Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Magwai posted:

Even though it got nerfed and isn't as good as it used to be. The Locust 1v with 1 LPL is still fun times.

LPL isn't an option. Do I have to buy it from somewhere other than the lab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Bobcats posted:

It's definitely available from the mechlab. What do you mean by "it isn't an option"? Can you post a screenshot?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

NihilCredo posted:

It's definitely available from the mechlab. What do you mean by "it isn't an option"? Can you post a screenshot?

maybe it's a tonnage/slots issue?

Bobcats try to replicate this build exactly, including ferro/endo/DHS and the armor distribution

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=106&l=a4209f58188f8ad942d7e35866c376d4c014b9df

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

can someone invite me to WoL or GIRL

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Pattonesque posted:

maybe it's a tonnage/slots issue?

Bobcats try to replicate this build exactly, including ferro/endo/DHS and the armor distribution

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=106&l=a4209f58188f8ad942d7e35866c376d4c014b9df

Since you mentioned the armour distribution, a nitpick: 11 points is totally overkill for a Locust's head, you can put 4 or 5 in each arm instead since they do partially shield your sides.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

can someone invite me to WoL or GIRL

It's p dead, I'd just hang on mumble.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I've caught enough shots to my locust's cockpit to know that that armor is worth keeping there.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What's the best way to print cbills jesus i need so many of them

Play with goons. We had so many conquests yesterday I made 7mill cbills.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I put enough money in the other day that there should be an invite to WoL available, just hang around the mumble and someone should be along with invite abilities.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Azuth0667 posted:

Play with goons. We had so many conquests yesterday I made 7mill cbills.

I cannot emphasise this enough. I made the better part of 10mil playing with these guys yesterday.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You get games a lot more slowly playing in the group queue with goons but a) you win more often because numbers and the very most basic teamwork are hella OP and b) playing with goons is way more fun so you don't notice the time passing as much anyway.

It adds up to about the same or a little more CB I think but definitely worth it on grounds of point b).

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Are there many active aus goons?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Phrosphor posted:

Maybe? However I have not ran into any yet.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Bobcats posted:

Mechlab. Youll see on the right all the tabs for weapons or equipment. There are explodable menus in the weapons tabs for each weapon types. The locust 1v can mount a single large pulse laser in the center torso.

also with the locust you'll want to buy the biggest XL engine it can fit (i believe its the xl 190). Note you'll have to run 3 heat sinks for the xl190 to work

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phrosphor posted:

me and sparx are on sometimes (NZ).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bobcats posted:

Brand new but played the TT.

Really enjoying the locust but need more skills for detection and targeting to be a help.

Can I fit MASC on a locust in this game? Also ER smalls don't seem to exist :(

Also the six energy slot XL engine variant costs actual money, right?

Get in the mumble imo

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Which cbill Night Gyr should I get? D has the center torso energy slot but, I've heard prime is good.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Which cbill Night Gyr should I get? D has the center torso energy slot but, I've heard prime is good.

the D, the one with the dakka quirks, and whatever

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The one with the dakka quirks is the easiest to run out of the box.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

sebmojo posted:

me and sparx are on sometimes (NZ).

kiwi boys of mechin represent

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why are autocannons so strong in mwo jesus

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
s'all about dat frontloaded pinpoint damage

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
my first cbill purchase in this game was a jagermech with nothing but AC20s on it and i dont regret a god drat thing

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

aniviron posted:

You get games a lot more slowly playing in the group queue with goons but a) you win more often because numbers and the very most basic teamwork are hella OP and b) playing with goons is way more fun so you don't notice the time passing as much anyway.

It adds up to about the same or a little more CB I think but definitely worth it on grounds of point b).

I do much better and get much more cbills in the solo queue, it is also faster since you don't have to wait for people fixing their builds and/or changing mechs. It is much easier to do good in the solo queue since the opposition is usually not working together at all and consist of mostly drooling retards playing with the steam controller. The group queue at least has some kind of cooperation and usually puts up much more of a fight. All-in-all I'd rather play with (some) goons though since it's pretty boring to go PUGing by yourself since you can end up with some pretty big losing streaks depending on who you happen to drop with.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Frankly if you just play 3 matches a day solo after work or whatever you'll have tons of cbills before you know it. Even just doing that you will get about 3 mil per week.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Cyrano4747 posted:

Frankly if you just play 3 matches a day solo after work or whatever you'll have tons of cbills before you know it. Even just doing that you will get about 3 mil per week.

I have trouble doing this consistently

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Luceid posted:

my first cbill purchase in this game was a jagermech with nothing but AC20s on it and i dont regret a god drat thing

You sir, need an AC20 nipple warhammer.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The contract for WoL has run out, need to fix it asap. Can't PUG it up sporting no faction, doesn't look cool.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
That feel when you forget to remove the american servers from the queue when you're in a brawling mech.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Peacelock is really drat hard to hit in a PB. But I got him! buahaha!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Rysithusiku posted:

Peacelock is really drat hard to hit in a PB. But I got him! buahaha!

I guess I just need to GO FASTER.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Hey, can someone sign WOL up for an IS contract? The one day I want to do CW with a buddy . . .

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Artificer posted:

I guess I just need to GO FASTER.

I don't know if you were lagging or what, but you were actually jumping around alot on my screen. Made it REALLY drat hard to keep a streak lock on you.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hey, can someone sign WOL up for an IS contract? The one day I want to do CW with a buddy . . .

I can log in real quick and set it if it hasn't been done already.

E: done and with a 30% bonus!

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 11, 2017

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
Just in case anyone needs it:

mumble.goonrathi.com port:64738

pass: mellon

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs
Do you still get mech bays for doing cw stuff? If so, does scouting count towards it?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Rysithusiku posted:

I don't know if you were lagging or what, but you were actually jumping around alot on my screen. Made it REALLY drat hard to keep a streak lock on you.

Was it on Caustic Valley? Or most of the games around that time today. I dunno what happened but yeah I got hit with some high ping around then for no apparent reason. Was really bad when I found myself stuck on a wall or worse, in the face of an enemy mech.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Yeah it was when you were last alive on caustic in a pb. I was specifically hunting you :D

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Rysithusiku posted:

Yeah it was when you were last alive on caustic in a pb. I was specifically hunting you :D

Goon on goon action is very fun. Yeah being in a PB watching your whole team collapse happens far more often than I would like...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Phrosphor posted:

Um, but don't you need a million different very specific XL engines for all the different light and medium chassis?

In my opinion not really I get by with 250 ST (Crab/Centurion/Enforcer/Hunch) / 295 XL (Jenner/Griffin/Blackjack/Wolfhound/Raven/Shadowhawk) / 320XL (Cicada) / XL 190 (Locust/Spider)

Since it only takes a few minutes I only have about 7 XL engines that I swap around between mechs depending on what I want to play for an hour or so.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 12, 2017

• Locked thread