Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

tanglewood1420 posted:

Jordan's list by the same criteria: http://bkref.com/tiny/dZnNH

Kobe has 24 games that fit that criteria (more than 10 FGA, .200 FG% or lower), Jordan just 6 - and three of those were with the Wizards. I guess you'd say his worst shooting night from the floor was the 2-17 game in 1998 versus the Warriors but he still posted a 14/8/3/3/1 line. He was pretty good that MJ guy.

Lebron: http://bkref.com/tiny/IPmm0

8 games that fit. 2-18 with 10 turnovers in Game 1 against Boston in 2008 is pretty terrible.

Battle of the GOAT chuckers - Iverson vs Miller.

looks like
Ason Kidd is way ahead of the pack:
http://www.basketball-reference.com....2&order_by=pts
Followed by Ron the Artist and Jamal Crawford

Bump it up to 12 shots it goes Kidd, The Truth, Baron Davis

at 14 it stays Kidd, Truth, Baron but Iverson and Kobe start showing up

AI leaps into the lead at 16 shots and Kidd falls wayyy back to #13, Truth and Davis stay 2 and 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Although without looking I"m going to say with 99% confidence that most of those games where Paul Pierce missed 10+ shots all of his makes came at the end of the fourth quarter.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EemsXQzm-9g
Complex did a little segment on it and it has 59k. We saw Wiggins get little braids during summer league, I feel like the knowledge is percolating through the NBA, guys just don't want to cut what took so long to grow, they don't want to lose their look. That's understandable, but these haircuts are going to cost Stanley and Justise, specifically, tens of millions of dollars

Holy crap they straight up stole the vid. Also I'm almost sure about 64k views are from you because when I first posted it the video had around 1k views

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

You have to trade Cousins now before you lose him for nothing.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
To be fair did anyone expect Cousins or now George to leave after they created the supermax?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Holy crap they straight up stole the vid. Also I'm almost sure about 64k views are from you because when I first posted it the video had around 1k views

Complex interviewed the original video's creator and also linked to it, this is public service, it's not about credit, we just want our young men balling to their full potential

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Complex interviewed the original video's creator and also linked to it, this is public service, it's not about credit, we just want our young men balling to their full potential

Oh good (I didn't actually watch it cuz I was getting all of my hairs cut when I saw the thumbnail on my phone) and everything in the world is about credit now baby

e: Someone really needs to track players' shooting trends as their hair grows out, it would be tedious but not too tough

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 11, 2017

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
DMC is going to sign the extension just to spite those lovely Sacramento reporters.

Don't do it Boogie!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It takes quite a man to take $200 million out of spite.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

sba posted:

wow, this is a massive blow to Bill Simmons' fanfic industry

It's okay now we can get 20,000 words about how committing to play for bad team for more money shows that he doesn't care about winning or know The Secret (spoiler: The Secret is that it's good to win basketball games)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Mad I didn't watch the Raps come back and own the Celtics. I needed a break after the weekend games, plus I was watching The A show Smackdown Live.
I watched the highlights. How did such a great team with future all stars like Jae Crowder and the best coach in NBA history lose to Dwayne Casey and a team that plays Demare Carroll meaningful minutes?

Wealthy Aristocrat
Dec 12, 2016
The Rockets have a chance at taking the West this year! You heard it here first. That team has come a long ways.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BWV posted:

Mad I didn't watch the Raps come back and own the Celtics. I needed a break after the weekend games, plus I was watching The A show Smackdown Live.
I watched the highlights. How did such a great team with future all stars like Jae Crowder and the best coach in NBA history lose to Dwayne Casey and a team that plays Demare Carroll meaningful minutes?

Avery Bradley was out.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think that the pistons are an emotionally vulnerable team in need of a good pizza night

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Remember when that Reggie Jackson contract looked insane, then brilliant and now back to insane?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I'm Iggy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one of the things thats been dividing the pistons current locker room is a split in philosophical differences over the ray kurzweil book the age of spiritual machines. simply put, the general consensus the team came to was that replacing your brain with a synthetic brain would really just replace you with a robot that thought it was you, but reggie jackson has returned and been adamant that it is still you and even if it isnt its close enough that the distinction is meaningless

theres a lot of ship of theseus poo poo too. the team is divided and i place this blame squarely upon the shoulders of svg

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Jazz beat the Cavs, but no one cares about the East

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mormons yelling slurs at players gives the Jazz power at home.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hand Row posted:

Remember when that Reggie Jackson contract looked insane, then brilliant and now back to insane?

I don't remember the brilliant part

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Metapod posted:

I don't remember the brilliant part

OK maybe not brilliant but the PnR with Drummond looked great

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

I'm Iggy.

People throw posterized around too much but that is definitely a fantastic poster

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When your best point guard post-Billups has been Will Bynum, he looks like a god

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

I'm Iggy.

I'm the 4 middle aged front row white dudes in with fingers-on-chin variations of Rodin's Thinker pose deeply considering the implications of this auspicious event

also the kid smiling and shoving snacks in his face, and also the guy way on the right a few rows back missing the whole thing staring at his phone like an rear end in a top hat while important real-life events are happening right in front of him

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Do you guys remember when Donald Sterling set up the world's most perfect punchline:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

I'm Iggy.

That should have been a foul.

On Curry.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lockback posted:

dokmo posted:

With Clint Capela out for 6 weeks, here's a chance for you to do some forecasting in an environment of uncertainty. With Capela in the starting lineup, the Rockets have had the #4 offense (adjusted for opponent—see http://www.basketball-reference.com...17), based on being probably the best pick and roll attack in the league. They are ranked #16 defense overall, with a decent pick and roll defense. Over the next six weeks, their opponents will average 107.0 ORTG, which is the 6th easiest, and their opponents will average 107.4 DRTG, which is the 4th hardest. They will play 11 games at home and 13 games on the road. Without their primary pick and roll big, what do you think will happen to the Rockets offense while playing against the 4th toughest schedule of defenses over that span? And without their only rim protector, what do you think will happen to their defense while playing against the 6th worst combined offenses over that span?

I predict that the Rockets offense will be ranked between #6-#8 on January 31. I predict that their defense will fall apart, and drop to between #20-#24.

I agree. I'll put their record in this span to something to the tune of .500 during this run. I think Capela has been helping them paper over some big holes, and a regression was probably due anyhow.

I just want to say my prediction here was super bad and dumb and I don't understand the 2017 Houston Rockets at all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Time posted:

Dang

Also, Houston has got to start getting jimbo more rest. Don't grind him up before the playoffs

They tried to last night and blew a 20 point lead, it's rough out there when Gordon isn't playing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For reference, the Rockets are now 3rd in offense and 17th in defense. Better than the Celtics and Raptors.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Delightful Beasley throwback game. And by throwback I mean his NCAA days. If Kidd can actually turn him into a productive piece of the young Bucks, that would be quite the feat.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Intruder posted:

They tried to last night and blew a 20 point lead, it's rough out there when Gordon isn't playing

Yeah. Honestly though i think 3 seed with a rested harden who is given games off Pop style is probably better than going full out to try and match the spurs for the two seed

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lockback posted:

I just want to say my prediction here was super bad and dumb and I don't understand the 2017 Houston Rockets at all.

The Rockets last year barely had an effective starting unit, their bench was total trash, they lost a star player in Dwight Howard in the offseason, and yet somehow they now have an extremely effective 10 man regular season rotation this year. I don't understand it either.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sheriff posted:

The Rockets last year barely had an effective starting unit, their bench was total trash, they lost a star player in Dwight Howard in the offseason, and yet somehow they now have an extremely effective 10 man regular season rotation this year. I don't understand it either.

3 reasons

1. Pringles

2. Howard is poison

3. Ewing Theory

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Jack's Flow posted:

Delightful Beasley throwback game. And by throwback I mean his NCAA days. If Kidd can actually turn him into a productive piece of the young Bucks, that would be quite the feat.

He is actually a solid second unit player to have and by most accounts is a model teammate now. Nice having a shot creator take some pressure off the second unit. He is a FA and probably walks after this year though.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Sheriff posted:

They added two really good players that compliment harden extremely well (Eric Gordon has been unreal and Ryan Anderson has been exactly what they wanted), the young guys are getting a lot burn and improving, and Dantoni has been successful.

I didn't think Harrell, Capela, Dekker would all become useful pieces this year and I definitely didn't think Pringles would make it work this well. I have never been happier to be wrong. Looking forward to getting bounced by SA in round 2

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dexo posted:

I'm Iggy.

gently caress Dwayne Casey

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
D'Antoni's coaching style fits the Rockets skillset and the type of team that Morey wants perfectly. Harden didn't spend the summer chasing after a Kardashian. Gordon and Anderson are both absolutely perfect fits. Ariza remembered how to shoot a three. They're not wasting possessions trying to get Dwight his touches in the post and Capela/Harrell are perfectly willing to just catch lobs all day. Beverley has inexplicably become an efficient scorer. Harden running the point has resulted in ungodly assist totals

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Henchman of Santa posted:

When your best point guard post-Billups has been Will Bynum, he looks like a god

will bynum was built like a refrigerator, he was a fine young man

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Henchman of Santa posted:

How dare you throw shade at Rodney Stuckey, the heir apparent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I can't figure out if Jason Kidd is good or not and I'm done thinking about it

• Locked thread