Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

hmm i'm not sure what you're trying to imply here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is that guy any good? I've watched literally zero HOH.

I wish they had a woman they could train for the desk besides Renee.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The one thing I remember not being absolute garbage when I watched HOH was the commentary which was way better than average indie wrestling.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005
God help us if we're stuck with terrible Percy Watson. He reminds me of an annoying sidekick in a video game, or the cop riding in the police van in Dark Knight

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The next Takeover theme is a Ghost song which is fitting because they are two things that were once mind-blowingly awesome and have struggled to continue the magic as time goes on.

Also, Aleister Black better debut.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 11, 2017

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Or what, you'll keep watching?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Or I'll be disappointed that they failed to debut the satanist wrestler on the show where the theme is provided by the satanist band.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When are the tapings for tonight's episode from? I can't keep track of the taping schedule but I'm hoping we see some new and exciting stuff.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Sanity stinks

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Shocking Development: DIY and Revival still put on really loving good matches.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
gently caress yeah to that title match and gently caress yeah to a women's four way match. Asuka owns. She just wants to murder.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if Asuka will retain or lose by Cross pinning one of the Aussies. It felt like they wanted to save Asuka vs Ember for the title at Mania, but maybe a triple threat with Cross?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/819363416812843008

This is supposed to be serious but I can't stop laughing at Drake Younger chasing after Asuka like he's trying to catch a child having a tantrum. The part that gets me is every time she turns back while running and shouts "NO!" at Drake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

The part that gets me is every time she turns back while running and shouts "NO!" at Drake

Oh my God that is fantastic :3:

Alternate angle footage of Asuka and Drake

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 12, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
From Dave:

quote:

Shane Thorne of TM 61 will be undergoing knee surgery I believe on 1/12, which will put him out of action for several months. The injury took place at the 1/5 tapings. The plan was for a significant TM 61 vs. Revival program, so the Revival are going to need a new team to work with

Sucks for Shane, they should just have Buddy Murphy fill in for him, make TM61 a giant Aussie faction like TMDK is in the Australian scene.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

From Dave:

Sucks for Shane, they should just have Buddy Murphy fill in for him, make TM61 a giant Aussie faction like TMDK is in the Australian scene.

Why do they need to find another team for The Revival to feud with? Just call them up.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

From Dave:

TM61's debut took so long because Shane's knee was badly injured at the end of their NOAH run btw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
How about they just bring the Revival up gently caress.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The only way I'll be satisfied with them not immediately calling up The Revival to Smackdown is if they take this opportunity to put Heavy Machinery on TV.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
How The Revival wasn't already planned to be called up before the injury is baffling to me. There's no reason for them to stay in NXT at this point. The only thing I can think of is that they don't think they can market Revival (tbf they probably can't because their main roster booking is garbage), so they want these two super talented workers to build up more "marketable" teams instead.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Revival need to put a team over before leaving, geez how long have you guys been watching wrestling

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vaguido posted:

How The Revival wasn't already planned to be called up before the injury is baffling to me. There's no reason for them to stay in NXT at this point. The only thing I can think of is that they don't think they can market Revival (tbf they probably can't because their main roster booking is garbage), so they want these two super talented workers to build up more "marketable" teams instead.

Smackdown booking is better than NXT booking.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The Revival need to put a team over before leaving, geez how long have you guys been watching wrestling

They got #DIY over at what should've been their last takeover???

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

reach42 posted:

They got #DIY over at what should've been their last takeover???
Mandatory rematch + unless a big push is involved (like a feud with AA if they go to SDL) they shouldn't be forced on a main show before WM.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Mandatory rematch + unless a big push is involved (like a feud with AA if they go to SDL) they shouldn't be forced on a main show before WM.

Unless AA is going to feud with the Usos again they don't really have anything high profile to do while holding the titles anymore.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Smackdown booking is better than NXT booking.

Revival got over back when the NXT booking was good, and stayed over by having amazing matches. Workrate alone won't get you as far on the main roster. They could go to Smackdown, and rekindle the AA feud, but I could see the company not viewing that as a money match, and also seeing it as difficult to make people care about the feud considering neither team has been very great on the mic.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They only reason I can think of to keep the revival in NXT is so they can continue to have good matches.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
This week's Observer seems to indicate that The Revival aren't part of the group of guys whose call-ups may be more imminent. Gotta keep Triple H's vanity project going.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vaguido posted:

Revival got over back when the NXT booking was good, and stayed over by having amazing matches. Workrate alone won't get you as far on the main roster. They could go to Smackdown, and rekindle the AA feud, but I could see the company not viewing that as a money match, and also seeing it as difficult to make people care about the feud considering neither team has been very great on the mic.

Fortunately the guy in charge of the good NXT Booking that got them over is now in charge of the Smackdown Booking

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

They only reason I can think of to keep the revival in NXT is so they can continue to have good matches.

ding ding ding

They're the best part of the show let them stay until they can be replaced

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

ding ding ding

They're the best part of the show let them stay until they can be replaced
Yeah we don't want another situation where Bayley and Nia and Dana all got called up and that left Asuka with little competition. The Revival are the lynchpin of the division until they get some more tag teams over.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Fortunately the guy in charge of the good NXT Booking that got them over is now in charge of the Smackdown Booking

Yeah and American Alpha who also got over in NXT get tepid responses on Smackdown most of the time.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

(they weren't pushed)

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

Basic Chunnel posted:

(they weren't pushed)

I wish they'd taken a bit longer for the AA vs Wyatt Family build, but Oh Well I guess.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

AA's start on Smackdown stumbled a bit, yes, but only because booking did the smart thing and squeezed all they could out of Slater-Rhyno. Sometimes the responses are tepid, but they've gotten big pops too, and now they are in a program with 2 well established guys and their matches have been good. It hasn't been the normal bad booking of 50/50 wins and bad promos.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey AA are the World Tag Team Champions (as a meaningless prop in a randy orton feud)

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

American Alpha weren't pushed, they've just won a majority of their matches, typically are the team to score the finish and pin in multi-team matches, pinned Randy Orton twice, and have squashed The Usos, who are a considered a top team, even if you don't like them very much.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They weren't pushed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They are just some warm bodies. Put Breezango in their place and nothing changes in the actual storylines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The narrative that had been built for them was as a talented team that hadn't clicked enough to win when it mattered (a push is less about winning in general than winning when it's significant to do so). The plan was clearly to feed the Hype Bros to the Wyatts to establish their legitimacy as defending tag champs and then put AA over them. Obviously Ryder's injury necessitated a change of plans

• Locked thread