Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Barry Convex posted:

Nah, not bothering to preorder. I'm going to wait until it's at least a month after launch and there are enough impressions out there to confirm that there are no issues with the OS speed, hardware performance, heat, screen scratches, etc. before I consider buying.

If it's really severely supply-constrained, well, my Steam backlog isn't going anywhere in the meantime.

Look at Mr. Sensible here, la dee da, I bet you also change your car's oil on time and pay your taxes, gently caress you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I will only get a Switch at launch if the new Zelda launches alongside it and not this "launch window" bullshit. Same day release or Nintendo doesn't get my money until BOTW is out in stores or available on eshop. :colbert:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

greatn posted:

Samus should be infected by salmonella after a Kremling bites her and then infused with Donkey Kongs DNA to survive.

I feel like they could go a lot more Cronenberg than this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Made by you? (I saw it on GAF but don't remember who made it)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

nope

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

HyperPuma posted:

i need to admit something nintenfriends

splatoon is the worst shooter ive ever played

You should not have admitted this.

Dehry posted:

But it looks like an NES game and has a PLAGUE DOCTOR.

gently caress off!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i didn't play splatoon because my old apartment had bad internet but maybe i'll get switch splatoon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Any chance Amazon/Best Buy /etc do online pre-orders starting at midnight? Obviously we don't know exactly what will happen but wondering how it went down for previous consoles. I have work in the morning so I can't get to a store since they all open at like 9 or 10.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

oddium posted:

i didn't play splatoon because my old apartment had bad internet but maybe i'll get switch splatoon

I only played splatoon single player

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
27 and a half hours. I am too pumped.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I have work in the morning so I can't get to a store since they all open at like 9 or 10.

LOL if you aren't skipping work to get your pre-order in.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tender Bender posted:

Any chance Amazon/Best Buy /etc do online pre-orders starting at midnight? Obviously we don't know exactly what will happen but wondering how it went down for previous consoles. I have work in the morning so I can't get to a store since they all open at like 9 or 10.

Nope, either stay up or wake early. These things are usually up at 9AM Pacific, earlier than that if you're on the East.

Or just do it on your phone, and good luck with that.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The last shot of Return of the Jedi but it's the ghosts of Yokoi, Yamauchi and Iwata.

And this music plays I guess.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

LOL if you aren't skipping work to get your pre-order in.

I...might

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I'm going to get 2 switches, one to act as a console and the other so I can play from bed/on the go.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Pirate Captain posted:

I'm going to get 2 switches, one to act as a console and the other so I can play from bed/on the go.

yeah but how will you transfer the saves??

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Pirate Captain posted:

Good luck with nintendos drm

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I played through Shovel Knight and enjoyed it, and then played through a few of the plague Knight levels and thought it was alright but didn't really hold my interest. All these other expansions I'm like "Nah, I'm good." Like, I think it's a good game and know they have Kickstarter goals they have to meet, but move on already. I hope they're working on something else.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

MarcusSA posted:

yeah but how will you transfer the saves??

It's ok, I have a plan. But I'm not telling what it is.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

greatn posted:

I played through Shovel Knight and enjoyed it, and then played through a few of the plague Knight levels and thought it was alright but didn't really hold my interest. All these other expansions I'm like "Nah, I'm good." Like, I think it's a good game and know they have Kickstarter goals they have to meet, but move on already. I hope they're working on something else.

I'd be okay if Capcom gave them the reigns to Mega Man.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's the day after. There's going to be a 2nd stream in the morning showing off more stuff.

Wait so when is the first release/stream happening?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Louisgod posted:

Wait so when is the first release/stream happening?

Thursday night, 8p Pacific, 11p Eastern. It's like that because it's hosted in Japan. The morning after stream is in New York.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

First is 11 PM EST Thursday. The next day at 10 AM EST will be a Nintendo Treehouse playing all the games they showed off the night before for a more in depth view of each

I will continue to hold out hope that we get a new Viewtiful Joe and a proper Chibi-Robo sequel on the Switch

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 12, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dark and Gritty reboot ChuChu Rocket: Apocalypse confirmed!!!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Thursday night, 8p Pacific, 11p Eastern. It's like that because it's hosted in Japan. The morning after stream is in New York.

Okay that's what I thought, thanks. I was initially talking about the first reveal stream.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, the countdown clock in the op is accurate, as is the much cooler switch clock posted.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I hope they use the original 360 UI, just so I can say it uses the Switch Blade system.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Countdown to Zelda delay

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Does the switch have hdmi out on the tablet or only the dock

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Most likely just the dock

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One USB C connector on the bottom is all we know.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ethanol posted:

Does the switch have hdmi out on the tablet or only the dock

Only the dock from what we know.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

If you could bring the tablet without the dock and use the mini controllers on a friends tv that should be easy to do. Nobody wants to play on a tiny screen

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Cubivore 2: Cube Harder

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ethanol posted:

If you could bring the tablet without the dock and use the mini controllers on a friends tv that should be easy to do. Nobody wants to play on a tiny screen

That would mean that the Switch would have to drive a higher resolution and worse performance and a great way to eat up the battery on the device. Seems like you're going to be stuck with the small screen or bring the dock.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ethanol posted:

If you want to use it in console mode, just bring the dock with you. Or buy a second dock and leave it at your friend's house

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

That would mean that the Switch would have to drive a higher resolution and worse performance and a great way to eat up the battery on the device. Seems like you're going to be stuck with the small screen or bring the dock.

The dock needs to turn into a portable power cable

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

MinibarMatchman posted:

they took everything charming about the first one, including the english VA and friendly Nopon treehouse and social link quest tree, and replaced it all with the worst story and characters imaginable, horrid Ubisoft-esque landmark quests, and jar jar binks aliens. somehow even the combat got worse with the needlessly complex Statuses they added, along with a dozen other stupid combo statuses that added extremely little.

I'd rather get a port of Kid Icarus Uprising so it's easier for most human beings to play it with twin sticks, as God intended.

See I liked all the buffs/debuff stuff because your character amplifies itself a fuckton and then you dish out high damage ray beams :science: which i thought would be amplified with skelll but lol no, but yes they went away with all the charm the first game had and went all in anime-esque lolz cutscenes with Nopon xD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Look at Mr. Sensible here, la dee da, I bet you also change your car's oil on time and pay your taxes, gently caress you!

Lol

• Locked thread