Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
11/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can never not watch this

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

oh no

john lennon died

why do i always find about this stuff in the pyf m&m thread

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

This is funnier because I am currently making a similar noise.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=204BDmIg7B4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh no

John Lemon died

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh no

John Lemon died

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Does anyone know if/how it's possible to upload like 100 images to imgur and have it auto-generate BBCode for each one?

I have a giant collection of ~spicy~ Spurdos that I want to upload but dont want to go through the pain in the rear end of copy+pasting each individual tag.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Link the album instead of making thread fat cause 100 pics/post is 99 too many

fug xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Good Dog posted:

Also that industrial shredder video always makes me smile. My dad designed that machine. The reason they dump tampons in there is to demonstrate its shredding ability against one of the more common things it will be up against. They're used in waste treatment to shred material flushed into the sewers in order to protect the pumps and other equipment. Non-disposable baby wipes are actually one of the most effective ways to gently caress the systems up since their fibers get all stringy and wrap around pumps/augers.

Please let your dad know that I really like the music in the video for his industrial shredder. Thank you.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
:nws:http://imgur.com/a/vExOP:nws:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Speaking of capitalism: How a group of Redditors is creating a fake stock market to figure out the value of memes

Looking for stock tips, tia.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

That's no moon.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Stoatbringer posted:

That's no moon.

Here is an image with text on it:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

du -hast posted:

Does anyone know if/how it's possible to upload like 100 images to imgur and have it auto-generate BBCode for each one?

I have a giant collection of ~spicy~ Spurdos that I want to upload but dont want to go through the pain in the rear end of copy+pasting each individual tag.

the pain makes it better

cf: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746906&userid=189172&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post460069893

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This poor man can never have sex. :( Just getting a boner probably makes him pass out from blood loss to the brain. Tragic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I heard you guys were fans of the Super Mario Twins video game series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIj1oPzuWlk

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:discourse:

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

2 girls, 1 trump

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Such an accurate meme

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

i don't get it

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Rangpur posted:

i don't get it

Trump is into piss and had a bunch of Russian sex workers perform a piss orgy in the bed Obama slept in while on an official visit.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nanomashoes posted:

Time for the beatles meme

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band.

Holy poo poo this entire block of text is wrong and infuriates me

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Scarf posted:

Not known for their musical talent? George Harrison, the greatest guitarist of the last century? The man whom Eric Clapton and loving Prince idolized. Is he loving serious with this poo poo!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Scarf posted:

Same

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Nanomashoes posted:

Time for the beatles meme

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scarf posted:

:thejoke:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Glazier posted:

Not known for their musical talent? George Harrison, the greatest guitarist of the last century? The man whom Eric Clapton and loving Prince idolized. Is he loving serious with this poo poo!

On the other hand, Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
whyy trump is piss??

Glazier posted:

Eric Clapton is a thieving piece of poo poo dickhead and his respect should be considered not an endorsement but a burden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

• Locked thread