Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I typed a bunch of stuff under the mining heading, and it turns out I'm really bad at being concise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I signed up as Polly, I have basically no idea what is going on here. I'd like to do something helpful but I guess I have to figure out what's going on first.

Poultron fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Poultron posted:

I signed up as Polly, I have basically no idea what is going on here. I'd like to do something helpful but I guess I have to figure out what's going on first.

Invite sent.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Trip report: I still barely know what to do. Do ya'll need someone with cooking? I like doing that.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Poultron posted:

Trip report: I still barely know what to do. Do ya'll need someone with cooking? I like doing that.

If you want to cook, do it! We have a lot of fish which can be turned into Stuff(tm). When you get to it, mana-foods are amazing to do, but anything with -t is going to be useful to have. Best thing is there's usually so many fish that you can consume the cooked ones to reduce your timer whilst cooking them up and still come out ahead.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Kluliss posted:

If you want to cook, do it! We have a lot of fish which can be turned into Stuff(tm). When you get to it, mana-foods are amazing to do, but anything with -t is going to be useful to have. Best thing is there's usually so many fish that you can consume the cooked ones to reduce your timer whilst cooking them up and still come out ahead.

It seems like one of the more useful things I can do. Any tips on getting that leveled up? I'm trying to work on Fishing/Gathering right now so I can supply a lot of stuff for myself, but I'd like to know the best things to cook or whatever.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Poultron posted:

Any tips on getting that leveled up?

Do it more, and harder.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Poultron posted:

It seems like one of the more useful things I can do. Any tips on getting that leveled up? I'm trying to work on Fishing/Gathering right now so I can supply a lot of stuff for myself, but I'd like to know the best things to cook or whatever.

We just had a week where a bunch of people who usually don't fish did a ton of fishing. There are excess fish to cook. There are excess logs to cook with. Grab from the guild storages. Go forth and cook. Drop some cooked foods back into guild storages. Repeat.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Poultron posted:

Anything to do with cherry pies is always helpful

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

So we're kind of low on spare easter pendants. If you have golden eggs I'd like it if everyone went and got one extra and put it in storage.

I think the Amar Birthday event got skipped over this year (it was mid-January in previous years) but we should be having a valentine's event coming up soon, which means RD bonuses will probably be bought, so keep yourselves under 12 or so.

Finally, we're starting to run low on kites, so if you've got 30 fishing now's a good time to pull up some stingrays.

ducky39101
Nov 8, 2011
Just started could i get an invite tag is Blulululu

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

ducky39101 posted:

Just started could i get an invite tag is Blulululu

You are cordially invited to join cone?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

"22:52:01 Charles Buconeski ♠ : I dislike swallowing
22:52:20 Lag 💲Bag : facial then? "

Grumpy seriously needs some more active mods...

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Spoils from WorldChat Wednesday

[GM] Thor muted PapaCowBoy for 45 minutes for obscene language.

[GM] Gix : There is zero tolerance for words that can be construed as the big bad f-word.
[GM] Thor warned Gizmo Duck for arguing with staff.

[GM] Thor : Discussing mutes is against the rules

[GM] Gix warned Charles Buconeski again and was muted for 45 minutes for inappropriate topics.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Do we have a documented minimums list anywhere? I know we've always loosely defined places we want minimum stock in place but it might be nice to document this somewhere. I found a project that a Dhara guy made on github that lets you define minimums and it uses your "My Stuff" page to scrape for data ONLY when you tell it to do so and only for that 1 page. It drops it all into a JSON that it uses to search from that point on until you tell it to replace it again. It only appears to pull from Guild Storages for totals but I haven't extensively tested that yet.

You can also use it to just show items:

I'm thinking we could make a read-only user that we could authenticate with to update the data every X minutes and publish it all to a statically hosted website. We might also be able to add the Amar Weekly Gains Visualization to it also.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

code:
http.NewRequest("GET", "http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/my_stuff", nil);
If I'm looking at the same github; this is could be "automation" by their idiotic definition.

But the API will be done any day now and we can have fun again. :ironicat:

Ignoranus posted:

Grumpy (the main dev) just posted in the in-game Announcements that automated skimming of the manual with scripts is a bannable offense. So there's that to keep in mind.

Just to open up my old wounds. (Dhara) has been skimming the manual and we can't have smilies? gently caress you amar.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

It wouldn't be automated skimming per say just a manual process to grab from the mystuff. At least in my logic :science:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
It is probably not too difficult to change it to parse a copy-paste instead of an http call

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Virigoth posted:

It wouldn't be automated skimming per say just a manual process to grab from the mystuff. At least in my logic :science:

Skimming is considered a script. Grumpy does not allow you to parse the website. You can copy and paste to parse though!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Virigoth posted:

like I said Grumpy has a really terrible, unfun, draconian, and inaccurate definition. imo this is not automation; he can ruin the game all he wants, I don't care.

Somehow he has convinced most of the players that copy-pasting the page is fine however, I don't get it.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
To play devil's advocate, copy-paste is an actual action made by a person. I think that's what it's about.

edit: if you want to see draconian, come spend a couple hours in movoda. Holy poo poo, that place is moderated like Leninist russia.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
I'll sign up later today, what rank is the guild at the moment?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Pruney posted:

I'll sign up later today, what rank is the guild at the moment?

11 I think?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If you've been mining / smithing and are looking for things to do I sat down with Xerol and outlined some "minimums" we think would work for us to have as a guild for iron/steel/elinvar and guessing about alluvium. We need ingots and production for all of the things listed here that are in negative quantities. This can be a nice project for miners/smiths of all levels or people who want to get into it as we have a big range of items that need crafted.

Missing Minimums table:

Depending on if people are working on it I can post an update in a few days on where we are at?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Chunjee posted:

like I said Grumpy has a really terrible, unfun, draconian, and inaccurate definition. imo this is not automation; he can ruin the game all he wants, I don't care.

Somehow he has convinced most of the players that copy-pasting the page is fine however, I don't get it.

If you don't like it, quit. Its amazing that goons (and others on the internet, granted) don't seem to acknowledge that they can just quit a game if they don't like it.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

And miss out on the printer troubleshooting chat? You're dreaming!

I'll consider quitting if the API isn't online this year.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Poultron posted:

lol at this nerd who thinks our problem is "make sure everyone contributes raw materials" and not "can we even build enough storages to hold this stupid pile of meat"

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Always remember meat mountain!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Fishing/Gathering does contribute to reducing meat mountain, through [[ items | bacon wrapped trout ]] and [[ items | stuffed peppers ]]. The key parts to this are:

1) Fishing trout whenever possible.
2) Growing basil and garlic. Tune your herb garden usage so you get about as much basil per day as you get trout, and fill the rest with garlic (which should be greater than the amount of basil).
3) Growing peppers. Stuffed peppers also require tomatoes, but there's always a 2:1 ratio of peppers to tomatoes needed in every dish that uses them, and hiking in DF gives equal numbers of peppers and tomatoes. Therefore growing peppers is required to balance the items out.

We've got a small pile of other projects to take care of first but we're going to have a project to demolish meat mountain pretty soon.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Needed an easy project to practice typescript and the chart logic was overcomplicated and disorganized. perfect!

Still trying to figure out how to get each bar labeled.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

what is the chart supposed to be illustrating?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bar graph of weekly XP gains, color-coded by skill

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

oldskool posted:

Bar graph of weekly XP gains, color-coded by skill

I don't see anyone getting over 1 million speed xp for the week. Closest is like 500-600k

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

:bird:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:bird:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

You can click the legend to hide/show certain categories.

For example if you just wanted to visualize Gathering:

Sadly there isn't a way to sort this from least to greatest yet.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
May I have an invite? Username is Hydlide.

desudrive fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 11, 2017

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

desudrive posted:

May I have an invite? Username is Hydlide.

Invite sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fresh Meat!