Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you've only ever played Miku on vita remember you actually have to calibrate your game on console, because vitas are all the same but tvs aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst part of that is Future Tone doesn't have any automatic calibration so you just have to keep guessing and adjusting it until it feels right, so I didn't bother and just got used to the lag.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

The worst part of that is Future Tone doesn't have any automatic calibration so you just have to keep guessing and adjusting it until it feels right, so I didn't bother and just got used to the lag.

Yes it does? Main Menu Options> Lag Config

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Minecraft was free on PSN by mistake one time but that's the only time I've ever seen that happen

amplitude was free for a bit but they fixed it. if you got it free during the mixup, you don't have it anymore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

download amplitude and then disconnect your system from the internet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saint Freak posted:

Yes it does? Main Menu Options> Lag Config

When I tried that all I could see was the option to adjust the lag compensation manually, maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anything interesting coming out in the next couple of months?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

n0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fate/Extella is out next week if you like that sort of thing. There's also a PS4 version though so it probably runs like rear end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Danganronpa V3 is coming in a couple months. I'm kind of excited for that. Romancing SaGa 2 is coming at some point and I'm sure the new Vita SaGa game will be Gio Corsi's Building the List thing for 2017.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wouldn't that be Dangonrampa 4?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Bhikkhuni's translator showed up on 4chan yesterday and aside of mentioning both Valkyrie Drive and Steins Gate 0 performing quite nicely, he mentioned that PQube is looking to bring more VN and Otome games to the Vita.

Finally more otoge titles overseas as 2016 was pretty empty except for Ozmafia (not good) and we haven't heard of any specific dates in 2017 yet.

Also, I hate mobile games.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Waltzing Along posted:

Atelier Shallie Plus in a week or so? Other than that... Nothing really.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Fate/Extella is out next week if you like that sort of thing. There's also a PS4 version though so it probably runs like rear end.

As per import reviews, both run really well apparently. PS4 doesn't look as good as it could though so it might have been made with the vita in mind vOv

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id rather a ps4 version look kind of bad than a vita version be unplayable

but yeah there's a vita port of fate/stay night and fate/hollow ataraxia and you can get fate/extra and fate/ccc off the psn store so it being made with vita in mind makes sense, 80% of the franchise is available on that one platform.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

id rather a ps4 version look kind of bad than a vita version be unplayable

but yeah there's a vita port of fate/stay night and fate/hollow ataraxia and you can get fate/extra and fate/ccc off the psn store so it being made with vita in mind makes sense, 80% of the franchise is available on that one platform.

Tbh, for games like Extella, I too would rather the handheld play well because I can't play musou/brawlers on anything else :v

I was super excited and then I remembered the other titles weren't localised for North Am on PSN :v

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 11, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Saoshyant posted:

Now that I think about it, I ended up never playing the Uncharted game. Not anime enough.
The final boss is a guy you have to screen-swipe to death with your finger.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is extella good or what. i may have asked this before

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SelenicMartian posted:

just so long as you don't have to hold him up to the light

that horseshit never worked

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

so break out the bath mat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

is extella good or what. i may have asked this before

extella seems decent. it doesnt have the problems a lot of third-rate musou clones have, like stages taking too long or there not being that many enemies on screen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean even good Musou games have stages take forever, it just seems to be a thing with the format.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

SelenicMartian posted:

Which was less stupid than the rest of the Uncharted bosses.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Waltzing Along posted:

Wouldn't that be Dangonrampa 4?

I'm not too sure on the naming convention but it's called V3 yet it's an entirely new storyline allegedly not related to the previous games. Series is weird enough without having to figure out sequel numbers.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

Which was less stupid than the rest of the Uncharted bosses.

Uncharted 4 has a good final boss fight

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

I'm not too sure on the naming convention but it's called V3 yet it's an entirely new storyline allegedly not related to the previous games. Series is weird enough without having to figure out sequel numbers.

Having nothing to do with the post-2 expanded universe can only be a good thing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Help Im Alive posted:

Uncharted 4 has a good final boss fight

It took me a while to figure out which slices were left and right but it was pretty fun. Also mocking you if you die was a neat touch.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
was Shovel Knight a good port?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'd say it was, played it without any issues on the vita

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

It took me a while to figure out which slices were left and right but it was pretty fun. Also mocking you if you die was a neat touch.

The enemies giving you poo poo when you die is the worst part of Uncharted for me. It's not so bad when it's an occasional death but the mook spam in the first game got really frustrating in a couple of places and I was saying some stuff back to the TV when it started up with Madame Cleo "HE NOT SOOCH A BEEG MAN NOW"for the tenth time in as many minutes.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
As someone who finished every Uncharted game on Crushing, I can verify that its basically the Duck Hunt of this generation.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Not Operator posted:

As someone who finished every Uncharted game on Crushing, I can verify that its basically the Duck Hunt of this generation.

I've been thinking about going back and doing a crushing run on Golden Abyss. How frustrating can it get? Any cheap areas that you can remember?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

BisterdDave posted:

I've been thinking about going back and doing a crushing run on Golden Abyss. How frustrating can it get? Any cheap areas that you can remember?

I remember the section where you're running away from gunfire took me days to get past. It was loving misery and just made worse by it not being a typical climby-shooty section where you can try to come up with different approaches when the first one fails. Its just doing the exact same thing repeatedly until fate decides this run is the winner.

Other than that, I don't remember it being as bad as any of the PS3/4 games, which are actual anti-fun on crushing, and even worse on whatever the new remake difficulty is (brutal?)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Golden Abyss is not that hard on Crushing if you keep the biggest guns in your pockets at all times.

The final boss QTE gets crazy though, especially in that part where you can't make a single mistake.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/819537068355358720

I find it amazing there was someone reporting sales.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who buys physical vita games though

And it probably doesn't help that the vita section in game stores is usually like a tiny shelf in the corner

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

And it probably doesn't help that the vita section in game stores is usually like a tiny shelf in the corner

Collectors and people who think the games will still be playable after the update servers go down along with the game download servers.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/819537068355358720

I find it amazing there was someone reporting sales.

tbf one of the more popular games (digimon cyber slueth) was digital only, and im sure its not the only one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who can't afford the insane amount sony charged for memory cards aka everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah let's give that thing the same shelf space as the PS4 and watch how it continues to not sell a combined 100k in one year.