Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192MqwqqzrU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Advance Wars was fun, so yeah more if that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope it comes with a stylus so I can play picross on it.

Cause Picross E series on the 3DS is like my favourite thing.

That and drawing BIG OLD DICKS

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bloodychill posted:

Advance Wars was fun, so yeah more if that.

You know what else is fun? Reading, and community service. You sound reconsider your priorities.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lemming posted:

You know what else is fun? Reading, and community service. You sound reconsider your priorities.

Community service isn't fun. It's hard, rewarding work and you have to deal with terrible people to get anything done.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Has anyone posted this yet, it's the top review on UK Amazon for the switch.

quote:

My name is Luke, I am a time traveller from the year 2020. In 2017 Nintendo launched their new console: the Nintendo switch… one month later, in a shock announcement, Sega announced the Dreamcast 2. The release of the “Dreamiercast” created a rift right through the gaming community, thus beginning the second Nintendo vs Sega war….

Everyone picked a side. It was calm in the beginning, just the usual Facebook keyboard battles… “Mario is just a fat plumber who can’t run fast”…”Sonic can’t even fix a boiler”… admittedly these arguments were not the most creative…

Sadly, things quickly escalated into violence in the streets. Over the last 3 years I’ve lost many… too many to count. I was in my underground bunker, hoping that the roof would continue to hold through the next round of bombings. I was alone… I couldn’t let anyone else see my dark secret… a secret I was too scared to reveal… I owned both consoles. I thought it was logical, that way I could play all the best games, surely I could be on both sides right?

I wasn’t the only one. Phil owned both too, he shouted about it to everyone, claiming he’d found enlightenment. Instead of becoming the saviour he believed himself to be, he became the enemy to both sides, and they (literally) ripped him apart in the streets.

I knew I had to do something… to find a way to save everyone. The only way was to go back in time and stop the Dreamiercast from ever launching. It was too late for the switch, Nintendo would just do something else, but it wouldn’t take much to stop Sega and convince them they should stay as software developers.

Using components from both consoles I created a time machine. I travelled back to 2015 and went straight to Sega with a new idea- Sonic Mania. The idea was so genius that they immediately abandoned project Dreamiercast and put all their resources into Sonic Mania. The war was prevented, I saved everyone.

Sadly, as the Dreamiercast no longer exists in your future, my time machine has ceased to exist also, meaning I have been trapped in your time ever since.

I thought I was the only one… until now. Seeing these 70+ reviews for the Nintendo switch has made me realise that there must have been others who have also tried the console and then travelled back in time and left a review of what it was like. To you all I say- hello my brothers, I am sure you fought well. Together we will help shape a more united future.

Anyway, I’ve gone off track from my review… the Nintendo switch was a fun console - 3/5.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Today is going to be so painful

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I still have one night left to sleep. :negative:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Good. Kill eight of the remaining eighteen hours.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Current mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkyn-zSXfrQ but replace every instance of the word "space" with "switch"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Community service isn't fun. It's hard, rewarding work and you have to deal with terrible people to get anything done.

Convincing schizophrenic and depressive homeless people to get free medical treatment was the toughest regular community work I did. Satisfying as hell. Not sure community service has to to do with the Nintendo Switch though. Are they making a game about that?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Convincing schizophrenic and depressive homeless people to get free medical treatment was the toughest regular community work I did. Satisfying as hell. Not sure community service has to to do with the Nintendo Switch though. Are they making a game about that?

You're good people, bloodychill.

Anyway, I just want to point out, that the time between the presentation and the Switch launch is less than the time between the initial reveal and the presentation. We're in the home stretch, get hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_7FdXET23Q

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Rexroom posted:

Same, I have to get through a day of work, then have a football match, then have to go home and sleep.

I'll probably just get up a bit early for work and watch it, rather than getting up at 4am. Do we know how long it is?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I'll probably just get up a bit early for work and watch it, rather than getting up at 4am. Do we know how long it is?

Unknown. People are saying an hour.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

4am is when I have to get up for work, so I'll be spending the first hour trying to check for updates while no one is looking.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Niconico says an hour

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
I thought I read that they'd be going straight from the presentation to live Treehouse gameplay. Which would be great.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Jables88 posted:

I thought I read that they'd be going straight from the presentation to live Treehouse gameplay. Which would be great.

Treehouse is a separate stream that will be running all day the day after.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

when you get your switch are you gonna press the 'make anime real' button first, or press the 'full length AAA waluigi game' first?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I KNOW

Who's the dude holding up the circuit board?

isn't that the dude from nVidia?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYpz3abAk98

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/819440702971117568

I hope so...

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

With the 32 basic, 16 DLC and 16 New this would be 64 tracks, easily the most of any MK game ever.

Also, she's claiming that the port will have a new battle mode, which probably means an actual battle mode unlike the lovely one they tacked on.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
15 hours remain, ladies and gentlemen

Also I would like to claim all the rights for making the next Switch thread after the presentation

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Cyron posted:

the wii was the only nintendo console where it didn't launch with a mario game.

Uh, Gamecube?

nodadchad
Feb 11, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I thought it was tonight as well, but according to the youtube stream it is tomorrow night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4YrHReUh50

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Also I would like to claim all the rights for making the next Switch thread after the presentation

Wait for lauuuuuunch. But alright.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

nodadchad posted:

I thought it was tonight as well, but according to the youtube stream it is tomorrow night...

That's probably from the convention after the presentation. The presentation starts in 15 hours time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I want to preorder god DAMNIT

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Preorder one in Australia. They'll probably be region free.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

nodadchad posted:

I believe this is the link to tonight's stream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

stop it i can't contain my excitement

people at work are starign

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have to drive my folks to the airport at 7 in the morning I'll probably just drive to my GameStop after that and wait till they open and line up if I see others doing it

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm glued to this thread starting in an hour because I can't actually watch the treehouse at work :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Merry Switchmas everyone less than 17 hours

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm glued to this thread starting in an hour because I can't actually watch the treehouse at work :v:

The treehouse is tomorrow, friend :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how long I have to wait in line in the morning..

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'LL TAKE 12

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dr Cheeto posted:

The treehouse is tomorrow, friend :)

? I'm watching it right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The presentation opens. A hunched figure in a concealing black robe lurches to the podium. There's a brief pause, then the lights go out and the dark figure begins to cackle. A suseruss of anxious murmurs spreads through the crowd.

"Oh god," a man cries. "It's not Nintendo Switch, it's Nintendo's witch!"

A blaze of fire lights the auditorium in which throws back her Hood. She points at the man in the crowd and he is instantly turned into a Toad. The doors to the room lock as the Nintendo Witches broom appears in front of her. She grabs on and takes flight. Green smoke and orange fire pop and flare. Outside of the room it's hard to hear the screams, but YouTube captures all of this pretty well. 3.5/5

• Locked thread