Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm not going to lie I'm deriving a sick pleasure from watching the same people who have posted "Obama=Muslim Kenyan" memes for the last 8 years have freakouts over pissgate.

It's a lieberal conspiracy, bro! Trump is already Making America Great Again(tm) by bringing jobs back and he's not even in office!

not to mention damaging the stocks of major defense contractors and private sector companies as well as causing international uncertainty about nuclear arms via tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I'm starting to think the press conference was to run interference for the Rex Tillerson confirmation hearings.

Choice comments include 'Saudi Arabia isn't a a human rights violator' and 'Tax returns are private, I'm not handing them over.' .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.d42f86b60a82

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BigDave posted:

I'm starting to think the press conference was to run interference for the Rex Tillerson confirmation hearings.

Choice comments include 'Saudi Arabia isn't a a human rights violator' and 'Tax returns are private, I'm not handing them over.' .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.d42f86b60a82

dont forget his "sanctions don't work" thing when asked about Russia

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

BigDave posted:

Choice comments include 'Saudi Arabia isn't a a human rights violator'

This has been a staple of US foreign policy for decades

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Also that Putin isn't a war criminal, said to Marco Rubio, who easily could torpedo his nomination.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm not going to lie I'm deriving a sick pleasure from watching the same people who have posted "Obama=Muslim Kenyan" memes for the last 8 years have freakouts over pissgate.

Figures that you would get a sick thrill out of piss related things. What happened to the morality of America?

if you put aside the obvious threat to the american government, this poo poo is the funniest thing since the debates

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We've got a little over a week for hin to have a fatal heart attack. Please please please.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Why does Rex Tillerson so resemble the lovechild of Henry Kissinger and Hillary Clinton

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Rubio is basically going open season on Tillerson. I don't think he'll get confirmed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh man.

https://twitter.com/deirdrewalshcnn/status/819277477747036160

Right now, the only thing more leaky than a pissed-off intelligence officer is a member of Congress. The whole report will probably be out on Friday night.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They want President Pence so bad.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

Also that Putin isn't a war criminal, said to Marco Rubio, who easily could torpedo his nomination.

I think Tillerson is the one nominee that is most likely to be rejected. Rubio isn't up for reelection 2018, neither is McCain or Graham. All three have expressed reservations about confirming him, and have little to worry about with Trump threatening to primary them as retaliation.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 11, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is it fair to say that this story is a legitimate piece of news that's gaining traction unlike, you know, everything else about Trump?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

I don't know though that they get President Pence if Trump never gets inaugurated. That's actually unprecedented territory.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Oh man.

https://twitter.com/deirdrewalshcnn/status/819277477747036160

Right now, the only thing more leaky than a pissed-off intelligence officer is a member of Congress. The whole report will probably be out on Friday night.

How does this work? Do they quickly redact all of the source information and then read everyone on even though they're not cleared?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hmmmmm
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/313776-remedy-for-russian-meddling-should-be-new-election

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

We've got a little over a week for hin to have a fatal heart attack. Please please please.

I was hearing the same curious sniffling I heard at the debates when basically everyone was clowning on him for getting whooped. Curious if he's doing the same nose candy he did those times.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't know though that they get President Pence if Trump never gets inaugurated. That's actually unprecedented territory.

I have no idea if it's even possible for Trump to somehow not get inaugurated but I really like the idea of Harrison's 31 day record for shortest term being smashed with the new record of "-9 days"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The only thing worse than a Trump presidency would be another 2016 election.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

I was hearing the same curious sniffling I heard at the debates when basically everyone was clowning on him for getting whooped. Curious if he's doing the same nose candy he did those times.

Remember when his sniffles was the big story

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TBeats posted:

Remember when his sniffles was the big story

No that was Hillary.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nazi war criminal Alois Brunner 'died in Syria squalor'

quote:

One of the world's most wanted Nazi war criminals died in 2001 aged 89 after spending more than a decade incarcerated in a dilapidated Damascus basement, a French magazine has said.
The Revue XXI magazine reported that Austrian-born SS commander Alois Brunner spent his last years living in squalid conditions.

It said he remained a fervent anti-Semite right up to his death.
Brunner is accused of deporting more than 128,000 Jews to death camps.

He was in charge of the Drancy internment camp outside Paris where Jews rounded up in France were held before being sent to the death camps. An estimated 345 children were among his victims.
For many years there has been uncertainty as to whether Brunner - born in 1912 - is still alive, although the chief investigator pursuing him told the BBC in 2014 that he believed Brunner died in 2010 in Damascus.

Brunner is believed to have fled to Syria in the 1950s from West Germany, reportedly serving later as an adviser to the Syrian government on torture tactics before being shunned by the authorities.

The latest investigation by the Revue XXI magazine (in French) quotes one of Brunner's guards as saying that he "suffered and cried a lot in his final years, [and] everyone heard him".

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
yeah, I am also now convinced that Rex is bond villain evil. Name-dropping the boy scouts all the time is real creepy poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

No that was Hillary.

Trump had the sniffles during debates. People were saying he was on coke.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Carrie Fisher, rest her soul, opined that he was probably a coke head.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Rich kid who peaked in the 80s? Yeah, he's definitely hit the slopes.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

The only thing worse than a Trump presidency would be another 2016 election.

Despite this I got oddly excited about the prospect of getting to exercise my franchise again so soon.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Holy poo poo, is this the biggest bait-and-switch in history? :stare:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/catherinegee/status/819115239694368768

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Why would they release all the evidence of Russian collusion before the election ended? The smart thing to do would be to sit on it and then disseminate it to congress (friday!), which would allow republicans to have Pence/Ryan for 4 years once they impeach Trump. Pretty smart. Although I wonder what happens if they don't get the necessary votes to remove him from office, or what his insane supporters will do after the fact.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that Trump suffers from mild dementia and simply doesn't know what the gently caress is going on

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Haven't seen this linked here yet:

https://medium.com/@therickwilson/fool-chan-e97fba24384f#.bwhdue10t

quote:

The information out there wasn’t from anonymous deep-cover chan-children. Unless, of course, many current and former senior IC and diplomatic officials here and abroad are secret weebs.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Casimir Radon posted:

Carrie Fisher, rest her soul, opined that he was probably a coke head.
Takes one to know one, and thus she's a credible source.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Rick Wilson is killin it

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/819305274200690689

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pesticide20 posted:

Haven't seen this linked here yet:

It's going to suck when politics reset to normal in the future, because I really, really like Rick Wilson and he's hilarious as hell, but he is also a through-and-through republican ad guy. The only reason he doesn't attack democrats right now is that he knows his priorities and trump drives him insane.

He also knows internet culture and was constantly mocking channers and pepefuckers during the campaign.

Update: :stare:

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/819252439832547330

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ay-experts.html

Fox News to keep jerking off over the term "social experiements" with regard to the military for foreseeable future, thinks Mattis will cure all ills

I assume Mattis will probably reverse course on women in certain roles, but I'm interested to see what he'll do on the subject of transgender troops (my money's on let them serve, not give a gently caress, and tell the fundamentalists off) but whoooo knoooooooows. I'm also interested to see how he wins the largest and most important conflict our American troops have ever faced: the War on Christmas.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I know that Shepard Smith doesn't fit the Fox News mold but he did say this today:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/819292169718661121

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I am of the opinion that president Pence is actually a bigger problem for the issues many in this forum care about (LGBTwhateveracronym rights, environment, economy, VA, foreign affairs.)

BECAUSE he's not an obnoxious man child, he can quietly work with a Republican controlled congress to get his pet projects passed, and a desensitized apathetic public won't notice.

Donald Can't resist pissing people off, so he gets the opposition moving.

Pence is the quiet evil. Not necessarily the lesser.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Pence is a known evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Here's the thing though, I think this country could easily survive four years of Pence despite how terrible he is. I have my doubts with Trump.

• Locked thread