Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I agree with the first sentence but that's how consoles launch buddy.

I guess it can't be as bad as WiiU's launch. Splatoon, MK8, a 3D Mario, and Zelda are a better linuep than another NSMB, Mass Effect 3 Gimped Edition, Darksiders 2, and AssCreed3.

ethanol posted:

this is unsettling
how so, 16 more new tracks or more is nuts. that brings up the total to like 64 from 48 total, the biggest assortment ever by a country mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tender Bender posted:

Pokémon Stars in fall.
I was with you til this point, i would eat my hat if they announced a console Pokemon RPG

Only if I could find a nacho hat though

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just needs 5 more tracks

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What the gently caress? Who thought it would be a good idea to put the face buttons in the middle like that? Who designed either of these things?

The layout wouldn't make sense in the normal controller configuration otherwise, I guess. It's almost as if the Joy-Cons are an ill-conceived gimmick to begin with.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK, my dream launch title would be Super Mario Super All Stars Switch.

It contains SMB, SMB2, SMB2lostlevels, SMB3, SMW, SML, SML2, SMW2 Yoshi's Island. nSMB1 nSMB2CoinWorld.

And all of the older ones done up like their SNES counterparts. And it would be on memory as part of the OS.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Link and Mario's Speciale Adventure

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

CrashCat posted:

I was with you til this point, i would eat my hat if they announced a console Pokemon RPG

it's a portable

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CrashCat posted:

It would be stupid if they didn't do it. Pokemon Sun/Moon runs like trash on a regular 3DS, and the Pokemon models are HD-ready.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I guess it can't be as bad as WiiU's launch. Splatoon, MK8, a 3D Mario, and Zelda are a better linuep than another NSMB, Mass Effect 3 Gimped Edition, Darksiders 2, and AssCreed3.

how so, 16 more new tracks or more is nuts. that brings up the total to like 64 from 48 total, the biggest assortment ever by a country mile.

Dont forget Nintendoland.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

The layout wouldn't make sense in the normal controller configuration otherwise, I guess. It's almost as if the Joy-Cons are an ill-conceived gimmick to begin with.

Then the directional pad and stick should have been further apart :colbert:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Surely it's only a matter of time before they launch a Pokemon game for Switch. 3DS is going bye-bye, Wii U is in cold storage and the mobile games are about as deep as they can be. If it's not Stars, it'll be the next gen of mainline Pokemon game on Switch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If Nintendo drops this for $300 it will do well, if they manage $250 they might as well start printing money.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pretty sure Pokemon Stars is a hard confirm from various sources as a thing happening this year. makes way too much sense not to happen

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"They're getting rid of their dedicated portable console that's been keeping the company afloat, in favor of the new dedicated home console!"

lmao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

spit on my clit posted:

"They're getting rid of their dedicated portable console that's been keeping the company afloat, in favor of the new dedicated home console!"

lmao

That is also portable!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can it play 3ds cartridges

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ethanol posted:

Can it play 3ds cartridges

Yes. It can also play gamecube games and all games except Playstation and Xbox games.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What the gently caress? Who thought it would be a good idea to put the face buttons in the middle like that? Who designed either of these things?

Because these things are designed to be a normal combined controller first and the split controllers is a bonus for small Multiplayer games.

You aren't going to be playing like zelda or anything with those things.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

OK, my dream launch title would be Super Mario Super All Stars Switch.

It contains SMB, SMB2, SMB2lostlevels, SMB3, SMW, SML, SML2, SMW2 Yoshi's Island. nSMB1 nSMB2CoinWorld.

And all of the older ones done up like their SNES counterparts. And it would be on memory as part of the OS.
If they did this it would be only as a special edition console for like $100 more and implemented via a download code that expires midway through 2017, or however long it takes to be invalid just before scalpers stop strangling supply

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ColdPie posted:

it's a portable
poo poo, hoist by my own petard

at least I won't have to find a nacho hat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrashCat posted:

If they did this it would be only as a special edition console for like $100 more and implemented via a download code that expires midway through 2017, or however long it takes for scalpers to stop strangling supply

It would be the greatest console ever. All that gaming in all those styles.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Every time I think of a way that Nintendo could sell more switches they don't do that thing

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ethanol posted:

Every time I think of Nintendo they don't do that thing

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

spit on my clit posted:

lmao

The 3DS has grossly outdated hardware, and considering that the Switch is probably going to have about the same level of third-party support their previous console had, they can't afford to split game development across two platforms.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY SWITCH INTO THE DOCK. ITS MARIO SWITCH AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MARIO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME MUSHROOM BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM'S MOST DANGEROUS DINOSAUR. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE YAHOOS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if we're talking about insanely stupid things that would help inspire a purchase, I'd absolutely be stoked if Ogre Battle 64 appeared on the Switch/WiiU whatever eShop so I could play it literally anywhere

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

It would be the best launch lineup in gaming history, and it's not particularly close. Here's hoping!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ethanol posted:

Every time I think Nintendon't

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dear Nintendo,

Pikmin Switch please. I'm preordering this poo poo regardless of what happens tonight unless you have to i dunno give up a gallon of blood on purchase or something and even then I'd probably think really hard about that and then jab the needle in my own arm to get the blood out but it would be really nice if there was a new Pikmin game.

god bless

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pikmin Prime announced

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Metroid: Witch S

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TaurusOxford posted:

The 3DS has grossly outdated hardware, and considering that the Switch is probably going to have about the same level of third-party support their previous console had, they can't afford to split game development across two platforms.

so they should abandon making their games work on the old 3ds so that they can focus on making them work better on the new 3ds?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bayonetta : Witch S

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

well why not posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY SWITCH INTO THE DOCK. ITS MARIO SWITCH AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MARIO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME MUSHROOM BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM'S MOST DANGEROUS DINOSAUR. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE YAHOOS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

This but Zelda.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ethanol posted:

Every time I think of a way that Nintendo could sell more switches they don't do that thing

*Bill Trinen translation voice* have you ever marketed a game?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

well why not posted:

Bayonetta : Witch S

This is much better than mine!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

*Bill Trinen translation voice* have you ever marketed a game?

I'm just saying I would be more intrigued if I could play the 3ds games on it. I might just get a second hand 3ds because I want to play that Zelda game

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
We need another Donkey Kong game.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's very exciting to think, as we speak, Reggie is being edged by his black-and-red cloaked attendants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I don't know why people think that there won't be a port of Pokémon Sun/Moon. People who have dug around in the files found that models and textures are HD ready and the graphics are down graded from another version to run on the 3DS

• Locked thread