Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
A 50's ray gun
Doesn't like poetry, but
Is a nerd, irony

Not a Haiku
Suck a dick
Peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Can I put myself down for a :toxx: of the Warmaster himself and his Brother Alpharius?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Sivores posted:

Can I put myself down for a :toxx: of the Warmaster himself and his Brother Alpharius?

You're in! That puts our cursed number at 21, so we're almost up to filling a Spartan you guys.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

tallkidwithglasses posted:

You're in! That puts our cursed number at 21, so we're almost up to filling a Spartan you guys.

Pretty sure most of you count as 'bulky'

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

Finally finished the 30 or so tacticals that I started months ago. I decided not to go with the marble base, it looked great but detracted from the model. After a while I just fell into using astrogranite debris combined with agrellan earth, then painted VMA black grey.

Sorry about the lighting, I did try.

I used a Necron staff because I figured it's a good symbol of their pre-heresy attitude: the desire to mess with things they do not have a full understanding on. It's like something this little dude "found" and figured it worked pretty cool.

Sick Sons. Now your tactical blob is ready for February!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sivores posted:

and his Brother Alpharius?
All of them?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:toxx:

Put me down for a Primarch. I haven't decided which one yet, but I've got most of 2017 to decide before I hastily panic-paint him on December 31 :v:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
And don't forget we have a Slack channel. It's surprisingly motivating.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

And don't forget we have a Slack channel. It's surprisingly motivating.
It is not without certain risks, however.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

"Extremely motivational, prohibitively expensive"

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Just like Scientology, the more you buy into it, the more secrets are revealed to you.

The Church of Heresology.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Just like school, even if it is ill advised, if the cool kids are doing it I am in.

I resolve to paint and base the apocalypse miniature from the other seven sins game to be a lord of war daemon of the ruinstorm ( I will decide which one when I have the book)

Like the cool kids at school you are using adult terms that I don't truly understand (circa '91 I did not get the difference between dildo and condom thanks to a stupid Adrian mole gag. Fortunately due to my outright nerdiness the practical difficulties of such confusion never manifested) can I clarify that toxxing basically means a ban if I fail?

:toxx:

E: SAClopedia has enlightened me. I guess it is up to the internet to educate me about condoms and dildos as neither of those terms were there.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 11, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

It is not without certain risks, however.

I turned off the unrated images, what more do you want?!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
JackMack and Endman, you've joined our ranks! Hopefully we'll Give GW Enough Money that they can pay for market research that indicates dumb nerds are willing to risk their valuable forums accounts just for the chance to assemble and paint their largest jewel like objects.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

Pierzak posted:

All of them?

Nope, just Omegon.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

JackMack and Endman, you've joined our ranks! Hopefully we'll Give GW Enough Money that they can pay for market research that indicates dumb nerds are willing to risk their valuable forums accounts just for the chance to assemble and paint their largest jewel like objects.

It looks like you may have forgotten to add me from the last page, I'm exactly that kind of dumb nerd

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

It looks like you may have forgotten to add me from the last page, I'm exactly that kind of dumb nerd

I got u boo. Have fun with your Iron Hands!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Would it be okay if I changed my toxx to Alexis Polux? I know he's not a Primarch, but there's no Dorn and the Crimson Fists are my favourite post-heresy chapter.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I want whatever the thing is

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
:toxx: me for a squad of Custodes

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested
Yeah, sure, I'm interested.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I mean if I ended up with a typhon I wouldn't complain.

Lord Twisted posted:

:toxx: me for a squad of Custodes

Endman posted:

Would it be okay if I changed my toxx to Alexis Polux? I know he's not a Primarch, but there's no Dorn and the Crimson Fists are my favourite post-heresy chapter.

The :toxx: is for a 30k LoW choice. That said, you're both :toxx:'d!

Moon Wizard
Dec 29, 2011

I picked up the Burning of Prospero box a while back at a steep discount so one of my coworkers convinced me to sign up for a 1k Zone Mortalis event in about 2 months. Problem is I haven't played 40k since 2nd edition, so I'm trying to put together an army in time while also reading a lot of rules. I came up with this borrowing heavily from some other lists with some of my own ideas:

quote:

+++ Thousand Sons Zone Mortalis (1000pts) +++
Rite of War: Chosen Duty

+ HQ +
Legion Centurion: Librarian [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon, Psychic Mastery Level 2, Refractor Field] (155)
Legion Centurion: Delegatus [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon] (95)

+ Elites +
Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought [2x Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt Graviton Gun] (165)
Legion Terminator Squad [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, 1x Heavy Flamer] (185)

+ Troops +
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines + Sergeant, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen, Legion Vexilla, 2x Meltagun] (200)
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines + Sergeant, Veteran Tactics: Marksmen, Legion Vexilla, 2x Plasma gun] (200)

Is this a decent/fun/legal list that won't get completely stomped? I'm fully expecting to lose, just hopefully not from before the start of the game.

Moon Wizard fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 12, 2017

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yes please

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I don't think anyone would say no to a typhon. Other than Stanyer89, he explicitly told me he doesn't want it. :v:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Can anyone toxx even if they're not a super big thread regular?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
of course! The cliff we are racing towards is very big and very deep, there's tons of room for us at the bottom.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Interested fo sure my man, would toxx that sucker and the atro and pretend not to be bitter about actually having to paint more resin mans for the resin mans gods.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yes please.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I would love a Typhon, but I didn't actually write a haiku, so do with that what you will.

But I'll tell you what I will do:
:toxx: for Mortarion to be bought, assembled, and painted by the end of 2017.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Hey if I get it by some freak chance I promise to at least get it painted and looking pretty sometime before the 30th millennium. so yes

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hamshot posted:

Can anyone toxx even if they're not a super big thread regular?

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I would love a Typhon, but I didn't actually write a haiku, so do with that what you will.

But I'll tell you what I will do:
:toxx: for Mortarion to be bought, assembled, and painted by the end of 2017.

:toxx:es accepted, you're in!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Absolutely

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yeah fo sho!

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

I would like to :toxx: for painting just a single normal space man by myself. I haven't painted in 10+ years and would like to become competent at it this year.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I'm in!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DrPop posted:

I would like to :toxx: for painting just a single normal space man by myself. I haven't painted in 10+ years and would like to become competent at it this year.

:sad:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

I mean if I ended up with a typhon I wouldn't complain.

The :toxx: is for a 30k LoW choice. That said, you're both :toxx:'d!

Just to clarify that's a squad of custodes by the end of 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

Just to clarify that's a squad of custodes by the end of 2017

Welcome to the 30k :toxx: challenge, friend.