Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

no don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Show us more 3D models.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

This devbox guy is too good to be true

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Yo dev box, this is an important request by a moderator, I don't think you should ignore it.

Palpek posted:

Dear hyperdevbox, as a moderator of this place I'd like to ask you to give me a list of all people who controlled the Something Awful user account of Hyperdevbox, preferably with a timeline. It's an official request for statistical purposes. Thank you.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

How many cats are there going to be in this game?

Also, share the stats!

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
As we all know anime is causing the younger people of Japan to not have sex with eachother which will lead to a loss of up to a third of the population and will be an absolute disaster for the Japanese social security system. Isn't it immoral to continue with this project?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

ban this sick account sharing filth

make him re-reg and work to earn our approval

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 10, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

koolkal posted:

I'm really confused why he stole the apple. He works/lives in a tavern which serves food.

Because it's what a dashing rogue type would do, like Aladdin.

That's it, it's a gratuitous act of theft for the purposes of establishing a style based on Disney movie devil-may-care character archetypes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yo, Fructidor is shaping up to be a monster and the author is looking for goon devs now:

kukrunkarmaskin posted:

Next iteration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tOfJQOacGM

Now I just gotta implement some scoring/progress and make it fun to play.

Also, I might need someone to help out with the following, since I've realized I need all the time I have to finish the gameplay:

-Art (3D Fruits , Environment, 2D/UI Graphics)
-Sound Effects
-Music

PM me if you're interested!

Maybe you could PM him hyperdevbox - it looks like the music+sound effects position on that project could be right up your alley.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh man he even made it look more anime!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

6 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

7 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

8 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

9 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

10 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

Total increase in amount raised between 28 December 2016 to 10 January 2017 - $250

Total increase in number of backers between 28 December 2016 to 10 January 2017 - 2

No. of days left - 19

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $238,948.00

Average amount of new funds per day required to meet target - $12,576.21

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

hyperdevbox posted:

There is a reason it's called a "Private Message", so it is not to be shared publicly.
But you had to go and do that... with a screenshot and all! :doh:
The reason I sent you a link to one of my band's tracks is because you said it was lovely (I'm presuming before even listening to it), so I thought that maybe after you gave it a listen you might change your mind.
But now you've ruined all of that, so never mind.

lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I, too, post my music on a public, searchable website and then get frustrated when people share links to it

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

a medical mystery posted:

The Guillotine Rush
In case anyone didn't know, TheD has made it to the major leagues with a big 3D release on the PS4. :2bong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGuRHw8ij20

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine-psvita/

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aardark posted:

In case anyone didn't know, TheD has made it to the major leagues with a big 3D release on the PS4. :2bong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGuRHw8ij20

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/skylight-freerange-2-gachduine-psvita/

holy poo poo, I think I saw Cherry Venus in there in glorious three dimensions

hyperdevbox posted:

OK!

Anyway, the 2D animations for the dialogue screen are looking good, and it looks like we should be able to showcase them by Thursday!
We have also added some new cooler looking images to better introduce the characters, and also an improved timeline showing the first four battle stages.

I'll keep you updated!

So how about the actual gameplay, you know, the part anyone here would remotely give a poo poo about and the part you guys should probably work on before tightening up the graphics on dialogue windows

you know, the "tactical RPG" part of your Tactical JRPG

how's that part coming along

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 10, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Maybe we should invite devbox to the Star Citizen thread so he can learn about game development

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Ayn Marx posted:

Maybe we should invite devbox to the Star Citizen thread so he can learn about game development

Don't you mean learn how to lie in a crowdfunding pitch to get money? Yes, the Star Citizen thread is perfect for that.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
Box Devs keep saying they'll get the game funded "one way or another". There's no way in hell this will ever get crowdfunded (unless the goal is lowered to somewhere around 800 dollars during the next iteration), and a publisher wouldn't throw money at this in a million years. What's the plan here?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
One last caper.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
They just have to steal enough apples...

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scruffyhawk posted:

What's the plan here?

There's no plan. They are simply delusional.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Where are the loving power gauntlets jesus christ I wanna see these anime babes crushing some dudes skulls betwixt massive glowing metal encased fists

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

JosephWongKS posted:

There's no plan. They are simply delusional.

Or funding is somehow already secured and this is just a way to rip off dweebs

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Let it never be said I didn't try before pissing into a well.

Hi OP, I'm a guy who spent about 600 bucks on various video game kickstarters with currently very little to show for it. I'm not upset by this and would gladly step onto that rake again.

Your approach to crowdfunding is not gonna work. Straight up. I'm telling it to you as a shining omen that streaks across the heavens.

You say the reason the game still hasn't got a proper workable demo is because of personal reasons? Well guess what, those reasons are no longer personal as soon as crowdfunding enters the fray. Valdas Story's dev had a death in the family which was responsible for the delay. Cross Code's devs admitted to schedule slips being caused by Overwatch (they made up for it with a lot of fantastic improvements to their game). Dysfunctional Systems 2 fell through and the lead dev posted a post-mortem, and I understood, was saddened and I did not ask for my 150 bucks back. We are people, we can emphasize.
On the flip side, Star Citizen is losing their white knights because they have little to show for it. And that game is miraculously more playable than yours. Which, seriously, for shame dude. Mighty Number 9 did this (among other crowdfunding nonos) and its reputation speaks for itself.

The second your personal reasons affect your game, they stop being personal. That's what you pay for crowdfunding.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

satisfaction.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

SSNeoman posted:

Let it never be said I didn't try before pissing into a well.

Hi OP, I'm a guy who spent about 600 bucks on various video game kickstarters with currently very little to show for it. I'm not upset by this and would gladly step onto that rake again.

Your approach to crowdfunding is not gonna work. Straight up. I'm telling it to you as a shining omen that streaks across the heavens.

You say the reason the game still hasn't got a proper workable demo is because of personal reasons? Well guess what, those reasons are no longer personal as soon as crowdfunding enters the fray. Valdas Story's dev had a death in the family which was responsible for the delay. Cross Code's devs admitted to schedule slips being caused by Overwatch (they made up for it with a lot of fantastic improvements to their game). Dysfunctional Systems 2 fell through and the lead dev posted a post-mortem, and I understood, was saddened and I did not ask for my 150 bucks back. We are people, we can emphasize.
On the flip side, Star Citizen is losing their white knights because they have little to show for it. And that game is miraculously more playable than yours. Which, seriously, for shame dude. Mighty Number 9 did this (among other crowdfunding nonos) and its reputation speaks for itself.

The second your personal reasons affect your game, they stop being personal. That's what you pay for crowdfunding.

lol you gave $150 to KS a visual novel and didn't even ask for a refund when the dev literally said he stopped caring about the game and openly offered refunds

e: you donated to Thermidor already didn't you

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

staberind posted:

satisfaction.

Did the Russians hack in and get the list? :wth:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If SSNeonan won't donate to your crowdfunding then no one will lol

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

hyperdevbox posted:

• It sounds cool in Japanese (テルミドール).

:allears: this is precious

Are there bento boxes in this game, OP?

E: aw drat, this is old

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kelp Me! posted:

lol you gave $150 to KS a visual novel and didn't even ask for a refund when the dev literally said he stopped caring about the game and openly offered refunds

:eyepop:

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
is this the Real Snowglobe 2 thread?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

weak wrists big dick posted:

is this the Real Snowglobe 2 thread?

There's going to be a second one!? I put so many hours I to the first.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The first four battles of the game!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
whole lotta 'unknowns' on there

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

The first four battles of the game!

Wait, the police investigate the tavern to find the girl? But in that opening video they search it before she gets kidnapped.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Why don't you just make an anime instead of a game? What I'm seeing now is a pitch for a kickstarter anime movie but not so much a game.

Palpek posted:

Dear hyperdevbox, as a moderator of this place I'd like to ask you to give me a list of all people who controlled the Something Awful user account of Hyperdevbox, preferably with a timeline. It's an official request for statistical purposes. Thank you.

I like to imagine Special Agent Dale Cooper somehow ended up as an SA mod during his time in the black lodge.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

The first four two battles of the game!

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Corbyn posted:

Wait, the police investigate the tavern to find the girl? But in that opening video they search it before she gets kidnapped.

The scene in the opening video, where the police come to Leandre's house, has nothing to do with the kidnapping!
Leandre always gets in to trouble with the police...
And after he manages to escape from them, he meets Armandine for the first time. They go out and enjoy each other's company for most of the day, until she suddenly gets kidnapped by unknown men.
And that's when the game begins.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So the police show up... And they fight the police? Then more police show up and imprison whoever doesn't get slaughtered on the spot, how does that lead to the next battle?

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Also, is the whole story narrated on tattered rolls of toilet paper? Is this some subtle commentary on the hygiene of 18th century France?

• Locked thread