Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

People seem numb to the idea that foreign agents might be controlling their leader. :smith:

Hell, I have co-workers who would see that as a plus.
They have such an erection for Putin, it's ridiculous.

If, somehow, Putin walked out onstage and said "I run this poo poo now.", they would be ecstatic, because they just KNOW that Putin would only oppress the people they don't like.

"Putin would put all those liberal idiots in their place, that's for drat sure. He doesn't put up with stupid crap." - Normally I'm being hyperbolic, but, that's an exact quote from a guy I work with, and he's a loving combat veteran from Desert Storm.

Edit:
gently caress, I hate starting a new page without a cartoon.
Here, have an old Kelly

the_steve fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Stevoblunt posted:

I go to Germany quite often as my wife is German. Last time I was there (2016) it was still pretty loving white.

How terrible.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Hell, I have co-workers who would see that as a plus.
They have such an erection for Putin, it's ridiculous.

If, somehow, Putin walked out onstage and said "I run this poo poo now.", they would be ecstatic, because they just KNOW that Putin would only oppress the people they don't like.

"Putin would put all those liberal idiots in their place, that's for drat sure. He doesn't put up with stupid crap." - Normally I'm being hyperbolic, but, that's an exact quote from a guy I work with, and he's a loving combat veteran from Desert Storm.
So Sideshow Bob was right in a completely literal sense when he said some people want to be ruled like a king?

Oh, but I guess he said "deep down" not so clearly on the surface like we saw in the election.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Trogdos! posted:

(apology) bonus Dry Bones:

It will never quite live up to the glory of Bleached Bones, and I really need to learn Photoshop some day, but this just kind of popped in there:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

So Sideshow Bob was right in a completely literal sense when he said some people want to be ruled like a king?

Oh, but I guess he said "deep down" not so clearly on the surface like we saw in the election.

Either that, or, they just want some big manly Official Government Figure to validate and endorse their own lovely opinions so they can say they're the ones who are correct for hating minorities of every race/gender/orientation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Either that, or, they just want some big manly Official Government Figure to validate and endorse their own lovely opinions so they can say they're the ones who are correct for hating minorities of every race/gender/orientation.
Well yeah, if you want a king of course you want one who is on your side.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Have some Phil Hands, he hasn't been posted lately.

Jan 5
(How on earth did we end up with someone worse than Scott Walker?)

Jan 6

Jan 10

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Syrnn posted:

It will never quite live up to the glory of Bleached Bones, and I really need to learn Photoshop some day, but this just kind of popped in there:

lmfao

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Stevoblunt posted:

I go to Germany quite often as my wife is German. Last time I was there (2016) it was still pretty loving white.

I meant it more in the sense that he's a nationalist bigot with no interest in having his fragile views challenged. Garrison doesn't intend to travel—he said himself that "if I wanted to . . . I would." What he really wants is to cling to the idea that there exist places outside the US where he would be safe, both physically and experientially. Germany can be "pretty loving white" and still be different enough that he'd never actually want to risk going there.

Besides, I hear they actually don't like fascism over there, can you believe it??

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I meant it more in the sense that he's a nationalist bigot with no interest in having his fragile views challenged. Garrison doesn't intend to travel—he said himself that "if I wanted to . . . I would." What he really wants is to cling to the idea that there exist places outside the US where he would be safe, both physically and experientially. Germany can be "pretty loving white" and still be different enough that he'd never actually want to risk going there.

Besides, I hear they actually don't like fascism over there, can you believe it??

I have family that live outside the US and they are always complaining about people that come to visit them from the US always stick to their hotels, tourist groups, and avoid anything even remotely challenging to their world view.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I have family that live outside the US and they are always complaining about people that come to visit them from the US always stick to their hotels, tourist groups, and avoid anything even remotely challenging to their world view.

A friend of mine from grad school once told me her parents travel all over the world, but adamantly refuse to eat anywhere but American chain restaurants/fast food. Like, going to Pizza Hutt in Paris. It's one of those things I can intellectually understand, but totally not get at all.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

...strangest business card I've ever seen.

quote:

"...Joel Heller is fuckin' dumb"

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

At a press conference today Donald Trump said that he thinks Russia probably did hack the DNC. He added that lots of countries hack. And he claimed the DNC was careless with its servers. Not to mention Hillary Clinton and John Podesta, windows logon: p@ssw0rd.

Yesterday Buzz Feed and CNN ran with an unverified story of a Trump honey trap in Moscow. The story claims Putin blackmailed Trump into reporting on Russian Oligarchs with whom he had dealings. Trump and Mike Pence both condemned the story as fake news at the press conference.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That the lady is correct?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Jerusalem posted:

That the lady is correct?

No you see the truth is in the mid- *tongue leaps out of throat and strangles me*

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Sadly I think the piss fetish thing is the only reason anyone cares. People seem numb to the idea that foreign agents might be controlling their leader. :smith:

Well you know the US has interfered in so many election across the globe so who cares right?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well yeah, if you want a king of course you want one who is on your side.

🎶It must be nice, it must be nice,
To have Vladimir on your side🎶

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Syrnn posted:

This is a great edit. Also it's good to be a bit messy, we don't want Kirschen flipping out again.

Also gently caress Shuldig, what a douche.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

As we now know, it's the game show hosts whose opinions really matter.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Britt doesn't usually do anything for me, but this is pretty solid.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Saved for next year's Worst Caricature.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Remember when Trump insulted the Pope and still more Catholics voted for him because us Catholics have to have such a bug up our asses about abortion?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

She's singing this? It doesn't seem like a song at all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Terry Pratchett posted:

If it continues long enough, even a reign of terror may become a fondly remembered period. People believe they want justice and wise government but, in fact, what they really want is an assurance that tomorrow will be very much like today.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I know these aren't cartoons, but I wanted to share them anyway.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

These "both sides are just as bad" comics make me want to scream. How anyone can think that mild hyperbole is just as bad as lies out of whole cloth continues to astound me.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 12, 2017

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh poo poo did Margo Martindale win an another award? Good for her!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Syrnn posted:

:drat: just quoting this again, fuckin amazing

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

My search when I went to see what this was about brought up a whole bunch of US news articles from exactly two weeks ago.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hostile V posted:

Oh poo poo did Margo Martindale win an another award? Good for her!
Man, goons and face blindness, how do you not recognize Joe Scarborough in drag :rolleyes:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

King Possum III posted:

I know these aren't cartoons, but I wanted to share them anyway.

I don't understand. None of those have been posted before by someone else.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Improbable Lobster posted:

Trump didn't listen to Frank Zappa and now he loves to eat the yellow snow

He can take about an hour on the tower of power
So long as he gets a little golden shower

Oh god he is the American Dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I wonder how KC feels about another one of his things going big

(I bet hes happy he isnt known as the dickbutt guy anymore)

• Locked thread