Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the gb quicklook of gravity rush two is unwatchable. i feel bad for the game jason played it so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Super No Vacancy posted:

weekender girl is one of her best songs soooooo

there are two 100+ track packs or you can buy them both together, those are the only ways to buy it

Ah ok, I figured it was something like that but the pack names in the insane store are just named "colorful tone" and "future sound" but then there's also "unlock key" which sounds important.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Weekender Girl sold me on the game. I don't even remember the other one that was there but I guess I didn't like it.

As it is now I think I have about 25 songs favorited. Some are because I like the song, some are because of the video, and some are because the inputs are weird and fun. Maybe it's not a huge percentage of the total but overall it's some of the best gaming yens I have spent.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the unlock key just gives you all the outfits right away but you can just get them in game. theyre called modules yeah i guess thats confusing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

the gb quicklook of gravity rush two is unwatchable. i feel bad for the game jason played it so badly

What should good Gravity Rush 2 gameplay look like

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

melancholic is the best track overall imo

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Musical taste is obviously very subjective. Weekender Girl just has a generic jpop sound to me while the other weirdly named one has a bit more of a rock aesthetic to it and plays with the offbeats a lot, albeit with a very repetitive motif.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Just finished Last Guardian. Very good game, Trico is ridiculously adorable fluffy goofball. Love when he just gets tired of my poo poo, picks me up and throws me to his back. Kinda sad I missed the caught in the act trophy though :(

Shame it's bugged with big frame rate drops. Like some scenes were sub 15 frames.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, yeah I missed that one too, I thought it would be obvious, since the percentage was about the same as the game completion one but I never saw it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (that is, Dream Drop Distance HD plus a few extras) just came out in Japan. If I completely lost grasp of the story around the middle of 2 to the point where it was just a constant stream of nonsense threatening to overcome my brain and never bought any of the games after that, would this one help or hurt that situation?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 12, 2017

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Hah, yeah I missed that one too, I thought it would be obvious, since the percentage was about the same as the game completion one but I never saw it.

Apparently it frequently happens in the last roof. I was too late and were left with only the yellow aftermath :mad:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Zipperelli. posted:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but how the gently caress is Ark, currently an early access game on steam, currently selling for $55 on PS4?

Not only that, there's loving DLC? How in the gently caress is there DLC on an unfinished game?

What the poo poo?

People are willing to spend money on early access stuff. I stopped buying that stuff when a early access game went a completely different direction than when I first bought it

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (that is, Dream Drop Distance HD plus a few extras) just came out in Japan. If I completely lost grasp of the story around the middle of 2 to the point where it was just a constant stream of nonsense threatening to overcome my brain and never bought any of the games after that, would this one help or hurt that situation?

Having no idea what is going on in the story is the natural state of playing Kingdom Hearts.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finished bf1 campaign on hard. Some meh missions after the great flying one, runner one was terrible save for the kiwi line, and really did not expect an almost exact copy of V to break out there, minus the flying fists.

Currently listening to a great rendition of waltzing matilda in the credits. I'm homesick for Oz :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

Having no idea what is going on in the story is the natural state of playing Kingdom Hearts.
I had no idea what was going on in Kentucky Route Zero but I loved it. Not so with KH.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Understanding KH probably just makes it even worse

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Someone post that kingdom hearts Google Doc.

Basically its all hearts all the way down.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ineffiable posted:

Yes, Please. I can't find it anywhere.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ineffiable posted:

The doc has been deleted. You can find it on weird pay sites but it seems someone is deliberately trying to make it hard to find, maybe whoever wrote it. In any case, I found this while searching for it and it sums up things pretty nicely:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Someone tell me why I can't find World is Mine in Future Tone!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lQMXyNUmDs

:five:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that's a class ad

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

loving cats. making GBS threads on the stairs, clawing up your furniture, inverting all known laws of physics on a whim.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wendell posted:

Someone tell me why I can't find World is Mine in Future Tone!

I dunno what to say other than that it is there; I am looking at it right now. It's part of Colorful Tone.

Edit: the Japanese version though. Is it possible that some songs didn't make it through some American licensing snafus or something?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 12, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sefal posted:

Yes, Please. I can't find it anywhere.

I have it backed up somewhere, I think.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno what to say other than that it is there; I am looking at it right now. It's part of Colorful Tone.

Edit: the Japanese version though. Is it possible that some songs didn't make it through some American licensing snafus or something?

I sorted alphabetically and went to the W section, but it wasn't there! I am scared that your edit might be right.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Wendell posted:

I sorted alphabetically and went to the W section, but it wasn't there! I am scared that your edit might be right.
In the English version they've named it The World is Mine and the game doesn't ignore The when sorting alphabetically, so it's under T.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thank you! The day is saved.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Actually starting up Future Tone I guess I have 60 songs favorited. When did it become so many?

Anyway Like the Wind is obviously the best. I don't like any of the other remixes of old Sega games though. Also the last song I was able to beat on normal, just a few days ago, was Den-Paradigm, because it is made by animals.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
If they added DLC to get the Diva X songs into Future Tone, that would be awesome. I love "Ai Dee" and "Urotander" and a few other songs from that game.

I'm still real bad at this game, but it's fun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Actually starting up Future Tone I guess I have 60 songs favorited. When did it become so many?

Anyway Like the Wind is obviously the best. I don't like any of the other remixes of old Sega games though. Also the last song I was able to beat on normal, just a few days ago, was Den-Paradigm, because it is made by animals.

After Burner is one of the best songs in the game, friend.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I really don't get my TV sometimes. I usually have it to set to Dynamic mode, as opposed to Standard. But every now and then the mode will change and I'll go into the settings and find it switched or find that Dynamic has disappeared. The other day, not only had it disappeared, but a brand new one had taken its place and that's what the TV was set to. "Entertaining" mode. It's super obvious because once I get used to a game any changes in colour or contrast or brightness jump out as soon as I turn on the TV/boot up the game. And it's not like this is a smart TV or it's hooked up to the Internet in any way. It's not receiving any updates.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Did I miss a link or were you referring to something someone said? I'd be interested in knowing more.

Haha yeah helps if I remember the link. https://youtu.be/6hxEUm-pHUE

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Takoluka posted:

After Burner is one of the best songs in the game, friend.

It's so good.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Seriously considering popping on GameStop's trade in deal of $175 for a PS4 toward a PS4 Pro.

Does anyone have a list of the things I need to do in order to deactivate, deauthorize, and basically wipe this thing before I hand it over to GameStop?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

Dream Drop Distance is pretty backloaded as far as meaningful story content goes apart from some short cutscenes involving Axel that pop up every so often, but when it hits there are a fair amount of plot points related to Birth By Sleep. The new .2 content is completely reliant on knowledge of BBS. You can probably find some cutscenes compilations on YouTube to catch up.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Haha yeah helps if I remember the link. https://youtu.be/6hxEUm-pHUE

Unsurprisingly over my head in many parts but really cool!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

J-Spot posted:

Dream Drop Distance is pretty backloaded as far as meaningful story content goes apart from some short cutscenes involving Axel that pop up every so often, but when it hits there are a fair amount of plot points related to Birth By Sleep. The new .2 content is completely reliant on knowledge of BBS. You can probably find some cutscenes compilations on YouTube to catch up.

I've read the product description of 2.8 and how much actual game is there? Or are people paying $60 for a bunch of anime cutscenes

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Lakbay posted:

I've read the product description of 2.8 and how much actual game is there? Or are people paying $60 for a bunch of anime cutscenes

It's an HD remaster of a 3DS game, an entirely (very short) new game, and a feature-length anime cutscene CG movie, all in one convenient package.

Edit: the 3DS game is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
The gameplay of Dream Drop Distance is pretty good. but it suffers from being uninteresting until the last world. Where the game finally decides to let plot happen.