head dots replaced with eyes. it would own

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Also Tien is hell of fleshed out what

Sick traps and delts don't count.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I learned something new about Dragon Ball from MasakoX. He did a video about one of the earliest Dragon Ball fanfics, Zeroverse. Have you guys heard of it?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I hope Krillin cheeses out an early victory with the solar flare.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That right there is why Tien is superior.

Solar Flare was his move and literally everyone, literally EVERYONE, has stolen and used it to great effect. I don't think any move has as high a success rating.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm actually kind of surprised Goku never tried Tri-Beam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tien's tri beam is basically that rock breaking move from ranma 1/2 where it's actually an excavation tool and nobody bothered to tell the guy it doesn't work on people

it has a 0% success rate in fights. goku doesn't want to stall some idiot for 5 minutes; goku wants to win the fight

• Locked thread