Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One day Goku will go all out.

SSJ Blue Kaio Ken X 20 Neo Tri Beam

All he will accomplish is exploding himself into a million pieces though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Tien had a few cool parts in DB and one cool part in Z. We barely know what he even does with his life after he stops being an assassin. He has a farm or something? What does Chiaotsu do? What did he EVER do? As far as I'm concerned they could have killed Tien off pernanently as he was loving up Cell and it only would have improved his arc.

Yamcha had a few cool parts in DB and one cool part in Super. His character arc is basically resolved. As it stands, we basically want to see him as often as we see Oolong.

Krillin has consistently had cool and good parts throughout DB and Z, though he hasn't done all that much in Super yet. Still waiting on that Krillin/Jaco buddy cop episode.

I don't think any of these guys need a power up to be relevant again. They need a new story that doesn't involve them trying to punch astronomically above their weight. Tien and Krillin will likely be tragically underutilized in the next arc because of that.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

Tien had a few cool parts in DB and one cool part in Z. We barely know what he even does with his life after he stops being an assassin. He has a farm or something? What does Chiaotsu do? What did he EVER do? As far as I'm concerned they could have killed Tien off pernanently as he was loving up Cell and it only would have improved his arc.

Yamcha had a few cool parts in DB and one cool part in Super. His character arc is basically resolved. As it stands, we basically want to see him as often as we see Oolong.

Krillin has consistently had cool and good parts throughout DB and Z, though he hasn't done all that much in Super yet. Still waiting on that Krillin/Jaco buddy cop episode.

I don't think any of these guys need a power up to be relevant again. They need a new story that doesn't involve them trying to punch astronomically above their weight. Tien and Krillin will likely be tragically underutilized in the next arc because of that.

I really thought the Super version of Freeza coming back (again) could have been a great time for these guys to shine. Krillin did get that one great bit, but that fight had so much more fanservice potential when it comes to the weaker members of the crew. Freeza's laser ring buddy mentions in film that his two direct henchmen are roughly the level of Zarbon and Dodorio in their prime, that could have been an awesome fight where Tien and Krillin finally get to clown on guys who are super tough, just not god-level tough.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tien fought and killed a Saibaman before Yamcha's fight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

Krillin and Tien, doing completely average training, got strong enough that they at least would have been in the top 10 strongest people in the universe. It works great for them, they just keep ending up against crazy rear end people.

Not in the universe, no way. There's at least 3 other galaxies worth of people that are probably as strong as buu saga goku.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Not in the universe, no way. There's at least 3 other galaxies worth of people that are probably as strong as buu saga goku.

Beerus did a piss poor job of finding fighters for the tournament vs. champa then since Piccolo was on the team.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 11, 2017

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
krillin and tien arent top 10

whis
beerus
goku
vegeta
buu
gohan
picollo
goten
trunks

are all characters we have been introduced to that are stronger just off the top of my head

edit
i also forgot supreme kai and kibito, and then we also know of recently deceased characters like frieza, dabura, the uh other majin guys

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

do you think if piccolo asked goku how god ki worked goku would just tell him to gently caress off

This is what happens whenever anyone asks Goku how to teleport or use Kaio-Ken.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Stalling for time is a lot more than Krillin accomplished.

I like Krillin but let's be real.

By this standard the most powerful human is Future Mai.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 11, 2017

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The real answer is that they are equally strong, because they represent the schools of martial arts training in the series after their master passes away.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The strongest fighter doesn't always win in a tournament setting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Satan has a stronger heart than any other character and I think that's important.

Caros
May 14, 2008

sassassin posted:

Tien fought and killed a Saibaman before Yamcha's fight.

I think you will find that while Tien slapped it around something fierce, it was Vegeta who blew up Vegeta junior.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I learned something new about Dragon Ball from MasakoX. He did a video about one of the earliest Dragon Ball fanfics, Zeroverse. Have you guys heard of it?

I have not and I'm reading it now. This is insanely weird. The art is bad and janky and the plot isn't super interesting but still here I am.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Mr. Satan has a stronger heart than any other character and I think that's important.

Cardiovascular health was arguably the most important thing in dbz. Goku's in particular spawned an entire divergent timeline.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I guess it'd just be cool if one of the humans could hold their own against a super being, rather than having to rely on the Saiyans to bail them out of everything.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

My headcanon for Tien is that he's constantly on the run from Launch, explaining why he was out in the middle of nowhere during Buu.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I'd like to see Tien win (or almost win) a fight by doing all of his insane poo poo. Seriously, an amped up / improved Multi-Form + Multi-Arm + Solar Flaring + Tri Beams Everywhere blitz should still make somebody moderately above Tien's paygrade stop and wonder what the hell is going on in that universe.

I don't see him shifting above Krillin in terms of sheer power level, but Tien in full fanservice mode winning a fight by technique variety would be neat.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When exactly did Krillin become stronger than Tien again? Because he never was in the series.

The only time I can think of is on Namek, and Tien showed in the Cell Saga that he was still way stronger than Krillin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

When exactly did Krillin become stronger than Tien again? Because he never was in the series.

Tien said that Krillin was stronger than he was in-series.

If you need an excuse, Krillin got his potential unlocked by Guru, Tien never did.

Burkion posted:

Tien showed in the Cell Saga that he was still way stronger than Krillin.

Tien's Tri-Beam attack uses his life energy in exchange for power. It being able to hold down Cell was because it was an attribute of the attack, not because Tien was that strong. Likewise Krillin could probably have wrecked Frieza's day with the Destruco Disc (he took off a tail) but not because he was on Frieza's power level.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Krillin became stronger than Tien the moment Toriyama decided to cut the chaff from the supporting cast and banished Tien to the "Get beat up by Super Buu" dimension.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

Krillin became stronger than Tien the moment Toriyama decided to cut the chaff from the supporting cast and banished Tien to the "Get beat up by Super Buu" dimension.

Probably beats getting turned into candy and instantly killed by Buu.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Burkion posted:

The only time I can think of is on Namek, and Tien showed in the Cell Saga that he was still way stronger than Krillin.

Remember that watching the anime throws everything off because filler scenes written before Toei knew what Toriyama would do would conflict with how he saw the characters.

Here's an example, in every Toei Dragon Ball movie, Krillen only exists to get owned by the villain and comic relief. Anyone big gets decent showings, Goku always wins at the end, and anyone small just exists to get beat up or is a joke.

So when Krillen and Gohan get their potential unlocked on Namek and jump ahead of the rest of the cast (but still have trouble with half of the Ginyu Force), Toei makes filler where the GInyu force goes to Kai's planet and Yamcha, Tien, and Chiatzu beat up all of them because Yamcha and Tien are bigger and better or something.

This throws off how people see the characters a lot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

piccolo gets owned in some movies even more than people like krillin or yamcha. world tree piccolo gets owned by the same guy 3 times

this is why dead zone (sans drunk gohan) is my favorite early dbz movie

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Yamcha manga is amazing and I can't wait for the next installment. I really want to see where it's going.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Darko posted:

So when Krillen and Gohan get their potential unlocked on Namek and jump ahead of the rest of the cast (but still have trouble with half of the Ginyu Force), Toei makes filler where the GInyu force goes to Kai's planet and Yamcha, Tien, and Chiatzu beat up all of them because Yamcha and Tien are bigger and better or something.

This makes even less sense when you realize that would make them way stronger than even Vegeta. I guess you could say they got waaaay weaker upon dying or something?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

This makes even less sense when you realize that would make them way stronger than Vegeta. I guess you could say they got waaaay weaker upon dying or something?

What Vegeta ends the Ginyu fight much stronger than the four that die.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Didn't Vegeta get beaten half to death by Zarbon and/or Dodoria and therefore get Saiyan Bullshit to jump ahead of post-Guru Krillin and Gohan? Plus more Saiyan Bullshit when Reccoome wrecks his poo poo?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Funky Valentine posted:

Didn't Vegeta get beaten half to death by Zarbon and/or Dodoria and therefore get Saiyan Bullshit to jump ahead of post-Guru Krillin and Gohan? Plus more Saiyan Bullshit when Reccoome wrecks his poo poo?

yes, thus the TFS joke about potential unlocked gohan still being weaker than the last three guys vegeta killed

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CharlestheHammer posted:

What Vegeta ends the Ginyu fight much stronger than the four that die.

Vegeta couldn't even scratch Recoome and only killed them because they were literally unconscious. Technically we never see how he fares against Burter and Jeice, but I really did not get the sense he could've beaten them.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Momomo posted:

Vegeta couldn't even scratch Recoome and only killed them because they were literally unconscious. Technically we never see how he fares against Burter and Jeice, but I really did not get the sense he could've beaten them.

Vegeta pretty easily kills Jeice

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

Vegeta wrecked Jeice.

Zen Kai is a powerful drug.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Momomo posted:

Vegeta got a zenkai from Goku's senzu bean, which is enough for him to handle Jeice easily. Goku seems to treat him as an equal when they look about to fight Ginyu and Jeice.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Momomo posted:

Vegeta got stronger than them off the zenkai boost when Goku tossed him a bean. Vegeta killed Jeice unassisted during Ginyu's body swap shenanigans.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

My point being bullshit power up is the most DB thing and being mad at the filler for playing by the rules is dumb.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don't know why I thought this but I thought Recoome was the strongest outside of Ginyu, but Jeice and Burter are probably harder to fight together. But DBZ power levels and all that nonsense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He obviously wanted the Ginyu force to each have a gimmick.

It's just DB so it devolved into power levels.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My name is Reccoome
I've got the strongest power
I'll take your lives (Touh!!)
With my Ultra Fighting Miracle Bomber
I'll sweep all the scum away

*beats the ever-loving Christ out of Krillin and Vegeta, then gets gut-punched by Goku*

I'm Burter
The Blue Hurricane. Wow,
My speed is unmatched!

*does gently caress-all besides stealing a Dragon Ball and partaking in the Seizure Procedure before getting iced by Goku*

Oi'm Jeice!
Call me "The Red Magma"
Oi'm the Special Squad's No.2 mate
Shall I pet you with me Crusha Bawll?
And by "pet" I don' mean a pat on the 'ead!

*Crusher Ball to no effect, Seizure Procedure, gets stalked and murdered by Vegeta*

Guldo, that's me
I'll stop time! Wow,
I'm a real psychic

*DECAPITATION*

I'm Ginyu
The one called captain
You'd better show me all of your power
I'll fight for the sake of Lord Freeza
I don't care who you are,
I'll defeat you (CHANGE!!)

*gets outwitted by total moron and then spends about ten years bumming in Bulma's back yard*

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

bobjr posted:

I don't know why I thought this but I thought Recoome was the strongest outside of Ginyu, but Jeice and Burter are probably harder to fight together. But DBZ power levels and all that nonsense.

recoome is supposed to be the strongest out of them sans ginyu

the scaling around that time is kinda weird tho. ginyu himself is like a fraction of first form freeza, who vegeta then holds his own against. i never got the sense that even unlocked gohan and krillin were as strong as vegeta in the sayain saga, i thought they were behind the entire time by a good amount

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

piccolo gets owned in some movies even more than people like krillin or yamcha. world tree piccolo gets owned by the same guy 3 times

this is why dead zone (sans drunk gohan) is my favorite early dbz movie

Piccolo owns the super lesser mooks and then gets owned by the big baddie or something. Krillen shows up and falls on his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

tbp posted:

recoome is supposed to be the strongest out of them sans ginyu

the scaling around that time is kinda weird tho. ginyu himself is like a fraction of first form freeza, who vegeta then holds his own against. i never got the sense that even unlocked gohan and krillin were as strong as vegeta in the sayain saga, i thought they were behind the entire time by a good amount

I'm going off memory, but at first, Vegeta is way ahead, gets a boost after Zarbon, Krillen and Gohan get a boost. Vegeta's boost puts him somewhere in the Burter/Jees area or something, Gohan and Krillen are less than that. Vegeta gets a senzu boost as does Gohan which keeps them where they were, Krillen falls behind a bit. Gohan's rage boost against Freeza is actually above Vegeta, Vegeta gets a zenkai via Krillen, is probably more powerful than most of Freezas forms now, then he dies.

Saiyan boost seems to be specifically "a little more powerful than the last guy they fought" which is what Goku Black is a callback to, and why Vegeta boosted specifically to Form 3 or whatever of Freeza.

• Locked thread