Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line
Speaking as someone with 15 years of experience working in AAA game development,:

Ah ha ha ha ha HA HA HA H͈̥A H̰̖̘͕̺A̟͙̙̞͟ ҉̞̠̹͙͚HA̲̭͓̖ ̘̖̙̼͓̝H̝̙̻̳͍̪̪́A H̶̖̗̺͕À̴̴̱̹ ̠̗̩̦͚́Ḩ̨͕̰͕̹͉̭Ḁ̱̻̀ ͙̻̯̦̲͉̖H͓̤̝̝͉͢͡A̶̛̗̮̮͍͉͖̙̫ ̢̺̙̤̼͓͈̻H̸͎̥̺͇͞A̛̮͈͘͜ H͏͜͏̵͎̳̗͔̝͙͉͇̭̮͕̦͔͡ͅͅA̴̢̕͜҉̲̜͉̱̘̠͕͎͓͚̟̟̱͔̻̲̖͇ ͏̬͕͍͎͉͚̦̟̦̞̝H̡͇̥̟̭͇͉̗̻͈͡A̶̶͏̕͏̞̥͔̫̯̪͕͔̙͉̯̤̻ͅ ͉͚̺͖̯̀͟H̵͉̼̭̳͎̩̪̺́͘͡À̙̯̩̳̹̩̙̯̩̲̳̰͍̖̱̰ ̵̡̡̟̯̳̝̗̝̥̖̯͍͇͔̥̹͉̯̯͉͢͢H̶̥̮͈̰̦̥̘̝̟̭͚͚͉͙̭͉͍̳̕ͅÀ̸̸̢̝̭͙̮͔̭͉͎̥͙͓͉̕

Hyperdevbox, I know you guys are trying and it can be hard to be a little indie studio especially in the mobile market where advertising makes you king, not quality; you're in for a tough ride. I guarantee you the crowdfunding won't be successful. The fact that the only place actively talking about your game is this dead comedy forum where people are just making fun of you should have been the number one sign before your crowdfunding went live. It's super sucky when you put your eggs into one basket hoping that it will catch people's attention and get you money so you can keep doing what you poured your heart into, but raging against people here isn't going to help any of that.

Actually looking at your videos, I can see that there is some game play logic made, though it's hard to tell how much, a lot of things described in text are shown with a messy sketch instead of seen in game, where it might actually impress someone. The key to crowdfunding is to impress people. Since you don't have any big names working with you, or any previous memorable games, you can't ride on name recognition. You want to show them why they would want to pay for something in the hope that it might come out, and what we have is some bland looking character models in one simple looking environment with flat lighting and then a bunch of messy sketches that look they were done as rough drafts and were then plopped in super quick instead of making them look nice. The whole thing feels shoddy.

For your own sanity's sake, close the indie go go, figure out what makes your game interesting and worth people's money and relaunch with that, or look for other sources of funding. Until then, I'm just going to keep laughing at you, cause this is really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BluJay posted:

Speaking as someone with 15 years of experience working in AAA game development,:

Ah ha ha ha ha HA HA HA H͈̥A H̰̖̘͕̺A̟͙̙̞͟ ҉̞̠̹͙͚HA̲̭͓̖ ̘̖̙̼͓̝H̝̙̻̳͍̪̪́A H̶̖̗̺͕À̴̴̱̹ ̠̗̩̦͚́Ḩ̨͕̰͕̹͉̭Ḁ̱̻̀ ͙̻̯̦̲͉̖H͓̤̝̝͉͢͡A̶̛̗̮̮͍͉͖̙̫ ̢̺̙̤̼͓͈̻H̸͎̥̺͇͞A̛̮͈͘͜ H͏͜͏̵͎̳̗͔̝͙͉͇̭̮͕̦͔͡ͅͅA̴̢̕͜҉̲̜͉̱̘̠͕͎͓͚̟̟̱͔̻̲̖͇ ͏̬͕͍͎͉͚̦̟̦̞̝H̡͇̥̟̭͇͉̗̻͈͡A̶̶͏̕͏̞̥͔̫̯̪͕͔̙͉̯̤̻ͅ ͉͚̺͖̯̀͟H̵͉̼̭̳͎̩̪̺́͘͡À̙̯̩̳̹̩̙̯̩̲̳̰͍̖̱̰ ̵̡̡̟̯̳̝̗̝̥̖̯͍͇͔̥̹͉̯̯͉͢͢H̶̥̮͈̰̦̥̘̝̟̭͚͚͉͙̭͉͍̳̕ͅÀ̸̸̢̝̭͙̮͔̭͉͎̥͙͓͉̕

Hyperdevbox, I know you guys are trying and it can be hard to be a little indie studio especially in the mobile market where advertising makes you king, not quality; you're in for a tough ride. I guarantee you the crowdfunding won't be successful. The fact that the only place actively talking about your game is this dead comedy forum where people are just making fun of you should have been the number one sign before your crowdfunding went live. It's super sucky when you put your eggs into one basket hoping that it will catch people's attention and get you money so you can keep doing what you poured your heart into, but raging against people here isn't going to help any of that.

Actually looking at your videos, I can see that there is some game play logic made, though it's hard to tell how much, a lot of things described in text are shown with a messy sketch instead of seen in game, where it might actually impress someone. The key to crowdfunding is to impress people. Since you don't have any big names working with you, or any previous memorable games, you can't ride on name recognition. You want to show them why they would want to pay for something in the hope that it might come out, and what we have is some bland looking character models in one simple looking environment with flat lighting and then a bunch of messy sketches that look they were done as rough drafts and were then plopped in super quick instead of making them look nice. The whole thing feels shoddy.

For your own sanity's sake, close the indie go go, figure out what makes your game interesting and worth people's money and relaunch with that, or look for other sources of funding. Until then, I'm just going to keep laughing at you, cause this is really funny.

wow! rude and uncalled for! YOU should have spent less time in AAA game development and more time creating crowdfunding campaigns if you wanted anyone to take you seriously. you're getting ignored, sucker.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Mister Adequate posted:

So let me get this straight.

1) They go to the tavern in the morning because of some unrelated matter. Something severe enough that eight Swiss Guardsmen are there.
2) Little Shitbag bails and they chase him through the streets of Paris.
3) Then he's seen with this noble chick who has gone missing.
4) Then he is Prime Suspect #1 and the Swiss Guards - who as noted are private mercs for the King and don't give a gently caress - go to the tavern again.

So from this we can tell that;
A) It doesn't make any drat sense that you could stall for Leonce (who literally eats poo poo, incidentally) at all because Leandre is the one they want. He is right there. There is nothing to stall towards. The guards grab him and take him to some dank prison where he is tortured for information then dies in the oubliette. If he tries to resist they just threaten to kill his family.
B) This little fucker is known to the authorities by sight. The fact that he's not already been loving murdered by them presumably means he actually already is nobility or something.
C) Even those being true, the Swiss Guards having to show up to the same loving place for the same loving little poo poo twice in one day kind of suggests their patience will be at an end and any resistance is hugely dangerous, as in, 'murder his dad and his dog, rape his mother in front of him, then make him eat his own eyes' dangerous.

I know you want your cute little Aladdin homage but quite aside from the fact that it makes this well-off kid* look like a prick for stealing an apple from a common street vendor, you're acting like one of the most brutal and important events in modern history was a merry jape where young ruffians could get away with anything and nobody got guillotined. No. The fuckers would be murdered on the spot for giving the SGs grief.

*As has been noted, well off enough that someone can drop a whole meal of food and the family just finds it funny, which is especially damning given that one of the contributing causes of the French Revolution was years of bad harvests leading to food shortages. His family aren't revolutionaries, they're the loving wealthy who are being revolted against! The lot of them would get guillotined! Then again with your grasp of history you probably believe it was all settled peacefully when Mme. Armandine gave a passionate speech about the natural order of nobility over commoners, implored the peasantry in the name of God to return to their homes, and so brought peace and absolute monarchy back to France.

(PS someone who is free of sin please quote this so MegaAssemblerCarton's Ronald can see it)

This is actually really interesting, thank you. I know nothing at all about the French Revolution, so this kind of put things into perspective.

Hyperdevbox, your game might be fun (although you're not helping your cause by focusing on artwork and story instead of... you know, gameplay). Also, you've been pretty rude to some people giving honest feedback and asking good questions, such as when you tried to claim that only other game developers can critique you. But even putting that all aside, I think your company has chosen a pretty tone-deaf setting and story.

If you want to tell a by-the-numbers anime story about a plucky young lad falling in love with the beautiful but strong noblewomen (who still needs a man to save her, after all, it IS a Japanese game) in the midst of an evil king's reign, you should consider making up your own setting. You're already ignoring historical truth so why not set it in the kingdom of Lower Ga'rab'ar''ia on the continent of Kal'o'oskls'awk''a'r'a' and call it a day?

PS: I am a software engineer with almost 20 years of industry experience so I can critique you I think?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

A chibi anime set in late 1942 Stalingrad. Players get to experience the cheeky thrills of their exceedingly moe Russian conscript as he plays pranks and struggles for survival in one of the worst hells mankind ever created.

Highlights of the game include; hiding under a pile of corpses to avoid partaking in a failed charge of Red Square (your tsundere Commissar acts mad but he chuckles about it later), beating a civilian to death with a rock because they have half a shaker of salt ('s-sorry senpai!' you'll exclaim), and stealing a roast from a nazi camp that turns out to be a human thigh ('well it ain't mom's curried rice!' one of your squadmates observes with a chuckle while a giant teardrop rolls down your forehead).

Stretch goal at $500,000 to have babymetal do the soundtrack.

Legit better than Thermidor.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
When I was in school, with our BBC computer things. I showed the rest of the class how to change all the text in a game involving selling lemonade or some cobblers. I consider that to be the spiritual start of the GTA saga.

being on a block list is wonderfully refreshing.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Thursday Next posted:

Hyperdevbox, your game might be fun (although you're not helping your cause by focusing on artwork and story instead of... you know, gameplay).
They have 3 artists, 1 composer, 1 writer and 1 programmer. They should just make it a visual novel like the one with the birds. Relaunch it on Kickstarter, reduce the goal to something more reasonable, offer a $15 tier, make guillotine senpai datable...

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Don't forget the most important 1 CEO and 1 French campaign director.

Edit: And also a completely separate person as a scenario writer, and another one for business relations. I mean, with a team like that, how could you fail?

grate deceiver fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 11, 2017

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
What I mean is, the programmer guy and the artists should guillotine all those useless bourgeoisie parasites and redistribute their assets to finish a semi-decent game.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
28 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

31 December 2016 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

3 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

5 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

6 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

7 January 2017 - $802 USD raised by 22 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

8 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

9 January 2017 - $1002 USD raised by 23 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

10 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal :siren:

11 January 2017 - $1052 USD raised by 24 backers / 0% of $240,000 fixed goal

Total increase in amount raised between 28 December 2016 to 11 January 2017 - $250

Total increase in number of backers between 28 December 2016 to 11 January 2017 - 2

No. of days left - 18

Shortfall between target and amount raised so far - $238,948.00

Average amount of new funds per day required to meet target - $13,274.89

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Thursday Next posted:

This is actually really interesting, thank you. I know nothing at all about the French Revolution, so this kind of put things into perspective.

I want to stress that it is far, far outside my area of expertise, and I have only a perfunctory understanding of it.

e; though I also want to stress that my perfunctory understanding is orders of magnitude better than these chucklefucks possess.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Imagine four British Redcoats in the french revolution...

e:it's timg'd because as soon as i posted i heard one of you whining about it in my head about how your 600x800 monitor can't handle it, click for full effect

weak wrists big dick fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 12, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

weak wrists big dick posted:

e:it's timg'd because as soon as i posted i heard one of you whining about it in my head about how your 600x800 monitor can't handle it, click for full effect

:golfclap:

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009

No one smoked cigarettes like that in ancient France.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Suddenly I want a tavern brawl tactics game. BouncerDoor - Tactical JRPG where I and a team of other bouncers are tactically navigating tables, chairs, using the bar for cover, as we beat up and evict rowdy patrons.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Harem game set during Rwandan genocide. - Maid Hotel Rwanda!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The Iraq War except it's fought by mecha.

Wait that would kinda own, maybe.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Saxophone posted:

Suddenly I want a tavern brawl tactics game. BouncerDoor - Tactical JRPG where I and a team of other bouncers are tactically navigating tables, chairs, using the bar for cover, as we beat up and evict rowdy patrons.

A game about being a bouncer already exists, but sadly it's not a tactical JRPG.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
i need a lot more gameplay videos to convince me or my $100 is going right to That Which Sleeps.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

johnny doesn't belong there cause johnny is cool

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy Achmed posted:

Thanks for tellng us more about the battle system. Will the player's success depend heavily upon the stealth elements, or is that more of just a nice bonus? Also, is there much of a reliance on character stats versus their equipment, and if so is there a mechanism to let players 'grind' to level up between major battles?

Thank you for your comment!
The stealth elements will be an important part of the attack, and will make it easier to approach an enemy, but definitely not something the player will have to rely on in order to succeed in the game. As I've said before, Thermidor will be challenging to a certain extent, but hopefully always fun to play.

Crazy Achmed posted:

Also, is that a sketch of Armandine threatening her captor with a sword? I wasn't aware that two-handed swords were still in use during the French revolution - and nobody trained in fencing would ever two-hand a one-handed weapon like an infantry sabre/spadroon/etc. They also wouldn't be standing with their body squared towared their opponent... unless she's got her hands on a Japanese katana somehow and is also skilled with that?

That's a very good observation! But I'm sorry to disappoint you, as Golden Goat said, it's a stick!
She wakes up in a dark room, not knowing how she got there and who took her, but she still decides to fight off the guards and grabs the stick, which is the closest thing to a weapon she could find.

Aardark posted:

Ron, isn't Kickstarter available in France? Couldn't your CEO have used a French bank account? Getting 240k would be out of the question either way, but you'd be doing better than on Indiegogo. Aren't you starting to question the leadership of your company after seeing how the campaign's turning out?

Is it wrong that I'm imagining you as the girl in your avatar?
Anyway, don't answer that, I'd rather not know the truth...

As for your question, we are looking at all of our options at the moment, and KS might be one of them.
We are WELL aware of the benefits of having a campaign for a game on KS rather than IGG.

will there be collectibles in this game, similar to Fallout: New Vegas?

Yes!

Thursday Next posted:

I am a software engineer with almost 20 years of industry experience so I can critique you I think?

Please do. All of you can critique!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

hyperdevbox posted:

Anyway, don't answer that, I'd rather not know the truth...

lmbo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hyperdevbox posted:

yeah.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

GunnerJ posted:

The Iraq War except it's fought by mecha.

Wait that would kinda own, maybe.

G-Gundam beat you to it.

hyperdevbox posted:

That's a very good observation! But I'm sorry to disappoint you, as Golden Goat said, it's a stick!

Why would she fight with a stick like it's a Katana (a style she's not trained in) instead of using it like a makeshift fencing weapon like the swords she has trained with?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hyperdevbox posted:

Please do. All of you can critique!

not all of us :smith:

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Why would she fight with a stick like it's a Katana (a style she's not trained in) instead of using it like a makeshift fencing weapon like the swords she has trained with?

What are the odds of a woman of any station knowing how to fence at all in 18th century France?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I like RPGs and whatnot, but you desperately need to take a look at this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh5CB2lnZ7c
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic
This is a teaser for a remake of a game called Pathologic. The original won multiple game of the year awards in its' home country of Russia when it came out in 2005, and was featured in series of articles in multiple major gaming publications - Rock Paper Shotgun's 3 part feature on it was great. It was translated (poorly) and released in the US - it's considered somewhat of a cult classic, and is one of the darkest, grimmest story driven games out there, and the original was strong enough to be played even with the poor translation and somewhat grindy gameplay. It was made by a company named Ice Pick Lodge, who've created a second award winning game, called The Void.

In 2014, they launched a Kickstarter to fund a remake of Pathologic, from the ground up, in a new engine, actual translators, and the knowledge they've gained in nine years of game development. The above is the trailer they put out as a teaser.

They already had a fully developed story, characters, and map from the original. They already had a cult following. They had an extremely well done trailer that made anyone who had played the original game, and especially anyone who had given up on the original game due to aged graphics and shoddy translation, extremely excited. This was a known, respected game company asking for help to go back and remake their magnum opus, in the way they originally envisioned it.

This game earned $330,000 in it's kickstarter.

Here's another example - Darkest Dungeon - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios
Darkest Dungeon is a unforgiving, brutal dungeon crawler with 2d paper cutout style artwork. All of its' gameplay systems were clearly explained, if not thoroughly, enough to excite and give people an idea what gameplay would be like, in the original pitch - and the trailer clearly displayed a coherent theme, and showed multiple gameplay segments in different areas, featuring different mechanics.

This game, which loving owns by the way, asked for $75,000 as it's goal, and made $313,000 in crowdfunding.

I want you to take a look at these two kickstarter trailers and feature lists, and ask yourself - how does your trailer, credibility, and promo material stack up to games that actually make the money you are asking for? These games show the kind of work that needs to be already done in order to convince people to spend that kind of money - not a 2 minute tech demo and a song with a storyboard.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a guillotine somewhere in Darkest Dungeon.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dramatika posted:

I like RPGs and whatnot, but you desperately need to take a look at this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh5CB2lnZ7c
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic
This is a teaser for a remake of a game called Pathologic. The original won multiple game of the year awards in its' home country of Russia when it came out in 2005, and was featured in series of articles in multiple major gaming publications - Rock Paper Shotgun's 3 part feature on it was great. It was translated (poorly) and released in the US - it's considered somewhat of a cult classic, and is one of the darkest, grimmest story driven games out there, and the original was strong enough to be played even with the poor translation and somewhat grindy gameplay. It was made by a company named Ice Pick Lodge, who've created a second award winning game, called The Void.

In 2014, they launched a Kickstarter to fund a remake of Pathologic, from the ground up, in a new engine, actual translators, and the knowledge they've gained in nine years of game development. The above is the trailer they put out as a teaser.

They already had a fully developed story, characters, and map from the original. They already had a cult following. They had an extremely well done trailer that made anyone who had played the original game, and especially anyone who had given up on the original game due to aged graphics and shoddy translation, extremely excited. This was a known, respected game company asking for help to go back and remake their magnum opus, in the way they originally envisioned it.

This game earned $330,000 in it's kickstarter.

Here's another example - Darkest Dungeon - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios
Darkest Dungeon is a unforgiving, brutal dungeon crawler with 2d paper cutout style artwork. All of its' gameplay systems were clearly explained, if not thoroughly, enough to excite and give people an idea what gameplay would be like, in the original pitch - and the trailer clearly displayed a coherent theme, and showed multiple gameplay segments in different areas, featuring different mechanics.

This game, which loving owns by the way, asked for $75,000 as it's goal, and made $313,000 in crowdfunding.

I want you to take a look at these two kickstarter trailers and feature lists, and ask yourself - how does your trailer, credibility, and promo material stack up to games that actually make the money you are asking for? These games show the kind of work that needs to be already done in order to convince people to spend that kind of money - not a 2 minute tech demo and a song with a storyboard.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a guillotine somewhere in Darkest Dungeon.

First of all, I'd like to say that I highly appreciate your input.
Observing such successful campaigns like Pathologic and Darkest Dungeon, amongst others, is definitely something we can learn from, and to be honest a bit reassuring. Let me tell you why. Very similarly to these game developers, HyperDevbox too has a large following and fans that have stuck with us throughout the years, and are always excited to hear about any new games from our studio, which means that potentially we should've had a good start to the campaign. But unfortunately, and as many here and on other forums have pointed out, we did not have enough to showcase, therefore the campaign was a disaster.
There are other reasons why this current campaign will not succeed, but there is no need to mention them here.

But this whole journey in the past 4 months or so, was a huge learning experience for everyone here at HDX, and we feel very confident about our next steps towards funding Thermidor. And also thanks to people like you, who give us great insights and helpful advice, weather it's something we are already aware of or not, it always helps solidify our knowledge in this crazy world of crowdfunding.

Things are changing all the time here, and we are steadily moving towards showcasing the game better, and towards the next steps.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

Very similarly to these game developers, HyperDevbox too has a large following and fans that have stuck with us throughout the years, and are always excited to hear about any new games from our studio

Really?

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
:pcgaming: I'm very excited to announce that we have decided to add guillotines to the game!!! :pcgaming:

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
nah, just kidding
:flipoff:

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

oh nice, it's trying to troll now

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

jizzy sillage posted:

Tbf, that poo poo was actually pretty funny.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Tbf, that poo poo was actually pretty funny.

yeah if you're Borat

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Okay, guys. His health is below 10%. Assume positions for the puppet master phase.

Group 1. Keep healing the mo-mos.

Group 2. Make sure group 3 is posting.

Group 3. Don't stop posting.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I hope when this is all said and done his final words can ring true.

Let them eat urinal cake.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

hyperdevbox posted:

She wakes up in a dark room, not knowing how she got there and who took her, but she still decides to fight off the guards and grabs the stick, which is the closest thing to a weapon she could find.
Au contraire, that's good to hear. Given France's status as one of the great fencing nations I'm looking forward to seeing Armandine's fencing in action, amongst the other gameplay once it's implemented.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hyperdevbox posted:

Observing such successful campaigns like Pathologic and Darkest Dungeon, amongst others, is definitely something we can learn from, and to be honest a bit reassuring. Let me tell you why. Very similarly to these game developers, HyperDevbox too has a large following and fans that have stuck with us throughout the years, and are always excited to hear about any new games from our studio, which means that potentially we should've had a good start to the campaign.

oh gently caress off, you don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Pathologic let alone claim to have anything in common with it. I'm glad your large following could part with $1200 though.

hyperdevbox posted:

lol :fuckoff:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

hyperdevbox posted:

Observing such successful campaigns like Pathologic and Darkest Dungeon, amongst others, is definitely something we can learn from, and to be honest a bit reassuring. Let me tell you why. Very similarly to these game developers, HyperDevbox too has a large following and fans that have stuck with us throughout the years, and are always excited to hear about any new games from our studio, which means that potentially we should've had a good start to the campaign.

:allears:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

hyperdevbox posted:

Very similarly to these game developers, HyperDevbox too has a large following and fans that have stuck with us throughout the years

When I think of the big names in games, my list includes the heavy hitters. You know, Sid Meier, Shigeru Miyamato, Gulliermo Del Toro, Hideki Kamiya, Ken Levine, Hideo Kojima, Shinji Mikami, Suda 51, Ed Boon, Jimmy Page, Swery, Iga, others who I will remember in like an hour, and of course, HyperDevBox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

jizzy sillage posted:

In a way, though, they are trolling themselves (out of money).

• Locked thread