Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Does he actually have some sort of engine/jetpack on his back.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The splash art looks like Mad Max starring the henchmen from the lion king, it owns

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't wait to try to Q R an adc and accidentally shoot myself all the way to their tower and dying.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

ArbitraryC posted:

Does he actually have some sort of engine/jetpack on his back.

Yes. A meaty Mad Max style V8 in fact. Here's hoping I can jump into battle with a giggle and the roar of a gunning engine.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I can't wait to try to Q R an adc and accidentally shoot myself all the way to their tower and dying.

The missed skillshots are going to be amazing on that ult range.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I can't wait to just R for a quick teleport and accidentally kill a poor adc.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

The splash art looks like Mad Max starring the henchmen from the lion king, it owns

Yeah, it looks extremely good. I have it and granny and definitely running it.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Also people seem to be unhappy with the Feral Warwick skin as is. Looks like people want the naked, unadorned werewolf look the skin used to have, and I have to say I agree.

Edit: "Yordles... the alpha predator..."

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 11, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That Camille nerf looks like poo poo. Is it just me?

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

mirrorquiz posted:

how did they not nerf poppy's q damage. also nice random drive by karma nerf, but i guess they don't need to worry about support being fun now that adc is the trash role for self hating idiots.

Ohhh no wonder I play ADC

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

That Camille nerf looks like poo poo. Is it just me?

a HP/level nerf is what knocked Jax out of competitive play from what I recall, it's a touchy stat. I'm guessing that she'll land in the awkward 'low solo queue winrate but still considered OP by top players' zone after this though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

they could nerf cotc and it would still be twice as good as any other talent in the game

There is some huge nerfs right now on PBE to it but will have to see on live how smaller the shield is. I just don't think it is a good mastery. The interaction of getting more shield if your surrounded by more enemies is stupid. It makes 1v3 1v4ing the backline as champs like Poppy/Maokai viable. Like you should be able to zone off backlines but Poppy just freakin holds 3-4 people on her own especially if she lands her on any key target.

Sprayed
Apr 2, 2008

UGGHH
Is there anyone who is down to do ranked 5s at a Gold skill level?

Do we have a LFG besides SilverSquid?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just got lectured by one of my bronze friends on how roaming bot is the worst possible play you can make as a mid laner, which is an objective fact and supported by the champs that are played by high elo mid mains

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
got it on good authority that the next 2 champs released are one of the biker mice from mars and several street sharks (you must control them all at once)

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

rabidsquid posted:

i just got lectured by one of my bronze friends on how roaming bot is the worst possible play you can make as a mid laner, which is an objective fact and supported by the champs that are played by high elo mid mains

iirc, the data says first team to 5 man bot wins 348% of the time. bronze is a hell of your own making.

bet he's gettin them chickens tho

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lovechop posted:

got it on good authority that the next 2 champs released are one of the biker mice from mars and several street sharks (you must control them all at once)

Somehow, against all odds, I was really good at Meepo back in my DotA 1 days, so I'm all for this.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

lets get it going to micro up a motherfucking storm

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I just got a survey from riot gauging my interest in reworks for xin zhao, yasuo, and veiger.

I poo poo all over yasuo.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I just got a survey from riot gauging my interest in reworks for xin zhao, yasuo, and veiger.

They're going to interpret everyone bitching about Yasuo as proof that Xin needs a rework because no one cares about him, and then instead of simple point-and-click abilities he is going to have his ult become a Viktor laser where you have to draw a semi-circle with your cursor to disengage and his 3-hit mechanic will become a 3-taps Riven mechanic, and this is all your fault.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Mine was for Rumble, Syndra, Rek'Sai, and Malphite.

I think they just periodically send out surveys on the whole champ pool but spread them out across the playerbase to make it manageable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

It is the worst play you can make because you stay in your goddamn lane rear end in a top hat stop killing my overextended ADC who won't watch the map.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

It is the worst play you can make because you stay in your goddamn lane rear end in a top hat stop killing my overextended ADC who won't watch the map.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't think Yasuo is even that strong after they nerfed his tank build and fixed the ult bug. No idea why his ban rate is so high when so many of the top laners that can poo poo on him so hard are strong atm.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Firebert posted:

I don't think Yasuo is even that strong after they nerfed his tank build and fixed the ult bug. No idea why his ban rate is so high when so many of the top laners that can poo poo on him so hard are strong atm.

I ban Yasuo because without fail if someone on my team is collapsing in upon themselves and being a shithead it's a Yasuo.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Practice tool!!! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/practice-purpose

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Because the enemy yasuo will be a fed monster that kills full armor tanks in under 10 seconds without losing life from his lifesteal that is impossible to hit as he dashes constantly and never misses Q, where as your teammate yasuo will dash into tower range and never hit R when someone else uses a knockup and more then likely die twice before the jungler finishes his second buff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Never not relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXRpB03azw

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

the fact that he's out-trading bruisers in lane at all is an issue since those should be bad matchups. his base damage is too high for a champ with ad carry scaling. the current pbe nerf is good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looking forward to "If Teemo builds a Sightstone in his third slot while on Red side, he gains access to all practice tools while in a regular game."

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wrt CotC changes: its worse in solo situations but almost always better in teamfights. It loses 1 second of duration which basically means you'll just have to wait 3 seconds for the shield to go away before doing any damage to him because lol if you think you're getting through an 800 hp shield in 3 seconds

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

where as your teammate yasuo will... never hit R when someone else uses a knockup
You lost me here man. My team never picks Yasuo when the team comp has set up for him. They first pick instalock him and then bitch when the rest of your team doesn't build a Malphite/Gragas/Kallista/Alistar comp built entirely to make him look good.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
There's so much OP poo poo right now (Hecarim, Camille, Vi, Shyvana, Rengar, etc) that I don't really think you can justify a Yasuo ban.

He's still an annoying champion but nowhere near those top picks.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

the fact that he's out-trading bruisers in lane at all is an issue since those should be bad matchups. his base damage is too high for a champ with ad carry scaling. the current pbe nerf is good.

He doesn't outtrade bruisers though, he gets mangled in those matchups. He can really only pick on tanks and some mages.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm looking forward to my jungler locking in azir - 'done it in practice mode heaps, ez freelo ftw'

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Sexpansion posted:

There's so much OP poo poo right now (Hecarim, Camille, Vi, Shyvana, Rengar, etc) that I don't really think you can justify a Yasuo ban.

He's still an annoying champion but nowhere near those top picks.

In my experience, though, you can leave some of those unbanned and the chances that they'll get picked are much lower than the chances that an open Yasuo won't get picked.

As with any P/B consideration, I'm sure it depends on play level. I play around mid-silver, so.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

JerryLee posted:

In my experience, though, you can leave some of those unbanned and the chances that they'll get picked are much lower than the chances that an open Yasuo won't get picked.

As with any P/B consideration, I'm sure it depends on play level. I play around mid-silver, so.

The other thing is that there's so much stuff that's op right now just in top/jg that you can't ban it all out unless both teams use all of their bans on it. Like your team can ban Camille/shyv/Vi, which is great and all, but if the enemy team bans Hec/Rengar/Ziggs they first pick Poppy and you don't have an equally stupid shithead to pick top now cause you banned them out.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Firebert posted:

He doesn't outtrade bruisers though, he gets mangled in those matchups. He can really only pick on tanks and some mages.

idk i'm not very good but I've played a lot of Irelia and the Irelia vs Yasuo matchup used to be a complete joke and now it feels like it's actually possible to lose.

i would still never ban Yasuo since 4 out of 5 people who play him don't actually know how to control the champion once they get out of laning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

i would still never ban Yasuo since 4 out of 5 people who play him don't actually know how to control the champion once they get out of laning.

Yasuo is a champion like RIven in that he's got layers of mechanics that many other champions just don't have.

I miss the simpler days of League of Legends when you just pointed your cursor and tapped your ability to make it happen instead of all these abilities that do multiple things.

I have consistently not liked these more complicated champions, whether playing them, on my team, or on the enemy team.

• Locked thread