Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I think yasuos design is super lame and an embarrassment to character design.

I did say I love Veiger's gleeful evilness and I'd be upset if they changed him from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Can't imagine any of those mentioned champs from the surveys are actually in line for reworks except maybe Malphite.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me league of legends was only okay during its days where it controlled like scorched earth. having to move your guys is unfair and unfun for a lot of us, and it causes a skill gap and its the fault of mobility creep

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
There are people itt that would play as inhib turret, the champion, if it were playable

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Firebert posted:

There are people itt that would play as inhib turret, the champion, if it were playable

lots of people do like heimer

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lots of people do like heimer

And azir below diamond

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

so how severe do we think the impact of the jungle exp changes will be? has anyone played on the new patch yet?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

so how severe do we think the impact of the jungle exp changes will be? has anyone played on the new patch yet?

It'll mean the Rengar one shotting the ADC is two levels above them instead of three

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hyped for the practice tool. Will make learning champions a bit easier I don't like playing normals or trying out champs in ranked blindly so that only leaves bots as of now.

Also anyone else always having issues with the patcher. It always bugs out the first time for me and I have to restart client or repair it to make it work.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Tales of Woe posted:

Don't play jungle myself but in the one game I played today our Lee sin was running kicking the adcs head off on cooldown, happy as a pig in poo poo he was.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Addamere posted:

Yasuo is a champion like RIven in that he's got layers of mechanics that many other champions just don't have.

I miss the simpler days of League of Legends when you just pointed your cursor and tapped your ability to make it happen instead of all these abilities that do multiple things.

I have consistently not liked these more complicated champions, whether playing them, on my team, or on the enemy team.

Honestly, with how far their design has tilted towards skillshots and multi-part abilities, they could make a simple character whose abilities are all point and click and it would feel new and exciting. Let me click on a man and know that that man will be stunned.

Basically what I'm saying is give me Rubick and Vengeful Spirit.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

I ban Yasuo because without fail if someone on my team is collapsing in upon themselves and being a shithead it's a Yasuo.

Yeah I ban Yasuo not so the other team can't have him but so my team can't have him.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah I ban Yasuo not so the other team can't have him but so my team can't have him.

See also Riven, Vayne.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is kindred still good or did they nerf her into oblivion

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFqRFLnaOJY

oh god my pants

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

Is kindred still good or did they nerf her into oblivion

not as bad as like kalista or azir but still intentionally held down while they try to figure out who thought it was a good idea to put an invuln on an ad carry

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Tales of Woe posted:

not as bad as like kalista or azir but still intentionally held down while they try to figure out who thought it was a good idea to put an invuln on an ad carry

I really like most things about Kindred. Her skill set. Her marks mini game. That you can get them from jungle camps and objects or from killing enemy champions. I like the idea of the companion wolf thing. Voice acting seems ok.

Unfortunately, she is purposely tuned down right now and she seems like she doesnt quite fit with the current meta.

I don't really like that she is some sort of weird anime lamb thing, but its hardly a big deal. Almost wish i could swap out the skin with Ashe or Vayne or somethin. Don't know if that is possible ans I doubt that would be a very smooth swap.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I just finished playing two games as Miss Fortune support. If you get an open minded team, it's really fun. Build AP and get a liandrys, frozen mallet, and rylais for on hit effects. Spam E and ult. Bronzes can't handle that poo poo, and we push lane like crazy.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Isn't MF slightly meta it was played at semi finals of worlds.. I haven't seen people complain about it since then but they normally build frostfang into Cleaver.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
it was a specific counterpick to zyra (and probably malz now) but it's still kind of a weird pick and the worlds picks were singlehandedly responsible for tanking her winrate in solo queue for about a week, so people are understandably iffy on it

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Yeah, I was thinking about the Cleaver, but it seemed a better idea to go with the stuff I built in those two games, as there were no heavy tanks on the enemy teams. All assasins and mages. I'll build it when I see a malphite or something. Unless I'm missing something?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gripen5 posted:

I really like most things about Kindred. Her skill set. Her marks mini game. That you can get them from jungle camps and objects or from killing enemy champions. I like the idea of the companion wolf thing. Voice acting seems ok.

Unfortunately, she is purposely tuned down right now and she seems like she doesnt quite fit with the current meta.

I don't really like that she is some sort of weird anime lamb thing, but its hardly a big deal. Almost wish i could swap out the skin with Ashe or Vayne or somethin. Don't know if that is possible ans I doubt that would be a very smooth swap.

Kindred was a good idea but the execution was...odd. They're probably the best personification of death I've ever seen in a video game. The aesthetics and voice acting are stellar. I really liked the lore that got put together.

The problem is that somebody thought "hey remember jungle Twitch? We should have an ADC that is supposed to jungle!" They're difficult to play and aren't garbage bin nerfed but that was...not a good idea and now Rito needs to figure out what the gently caress do with them. Like they deliberately did their best to balance ADCs out of every role but ADC but then specifically created a jungle ADC. Like...what?

The other snag is Kindred is expected to be a heavy damage dealer but do so on a jungle budget. Plus you lose out on a lot of the things that junglers are expected to do when you pick Kindred.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

The Dregs posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about the Cleaver, but it seemed a better idea to go with the stuff I built in those two games, as there were no heavy tanks on the enemy teams. All assasins and mages. I'll build it when I see a malphite or something. Unless I'm missing something?

You can't reliably apply many ticks of E outside of laning, your E already slows, and the damage of bullet time when you stack AD is so high, even with one or two items down from eye of the watchers or FQC + Sightstone, that it's just better to get a cleaver and stack AD so you can blow poo poo up. With cleaver you effectively hand your ADC an extra item because YOU supply ArPen. There's zero reason to go AP on support MF.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
so I'm 30 hours into a 60 hour bus ride and may have lost some of my mind, but being bored and playing trash mobile games made me wonder why there isn't a gbf/love live/final fantasy and the kingdom of the crystal skull mobile aids tie in game. they even have a perfect set up for the gacha, theres already a bunch of "versions" of each champ with the skins.

what im saying is i want to get a bonus for having all star guardian champs on my team in lol:fantasy tactics xtreme and i want it...well about 30 hours ago.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Transient People posted:

You can't reliably apply many ticks of E outside of laning, your E already slows, and the damage of bullet time when you stack AD is so high, even with one or two items down from eye of the watchers or FQC + Sightstone, that it's just better to get a cleaver and stack AD so you can blow poo poo up. With cleaver you effectively hand your ADC an extra item because YOU supply ArPen. There's zero reason to go AP on support MF.

OK, I'll try it that way.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Kindred was a good idea but the execution was...odd. They're probably the best personification of death I've ever seen in a video game. The aesthetics and voice acting are stellar. I really liked the lore that got put together.

The problem is that somebody thought "hey remember jungle Twitch? We should have an ADC that is supposed to jungle!" They're difficult to play and aren't garbage bin nerfed but that was...not a good idea and now Rito needs to figure out what the gently caress do with them. Like they deliberately did their best to balance ADCs out of every role but ADC but then specifically created a jungle ADC. Like...what?

The other snag is Kindred is expected to be a heavy damage dealer but do so on a jungle budget. Plus you lose out on a lot of the things that junglers are expected to do when you pick Kindred.

i think the jungle ADC thing actually works well, she doesn't feel more out of place in the jungle than nidalee or graves. I just hate playing with or against that ult, it blatantly belongs on a support, not an ADC. if they replaced Kindred's ult with anything else i'd like the champ a lot more.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mirrorquiz posted:

so I'm 30 hours into a 60 hour bus ride and may have lost some of my mind, but being bored and playing trash mobile games made me wonder why there isn't a gbf/love live/final fantasy and the kingdom of the crystal skull mobile aids tie in game. they even have a perfect set up for the gacha, theres already a bunch of "versions" of each champ with the skins.

what im saying is i want to get a bonus for having all star guardian champs on my team in lol:fantasy tactics xtreme and i want it...well about 30 hours ago.

This is Riot we are talking about. This game released 9 years ago and it is finally having a client update now when the old client was probably one of the worst in any online game. Even older F2P games had better clients. They are probably run like poo poo because it takes them forever to add new features. The only thing they add on a consistent basis is skins, champions and balance updates. Sandbox mode is also finally being added on and they have the lovely replays which replaygg already offered.

Also they haven't made a single other game for 9 years not even a small mobile game or browser game that is somehow connected to the main game. Well they bought a development studio last year which were making Rising Thunder a f2p fighting game but then when Riot bought them they canceled that game. That studio had lots of developers/people from the fighting game community so I wonder if Riot wants to make a fighting game which they have shown interest in the past. Riot eventually does the right thing but it takes them years examples being the server move,client update, graphics overhaul, dynamicq etc etc...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
http://www.kongregate.com/games/yuuhellscythe/blitzcranks-poro-roundup

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Ulio posted:

This is Riot we are talking about. This game released 9 years ago and it is finally having a client update now when the old client was probably one of the worst in any online game. Even older F2P games had better clients. They are probably run like poo poo because it takes them forever to add new features. The only thing they add on a consistent basis is skins, champions and balance updates. Sandbox mode is also finally being added on and they have the lovely replays which replaygg already offered.

Also they haven't made a single other game for 9 years not even a small mobile game or browser game that is somehow connected to the main game. Well they bought a development studio last year which were making Rising Thunder a f2p fighting game but then when Riot bought them they canceled that game. That studio had lots of developers/people from the fighting game community so I wonder if Riot wants to make a fighting game which they have shown interest in the past. Riot eventually does the right thing but it takes them years examples being the server move,client update, graphics overhaul, dynamicq etc etc...

Personally I'd love to see a Dynasty Warriors style game, but I'm wondering if they want to codify competitive fighting games like they'd done with their MOBA.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
In all fairness to Rito, the coding side of things was slowed down by bizarre and arcane spaggetti code mixed with Air, and the graphical overhaul was set back when people didnt care for the first try.

Also people were making fun of WW having four gapclosers, but IMO if Singed is going to have a frankenstein pet it better be 2fast4u

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

Personally I'd love to see a Dynasty Warriors style game, but I'm wondering if they want to codify competitive fighting games like they'd done with their MOBA.

I don't think they'd be able to do it to nearly the same extent, because SF2's been out for years and years already and what is and isn't in a fighting game has been more-or-less set in stone by this point. Before League, there was DotA, a small handful of spinoffs (Tides of Blood is the only one that really comes to mind as being anywhere near the same level as Allstars by TFT's time), and some weird experimental poo poo like Demigod, so they had a lot of room to maneuver.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
wow a fighting game would be kinda rad. lol is basically an anime anyways, and airdashy fighters are super fun but thats something where the game play actually matters. at least with a mobile game you know its gonna be trash going in.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

New draven pretty good.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Manatee Warwick now has a gatling gun sticking out of his back, what the hell.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Manatee Warwick now has a gatling gun sticking out of his back, what the hell.

its probably a reference to urfrider corki

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm unironically loving the new season. Then again I'm a filthy riven/lee sin main

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 12, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

New draven pretty good.

I played a few games with Draven last night and he did seem pretty good.

Also, just as an fyi, and I'm sure a lot of people know this, but Rengar is totally and completely busted right now. If you play in high elo it's super obvious, but people are generally playing him wrong in bronze/silver (that is, they are playing him like old Rengar). I actually think that, even though he is obviously too good right now, his rework is really fun and is way more interesting to play than the old instagib Rengar. You also want to build him completely different now:

Basically this is the way I always wanted Rengar to function, as a bruiser, not as an assassin.

Parallel Playa posted:

I'm unironically loving the new season. Then again I'm a filthy riven/lee sin main

Yeah I'm at the point where I like it too, I was kind of down on it for awhile but I think it's really fun right now. The jungle changes in this patch were much needed.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

everyone i know irl that plays this game quit around the turn of the new year but i dunno why. ive been having a decent enough time but when you play all roles you can just play whatever the interesting thing is on that patch. one person was a caitlyn only player and another was a vayne only player so i can understand why they quit at least, lol.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

idk why a caitlyn only player would quit: http://plays.tv/video/5876b67dde03364d54/how-it-feels-to-play-adc-in-2017?from=user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

what league of legends champions are the most likely to be trap rappers and why. also if you post lucian without any further explanation i am going to tell my mom on you

as for myself i am probably thinking like graves or shaco

• Locked thread