Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CrashCat posted:

It just finally occurred to me that they're releasing in March to get that sweet early tax return impulse money

Wow I'm loving slow

Nintendo's fiscal year ends March 31st, they're launching in March to end with high numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
March is not only TAX RETURN month in a year where i bought a poo poo tonne of RRSPs, it's also TRIPLE PAYCHECK MONTH

i will buy 7 nintendos

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
scratch that put me down for 9 ni ntendos

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna do 100 preorders. Then sell for $500 profit each. $50k in a couple of days. Then I am going to start making pro-trump posts on my FB.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just going to buy one for myself and take it with me to church

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to buy six and make a gamecube.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I will buy one. Because I am a normal person

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm going to buy six and make a gamecube.

LOL

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Anidav posted:

I will buy one. Because I am a normal person

the number youre looking for is 0, then

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Serious post: I will get one, because there will be enough for everyone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm getting one for myself, and one for my girlfriend for her Birthday, which is in March so the timing is good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Look at this guy with all the jokes.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MarcusSA posted:

Look at this guy with all the jokes.

The NES Classic Edition died for our sins.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

Mods?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Waltzing Along posted:

Waltzing Along posted:

Does anyone else think it's funny how much people are freaking out about Wave 4? It's not like it will be hard to get these figures. But people are acting like if they don't preorder within minutes of them becoming available they won't ever be able to do so.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Posting live from eb games, just added some more games to my guaranteed switch preorder guys :)

It's pretty great to be Australian (aside from the fact that this country is literally more conservative than a country who just elected Donald trump president)

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 11, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i cant wait for super mario frost world switch and assassins creed egypt

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I just want Metroid

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hedrigall posted:

Posting live from eb games, just added some more games to my guaranteed switch preorder guys :)

It's pretty great to be Australian (aside from the fact that this country is literally more conservative than a country who just elected Donald trump president)

Why? I could see making sure you get Mario or Zelda at launch or whatever. But do you really think it will be hard to get skyrim switch or whatever other lame games come out at launch? Launch games for consoles are notoriously garbage.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CrashCat posted:

It just finally occurred to me that they're releasing in March to get that sweet early tax return impulse money

Wow I'm loving slow

I would say releasing away from when the Xbox and PS4 are having massive holiday hardware sales makes the price look better.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Hedrigall posted:

"guaranteed"

What recourse do you have if they don't get enough stock to satisfy preorders?

(That's a rhetorical question; I know there's none.)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lemming posted:

I just want Samus

:quagmire:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jimmy Hats posted:

i will buy 7 nintendos

one for each Pokemon Snap

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Screen protector chat: I liked having one on the 3ds since my cheetos encrusted goon fat fingers need to use the stylus to type stuff without typoing constantly. After a while the stylus is leaving marks in the glass screen protector.

For the Switch since its using touchscreen technology pioneered a decade ago instead of in the 80s and doesn't need a stylus I'm probably going to pass because I don't use the things on my tablet or phone and they are fine.

orphean fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 11, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If you happen to be in Sweden on the 4th or 5th of February, you can get to try the Switch in person.

Or you could just go to Japan for the after-presentation convention, which is this weekend.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

My finger is hovering over permaban....

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
switch amiibos are going to sell hotcakes!!!

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Literally can't wait for awkward Reggie to tell me about all the exciting opportunities Switch brings to the "toys to life" category.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Going all the way back to the original Game Boy and Palm Pilot I've never put a screen protector on anything and I've never had an issue with scratches. Yeah, people see their screen protectors get scratched up, but that's because they are made of soft material so they get scratched up and you feel like you got your money's worth.

Unless you carry your electronic devices in the same pocket as a bunch of wadded up sandpaper and ball bearings it's a complete non-issue, and even then you're probably better off just putting the ball bearings in a different pocket.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What would an amiibo of an amiibo look like

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EZA bets for the Switch event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYlj4rAjeog

EDIT: Waluigi WILL speak.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 11, 2017

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

I'm going to use rest of my student loan to buy all the nintendos

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I have a preorder for a Switch locked in. Good luck fighting over them once that stream goes live :smuggo:.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm gonna go around town as early as I can Friday morning after watching the presentation to see which stores are taking pre-orders as soon as they open up. With any luck I'll be able to get in s line before the window of opportunity expires

(holy poo poo one day and nearly 15 hours left)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it is switchmass eve eveyone. gett o bed early to wake early the next day (11pm est)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gamestops are getting 20-30 each. If you show up for morning business hours you'll certainly get one.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498&t=15s

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

greatn posted:

Gamestops are getting 20-30 each. If you show up for morning business hours you'll certainly get one.

god forbid i can't get my switch on day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

god forbid i can't get my switch on day 1

This but unironically.

Also apparently r/nintendoswitch got verified confirmation that the Switch is in Best Buy's system at $250.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 11, 2017

• Locked thread