Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Jimmy Hats posted:

yeah strakhov's weapon was spoiled as Deep Throat it's a P+S 12 with critical consume

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

w00tmonger posted:

Holy gently caress man o war greylord caster

Oh... Just a solo.....

Isn't zerkova a greylord

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Where can I find these pictures of new cryx? I can't watch videos, or indeed fathom how chain attack works.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

!Klams posted:

Where can I find these pictures of new cryx? I can't watch videos, or indeed fathom how chain attack works.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Oh... Oh my... Wow.

Thanks! Those both look incredible.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

New greylord looks amazing, and the new Cryx stuff is excellent/disturbing.

Strakhov though. Buddy. Your NECK?!

He's wearing a serious tactical turtleneck.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Oh cool a hentai tentacle jack and what may be Morty 2. The kahdor guy kinda looks like he could be Harkevich 2. At the very least the 2 cryx sculpts looks pretty good hopefully all those legs aren't individual parts...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Are you trolling that looks nothing like hark

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hoboskins posted:

Oh cool a hentai tentacle jack and what may be Morty 2.

Definitely Morty 2 and the jack is Kharybdis, Aiakos' character 'jack.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Hoboskins posted:

Oh cool a hentai tentacle jack and what may be Morty 2. The kahdor guy kinda looks like he could be Harkevich 2. At the very least the 2 cryx sculpts looks pretty good hopefully all those legs aren't individual parts...

It's a greylords steamguy and strakhov2...

Also gj ganny (Jimmy?), I just laughed out loud in the company washroom

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
:swoon: Dem Khador!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Having looked at it more closer, Strakhov's crazy collar looks dorky but makes sense. It's supposed to be high enough to form a seal when he puts his gas mask on. Which suggests that the poisonous smoke canisters komandoes use are some sort of contact poison in addition to being an inhaled one?

counterspin fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 12, 2017

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Well it's a thinly veiled reference to mustard gas, so it's probably loving up at least your eyes if they get in contact with it.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Mustard gas causes your skin to break out in yellow blisters, so not something you want on you anywhere. Worse in the eyes and lungs of course.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Maybe strakhov is using that death gas from the new novel that killed the khadoran army.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Isn't zerkova a greylord

I mean yeah, but not in steam armor. Basically what I'm saying is I want karchev2

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Crappy phone pic but I finally did a test scheme for my Trolls and I love it.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Orange and blue, cool and good

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Orange and blue, cool and good

omg :allears:

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

S.J. posted:

You should love it-- it's an interesting and different scheme.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

That looks like red and blue and I hate it. But that's probably the pic quality. I typically love orange and blue schemes. (What's important is that you like it)

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Picked up the menoth command book.

Has a little new material. They redid the sections on the unit types, for example the section introducing warcasters is 4 pages instead of the page and a half from the mk2 forces of book. The intro section also cuts out the story and stuff instead giving more detailed information on each branch, such as the order of the wall getting about half a page devoted to it for example. In all, I'd put it at about 15-20 original pages of fluff.

The model entries are all the recycled mk1 fluff they've been using forever, but has new art. There are no painting guides. Instead you get 3 color schemes, each of which has 2 pages showing the base, shade, and highlight used on a warjack and a warrior. In the old painting guides you would see a list of like 10 different paints use in various blended shades and highlights with step by step instruction on how to apply it.

Definitely not buying another one of these. I was really wanting to see a nice painting section. The new art is pretty though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

That looks like red and blue and I hate it. But that's probably the pic quality. I typically love orange and blue schemes. (What's important is that you like it)

Squig orange, reikland fleshshade, repeat. Like I said, bad phone pic

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Theme forces dropped: http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme%20Forces.pdf

Hot Takes on poo poo I Play:

Cygnar: Knew Storm Division was coming, with Advance Move on Stormblades and free Captains/Stormblade UA, I think it'll be compelling.
Cryx: Not really a fan of the ghost pirates, but looks dece for those who like them.
Legion: Awesome, awesome theme. Forcing enemies to lose AD and Ambushing Raiders is great. Gonna have to try this one with Fyanna.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Khador one gives SAC PAWN WINTER GUARD TO YOUR WARCASTER

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I see how they are nerfing sentry stones. Don't put them in any theme lists!

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Well, that's how they nerfed kickymonks!

gently caress 'the enemy lose AD' theme bonuses though.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

S.J. posted:

:cripes:

I mean we all know Skorne salt is real, but holy gently caress did they really have to give us a theme force that more or less *needs* an unreleased model that doesn't currently even have a release date?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

S.J. posted:

This is stupid as gently caress but I love it

Sac pawn from b3 to a tough winterguard grunt? Yes please.

Cryx one looks garbage tbh

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The two that I'm primarily interested in are:

Ret: This is an interesting theme, but only half for the obvious basis. I think it could work as a Kaelyssa-based jack army, but also seems to play well into Rahn's strategy, only losing the Sphinx & Banshee out of the assassination package. The free solo (you always spend 25pts in jacks) is nice, and Shield Guard can help you out a bit.
Skorne: I like the lists here too, but I think you need to have the Dakaar to really unlock it. Again, it can be cool just for the wall in an interesting place while running a bunch of beasts.

The Cygnar one allow Junior, so it's going to be common as poo poo. Storm Blades get a needed buff, and giving out free anything for taking Storm Lances is a mistake.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

gently caress theme lists

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

rkajdi posted:

Ret: This is an interesting theme, but only half for the obvious basis. I think it could work as a Kaelyssa-based jack army, but also seems to play well into Rahn's strategy, only losing the Sphinx & Banshee out of the assassination package. The free solo (you always spend 25pts in jacks) is nice, and Shield Guard can help you out a bit.
Skorne: I like the lists here too, but I think you need to have the Dakaar to really unlock it. Again, it can be cool just for the wall in an interesting place while running a bunch of beasts.

The Cygnar one allow Junior, so it's going to be common as poo poo. Storm Blades get a needed buff, and giving out free anything for taking Storm Lances is a mistake.

The Ret one can be used to run Vyros2, sylys, Imperatus, 10 Griffons, 3 Arcanists. That seems fair (and also, get hosed Sloan)

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Theme forces dropped: http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme%20Forces.pdf

Hot Takes on poo poo I Play:

Cygnar: Knew Storm Division was coming, with Advance Move on Stormblades and free Captains/Stormblade UA, I think it'll be compelling.
Cryx: Not really a fan of the ghost pirates, but looks dece for those who like them.
Legion: Awesome, awesome theme. Forcing enemies to lose AD and Ambushing Raiders is great. Gonna have to try this one with Fyanna.

The Cygnar one also grants Immune: Electricity to the whole army. That's going to make those electro leaps a lot easier to control.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Khador theme is best. Karchev sacs to joe, who sacs to wgi

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rkajdi posted:

Yeah advanced move on my storm cav? whaaaaaat

e: nevermind just storm blades. thank god

albany academy posted:

Khador theme is best. Karchev sacs to joe, who sacs to wgi

Anyone can sac to the BE

S.J. fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 12, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
run two warcasters and malakov2 can sucker to karchev who sacs to joe who sacs to winter guard

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

waah posted:

:cripes:

I mean we all know Skorne salt is real, but holy gently caress did they really have to give us a theme force that more or less *needs* an unreleased model that doesn't currently even have a release date?

I agree it's dumb. But at least where I am, I see it being proxied so people can try it out. I think it's a list Rasheth likes quite a bit.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Raerlynn posted:

The Cygnar one also grants Immune: Electricity to the whole army. That's going to make those electro leaps a lot easier to control.

It's nice but most of the army is already going to have that. Nice bonus for the jacks though.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

S.J. posted:

Yeah advanced move on my storm cav? whaaaaaat

e: nevermind just storm blades. thank god

Anyone can sac to the BE

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaahhaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

rkajdi posted:

Shield guard on a Banishing Warded Imperatus under a kinetic field seems legit.