Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Wife got an email.

lol

there is no interested buyer and it is a cold foot in the door

I too call people by sending them emails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

cowofwar posted:

Wife got an email.

lol

The real question is: are they talking with an FI to find this out or are they looking at their customer records and assume that you're still making payments?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Too bad you didn't get a TDI cause the VW settlement turned out loving amazingly good

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

cowofwar posted:

Wife got an email.

lol

They didn't say it was an interested BUYER, they said there was "someone interested". Specifically a salesman interested in making money flipping you into a new car and taking in a nice late model trade in.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

I don't know what those words mean sorry

You might as well go back to tweeting about diaper wearing trannies.

Let's get this back on the rails.

Students in Auckland, New Zealand have to pay average rent of $218/week but this is more money than they can receive to live on. No problems there at all, food is optional.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11779030

quote:

"In 2014, we found the average rent for a student was $218 which is already a higher amount than what full-time students are entitled to receive. And that figure has certainly increased," Matthers said.

He said students were also faced with increased competition in the rental market with fewer houses available.

"The perception that students should be 'roughing it' while at uni is wrong. It's a serious crisis. Students are deciding whether to buy food or top up their bus cards. They struggle to survive. They can't eat properly."

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Having a bunch of prostitutes pee all over your hotel bed in Russia is probably BWM.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Posting about 4chan trolls in BWM thread - BWM or BWL?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

monster on a stick posted:

Posting about 4chan trolls in BWM thread - BWM or BWL?

BWL

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
With Lowtax and all these mods in here, this is our opportunity to get someone from BWM as the next new moderator!

Spread wedding and horse chat to all the forums!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Krispy Kareem posted:

With Lowtax and all these mods in here, this is our opportunity to get someone from BWM as the next new moderator!

I nominate you, Kareem.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Krispy Kareem posted:

I also nominate you however you need to spread horse finance around the forums. GWM to bankrupt horse owners.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Nominating zuarg.

A man can hope.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

OSI bean dip posted:

The real question is: are they talking with an FI to find this out or are they looking at their customer records and assume that you're still making payments?

Customer records. I paid the lien on my car off early and the original selling dealer still tried to pull that poo poo.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
I was excited by the thought of 300 some BWM posts. I am disappointed.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

JohnGalt posted:

I was excited by the thought of 300 some BWM posts. I am disappointed.

Yeah my thought was "oh, good! something really catastrophically bad with money has happened!" but no, just stupid drama.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Yeah my thought was "oh, good! something really catastrophically bad with money has happened!" but no, just stupid drama.

Same but at least a pants making GBS threads retard was banned so it wasn't all for nothing.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

"Something really catastrophically bad" happened, anyway.

youre post :xd:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Devian666 posted:

Same but at least a pants making GBS threads retard was banned so it wasn't all for nothing.

Schmorky got banned a while ago dude

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
OH wait, is this a thread where we can make fun of excessive wedding plans?

My cousin is a small-engine mechanic. At his wedding there was:
- swans
- a string quartet
- a shrimp buffet
- his wife arrived in a horse-drawn carriage

The thing cost - I poo poo you not - $50,000. Wife's dad was a chiropractor so I guess they had the money.

Anyone want to take bets on how the marriage turned out?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Don't ever marry someone that wants a princess or fairy tale wedding. They're going to expect a fairy tale life and wont be able to handle any kind of adult problems like an adult and will just cut and run. It's the most obvious red flag aside from conspiracy theories or past due letters.

A relationship requires a lot of work by both parties, and princesses don't do work.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Hey we haven't talked about HOAs in a while

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/5n9mrj/20000_lien_on_my_mothers_home_will_we_end_up/ posted:

So, I'm in a little bit of a pickle right now. So, the backstory is my parents bought a house back in 2012. There was (and still is) an HoA. We knew there was. But my parents decided to not pay the monthly dues because the escrow company never gave us or our realtor any information about the HoA. My parents believed that because of this, anything regarding the Home Owner's Association didn't apply to them.

My father in particular took advantage of this. In September of 2012 (right around the time we bought the house), he added an extension to the fence that was already there. The Secretary(?) of the HoA came to us and told us that we needed permission to build the fence from the Association. After talking, he went right back to building the fence. This was just the beginning. Over the next few years, he would continue adding whatever he loving pleased to the house:

-He made a lovely extension to the house. You know that small concrete staircase that you place your shoes on, and it leads to the backyard? He put a loving wall on top of that with glass in it. Now it's like a three-foot wide "room" that's useless because it's three loving feet wide. And there's a door he added to the end of it, that doesn't even have a lock on it because the frame is just a bunch of 2x4s nailed together.

-Added another door in front of the original door (same deal as the backyard door -- no lock on it)

-He painted a part of the front of the house a different color. Not even a whole side. It's so loving ugly to look at from the front, especially with the door

-He added some thick, six foot pieces of wood onto our lawn, where it meets the sidewalk. Hammered it down in place with some stakes. He claimed that "it's so the loving little pirate motherfuckers don't ride their bikes on our lawn and destroy it". When I removed them, the grass was destroyed anyways and left a bunch of dirt and mud underneath.

-Part of the fence that he made can be removable, sort of like a sliding gate. This was so that he could put two of our cars and a trailer in the backyard. The result is a lovely-looking fence.

-etc.

My mother told him time and time again not to do any of this poo poo. But since she sleeps during the day, he went behind her back and did all of this. Cost her thousands of dollars. Of course, the HoA got pissed the gently caress off. We were fined $20,000. Lean(?) on the house. My mother went to court because the HoA wanted to foreclose the house. The order was vacated, but we still had to pay $20,000. Apparently, it was a garnishment. We're not 100% that it is a garnishment, all we know is that the HoA took all of my mother's money from her checking account ($6,000). They haven't taken any money from her savings account (which is about $10,000).

The big question that we're wondering is if she withdraws money from her savings account to her checking account (to pay the bills), will it automatically be taken away by the HoA because of the apparent garnishment? If so, then what are my options? What are the pros and cons of each option?

I have my own bank account, could she transfer her money from her savings into my account to pay the bills? Without getting taken away by the HoA first?

I'm a senior in highschool. I work at a fast food place during the weekends making $11 an hour. I have four college-level classes, so I can't work any more days unless I drop out. My mother works 80 hours a week, making about $16 an hour. My father is out of the question. He's homeless in another state. Long story. My brother is 16. He doesn't work. We have talked to our attorney about what happened, but he hasn't called us back yet. We have no idea what to do, which is why I'm asking for advice here. There's a lean(spelling) on the house. I have $600 in my bank account. My mother mentioned taking out money from her 401k and paying the debt directly.

I'm on my knees here, Reddit. I'd suck God's dick right now if he was in front me. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

tl;dr: $20,000 debt to HoA. They took all of my mother's money from her checking account, but not from her savings($10000). Will they take her money if she transfers her money to her checking account? If so, what are my options to help her pay the bills? What are the pros and cons of each of my options?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

Schmorky got banned a while ago dude

Check out some of Lowtax's recent tweets. More trannies in diapers than I ever wanted to see.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Are HOAs GWM or BWM? Ours costs $120 a year apparently and keeps up a beautiful pond and enormous grass field behind our house that provides a beautiful view for our kitchen and great hall but isn't grass I have to mow so I'm pretty pleased.

We haven't been billed yet since we're only there since October.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Are HOAs GWM or BWM? Ours costs $120 a year apparently and keeps up a beautiful pond and enormous grass field behind our house that provides a beautiful view for our kitchen and great hall but isn't grass I have to mow so I'm pretty pleased.

If that's all it costs then that's GWM. If a whole heap of hidden costs turn up or crazy deferred maintenance issues then BWM. The BWM version happens a lot in New Zealand with hidden structural upgrading costs, rotting buildings, etc.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

GWM in my case since we're fiscally responsible and in a fairly easy going smaller neighborhood. We have about 2.5 years of revenue in savings right now, mostly earmarked for maintenance projects in the next 5 years. I'm on the board and the biggest problem we have is getting enough people to volunteer, not so much trying to keep the busybodies away.

I don't think we've fined anyone in the 6 years I've lived here. We assessed $15 in late fees, total, in 2016. The horror!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Devian666 posted:

If that's all it costs then that's GWM. If a whole heap of hidden costs turn up or crazy deferred maintenance issues then BWM. The BWM version happens a lot in New Zealand with hidden structural upgrading costs, rotting buildings, etc.

Yeah that's all it costs but that's also literally all it does - some 12 properties, each on their own lot, share an enormous pond and field as the "back yard" so we pay some guy to mow it every 4 weeks during the summer and stock the pond with fish.

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

OH wait, is this a thread where we can make fun of excessive wedding plans?

My cousin is a small-engine mechanic. At his wedding there was:
- swans
- a string quartet
- a shrimp buffet
- his wife arrived in a horse-drawn carriage

The thing cost - I poo poo you not - $50,000. Wife's dad was a chiropractor so I guess they had the money.

Anyone want to take bets on how the marriage turned out?

You can rent swans for events! I love this, because swans are assholes. I bet there have been a few fairytale weddings punctuated by swan-on-bride violence.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Trillian posted:

You can rent swans for events! I love this, because swans are assholes. I bet there have been a few fairytale weddings punctuated by swan-on-bride violence.

Was on lakefront vacation one time, and saw three sets of fowl. Group of ducks, super cool, enjoyed the quacking. Geese, kinda loud, a little aggressive. Swan, holy gently caress run the gently caress away from the swan and don't go back outside until it goes back across the lake.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Oh hey hundreds of posts, I wonder if there was a horse weddi-

:yikes:

Sounds like a rare case of a HOA actually being right.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Is his dad legitimately retarded?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I figured people were comparing how much (little) they spent on their weddings.

It was actually somehow less interesting.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
As a high net worth individual I am concerned that my credit card information from 2003 has been compromised.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
It was just revealed that the National Danish Television (Think BBC) paid almost USD10k to fly a correspondent's wife's horse from Denmark to the US as part of him being stationed there, although it doesn't really count as BWM as long as it's other peoples' money, I guess.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Actually it was going to happen eventually because he was spreading bullshit about the security of the site again and using his past as a steadfast employee to back it up. I just wanted a few more posts to break his idiot bullshit down before it happened along with Lowtax posting. So kindly gently caress off and stop turning an ethics issue into something it isn't

I know YOSPOS is talking about this too but by coincidence I made a thread about this topic (security, retention of customer info like CCs and IP addresses) a month ago in QCS. The topic is very interesting so if people have questions maybe you could discuss it in there? :ohdear:

Just to avoid derailing a fun thread in the future.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

n8r posted:

As a high net worth individual I am concerned that my credit card information from 2003 has been compromised.

High Earner Not Rich Lowtax Kyanka Yet

HENRLKY

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
Don't worry guys. This thread has chronically sucked rear end. No acute change.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
"

potatoducks posted:

Don't worry guys. This thread has chronically sucked rear end. No acute change.
", quoth the goon who doesn't care so damned hard, that he had to post about it :thumbsup:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I quite liked it.

It's good to see a site's owners/admins get seriously pissed off when someone accuses them of being lax with our personal financial data.

Compare that to the number of times some 'proper' company gets compromised and it turns out that they kept all the customers credit card details in a large excel spreadsheet in a shared folder on Marge the Secretary's desktop.

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006

Weatherman posted:

"

", quoth the goon who doesn't care so damned hard, that he had to post about it :thumbsup:

What are you talking about? I love this lovely thread and post here all the time. Doesn't make it any less lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Kid, the best thing you can do is get your diploma and run.

• Locked thread