Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
So, the person who keeps voting for minutemen? It's me. Remember what I said about Skadeglädje/schadenfreude? Yeah, that.

Oh, and in Sweden the alcohol abuse problem was solved with systembolaget

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

This was bugging me, since ethanol is the good one.

Methanol - Wood alcohol, just has one carbon, makes you go blind. Also makes pigs blind due to similar biochemistry to humans, and a good way to test if your bathtub gin is going to kill people. Also why there was a bar called "The Blind Pig" in my hometown for many years until the city made them change it. Not really used in rubbing alcohol.

Ethanol - The good one (meaning you can drink it and not have immediate adverse affects), 2 carbons, also the cure for methanol or isopropanol poisoning. If you do accidentally drink methanol or isopropanol, the EMT's will hook an IV of everclear up to you to keep you from dying or going blind.

Isopropanol - This is what's more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, 3 carbons with the alcohol bonded to the middle one. Anyone of them will work, but this is the one they use right now as methanol can be absorbed through the skin a lot better than this which makes it more dangerous.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
The Adventures of Deacon Part 2: Railroad Boogaloo

http://i.imgur.com/TQhz2n5.webm

http://i.imgur.com/BfwsjxU.webm

http://i.imgur.com/TUJ6X10.webm

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 102:thx:

The railway is clear for the Railroad to use, so now we've got to see about building that teleporter. Molecular Relay. Whatever. Tinker Tom can help but we need a bunch of parts, some of which are back in Sanctuary. For the last standout we need to go on a field trip to a hospital we've already visited once which has inexplicably been repopulated by Raiders. After that we make our first attempt at building the machine... which does not go well.

Thesaya posted:

So, the person who keeps voting for minutemen? It's me. Remember what I said about Skadeglädje/schadenfreude? Yeah, that.

Oh, and in Sweden the alcohol abuse problem was solved with systembolaget

Well, you'll probably enjoy the next two episodes after this one.

seaborgium posted:

This was bugging me, since ethanol is the good one.

Methanol - Wood alcohol, just has one carbon, makes you go blind. Also makes pigs blind due to similar biochemistry to humans, and a good way to test if your bathtub gin is going to kill people. Also why there was a bar called "The Blind Pig" in my hometown for many years until the city made them change it. Not really used in rubbing alcohol.

Ethanol - The good one (meaning you can drink it and not have immediate adverse affects), 2 carbons, also the cure for methanol or isopropanol poisoning. If you do accidentally drink methanol or isopropanol, the EMT's will hook an IV of everclear up to you to keep you from dying or going blind.

Isopropanol - This is what's more commonly known as rubbing alcohol, 3 carbons with the alcohol bonded to the middle one. Anyone of them will work, but this is the one they use right now as methanol can be absorbed through the skin a lot better than this which makes it more dangerous.

Science! Thanks for the details and the explanation.

How appropriate that Railroad Boogaloo came along immediately before episode 102. Deacon goes where he wants, physics be damned.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I am looking forward to your misery then. :keke:

And I am so happy you put that dress on Curie. The second I saw it I was mentally urging you to put it on her. It's perfect.
Also, Nancy, the cream dress is perfect for Curie not just for the classiness but the very fact that when she goes shanking she will look badass with blood all over it.

Also also, are you going to show the fanart you got?

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 6, 2017

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Thesaya posted:

Thesaya we trusted you

:negative:

CallmeQueen
Jan 2, 2017

Nancy here.... Oh. My. God! This is beautiful. I literally :roflolmao:. How the hell did you know that my favorite dress color was pink?

Thesaya posted:

And I am so happy you put that dress on Curie. The second I saw it I was mentally urging you to put it on her. It's perfect.
Also, Nancy, the cream dress is perfect for Curie not just for the classiness but the very fact that when she goes shanking she will look badass with blood all over it.

I thought that Curie would get more mileage out of the red dress, but I can totally see where you are coming from with the cream dress. It is an easy way to take trophies as she shanks her way across the commonwealth. Kind of like Carrie's prom dress.

I think we will put the fanart up when the LP gets to that point, unless it has already. In which case, damnit Codsworth why didn't we know this. Remember to pick up some fine grade sand so you can rub it into your eyes later!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
Side note, I just realized I forgot something in today's update. That would be the link to the next companion poll, which can be found here.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 103:thx:

Today we create the Molecular Relay without any glitches, so it's time to... completely ignore it and go off to see Preston. Instead of a settlement that needs our help, he's got an empty settlement area that needs the feral ghouls currently inhabiting it to be exterminated. Some Rust Devils try to crash the party, but we actually get our real goal at the end - next update, we assault The Castle.

Voting continues at the next companion poll here.

Thesaya posted:

We might just keep her in the dress, based on these unassailable arguments. But I'm going to say red dress for Cait and sequined dress for Piper. Based on us transitioning to the Minutemen we must be past the point where the art came up. This is what ultrabindu sketched during the stream:

ultrabindu posted:

Thesaya we trusted you

:negative:

I can confirm that she owns a long dress that is almost exactly that shade of pink. I don't recall it having a tie or a double lair of skirt, but otherwise very similar. The image looks like an amazing album cover.

As you can see with tomorrow's episode, the payoff with the Minutemen is actually a pretty fun mission storming an old fort.

CallmeQueen posted:

I think we will put the fanart up when the LP gets to that point, unless it has already. In which case, damnit Codsworth why didn't we know this. Remember to pick up some fine grade sand so you can rub it into your eyes later!

I think this was a better threat when he had three eyes, before we put an Assaultron head on so that he only has one sensor.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

CallmeQueen posted:

Nancy here.... Oh. My. God! This is beautiful. I literally :roflolmao:. How the hell did you know that my favorite dress color was pink?

:laffo:
Lucky guess I suppose. You seemed like a pink kind of person.
Beautiful is certainly one way of describing it.

ddegenha posted:

I can confirm that she owns a long dress that is almost exactly that shade of pink. I don't recall it having a tie or a double lair of skirt, but otherwise very similar. The image looks like an amazing album cover.

I think you've got the beginnings of new urban legend. The pink attired Cannibal Nancy.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 104:thx:

Today we're going to, in the words of Miracle Max, have fun storming the Castle. But to storm the Castle we have to find the Castle, and there's some raiders, super mutants, and a con artist in our way. When we get there the drat thing is full of Mirelurks, so we're going to Not Count Bullets and in the end some Borax & Sugar is called for but we clear it out. We finally have some place to send Preston, and all it costs us is a couple more quests from him.

Also, every vote still counts here.

ultrabindu posted:

I think you've got the beginnings of new urban legend. The pink attired Cannibal Nancy.

I'm thinking a companion piece to Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The level up you used made me think, Bloody Mess and the Richochet one might actually work for Archer. I mean, Brett did have that amazing ricochet to hit him, and Archer does seem to cause lots of mayhem.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ddegenha posted:

I'm thinking a companion piece to Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.

Headless Roland is going to look mighty silly in a pink ballgown. He's really more of an Autumn.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

seaborgium posted:

The level up you used made me think, Bloody Mess and the Richochet one might actually work for Archer. I mean, Brett did have that amazing ricochet to hit him, and Archer does seem to cause lots of mayhem.

Well, we don't want to run the risk of making Archer too competent. Ricochet is a good shout. I feel old Sterling should be winning by shear force of incompetence.

E:

We haven't really focused on the level ups much. Dave/Nancy you should give us a rundown of what's available, what's useful and what's worthless.

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 9, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 105:thx:

Today we're fulfilling some of your fondest wishes and evolving Codsworth into Beastworth... at least as much as we can given a limited supply of parts and our limited scientific knowledge. He also needs to be tested once upgrades are complete, and we just so happen to have some Minutemen quests lying around so if he screws it up we don't care. A bit unwieldy in tight spaces, but I think he actually did fairly well.

Of course, this means he's out of the running for this week's stream, but you can still vote on who we're going to take here.

seaborgium posted:

Hmm, there's something to this. Especially the Ricochet. I recall that getting ricocheted was pretty much Brett's thing, and it could be really useful considering our superhuman luck. We're getting to the point now where we can actually do fun perks rather than just what you need to actually play the game.

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Headless Roland is going to look mighty silly in a pink ballgown. He's really more of an Autumn.

Y'know, judging from general skin tone on the rest of his body since it's not like you can look and see if his cheeks need more blush.

ultrabindu posted:

Well, we don't want to run the risk of making Archer too competent. Ricochet is a good shout. I feel old Sterling should be winning by shear force of incompetence.

E:

We haven't really focused on the level ups much. Dave/Nancy you should give us a rundown of what's available, what's useful and what's worthless.

We might have already reached the competency threshhold there and it'll only get worse as we level up, but we can still have fun with it. A rundown of what's available might be nice, we could do that as part of the stream when we get a level up this week.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
...I want to send you a recipe for proper Swedish meatballs. Our Christmas ones had half ground moose, half ground beef in them and were easy as hell.

I would not call meatballs made in a pressure cooker Swedish.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I like that you were talking about cooking failures as you were assembling BurnsWorth.
Taint chat was a excellent way to finish the video.
The anatomical name of the taint is the Perineum, and yes both men and women have it.

Thesaya posted:

...I want to send you a recipe for proper Swedish meatballs. Our Christmas ones had half ground moose, half ground beef in them and were easy as hell.

Yeah, you're gonna need to post that in the thread, stat, Thesaya.

Cyborg Cannibal Nancy

What hast thou wrought?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

ultrabindu posted:

Yeah, you're gonna need to post that in the thread, stat, Thesaya.

Alright then!

for eight people;

2 large onions
500g moose mince
500g beef mince
1dl full fat cream
1dl milk
1dl breadcrumbs
3tsp salt
2 eggs
1½tsp sugar
2ml black pepper or (according to google) allspice/pimenta (I'd go with 1½black pepper ½allspice)
1tsp sugar
butter for frying
if you want,
2tblsps mustard (not dijon)
1tsp sugar
butter for frying

Cut onions into tiny pieces and fry until soft and let cool
Mix milk, cream and breadcrumbs and let swell for 10 min
mix mince with eggs, salt, allspice/pepper and sugar and possibly mustard
mix onions with breadcrumbs and add to mince

make a small meatball and fry for a taste test, add spices accordingly.

rinse a cutting board with water (or, preferably, use a wooden one that has soaked in water), have a bowl of water available. dip hands in water and roll meatballs and put them on a board. When I was little, it was our job to roll balls while mum or grandma fried them, otherwise just make enough for a pan and roll continuously while frying. Make sure to keep you hands wet but not enough to make the mince soggy.
Put finished meatballs in a casserole dish or something, once they are nicely coloured, you can put them in the oven for a bit to finish, make sure you pour fluid into it so they stay moist.

Now, in Sweden, Christmas dinner is a smörgåsbord (weirdest loanword you have you guys, it's amusing,) so they were not served with condiments, but if you want them as the classic Swedish meal, you go on to;
pour most of the fluid back into the frying pan and sprinkle flour onto it (or use corn flour or similar). Add cream and mushroom soy sauce and spices to taste. Bring to a boil then take off heat.

Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and lingonberry jam.

If you don't want the Christmas version, just exchange the moose for either pork mince (beef/pork mince is a staple of Swedish cooking and is sold mixed in stores,) or more beef, and the allspice for just black pepper.

I used a recipe from the internet to get the measurements, the making of meatballs is from memory, so I apologise if I those instructions are unclear. I remember especially grandma admonishing me for wetting my hands after every meatball and making them soggy...
We usually just used black pepper for ours, but mustard and allspice are both tasty things that adds good taste. You can go with less cream and more milk, I couldn't remember what we used for ours, actually think we might have used just milk, but since I don't have the actual recipe and can't ask grandma or mum I went with the ingredients from the closest thing from my memory I could find.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 10, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 106:thx:

Today we're taking Beastworth out again on a more delicate task, rescuing a kidnapped settler. Hopefully he doesn't accidentally run her over or something. I'm also not sure why raiders would bother kidnapping someone in exchange for a tiny ransom when for little to no additional risk they could just sack the settlement and take everything inside, but that's their business and not mine. Once we track the raiders to a fortified bunker and crack it like an egg we find a neat little story showing that even raiders have families, as well as some evidence we're having a direct influence on the development of even little stories like this. I mean, one of the participants is dead by the time we find out about it, but it's not like we could have been friends anyway.

Thesaya posted:

Thesaya posted:

Alright then!

How to Properly Swedish a Meatball

That actually sounds really good... we might end up putting that on the grocery list for this weekend and trying it before the stream after Wednesday's. I think moose might be a bit hard to find, so pork it shall be. We saw some elk the other day but they were still on the hoof and we're not going to change that. We do have the lingonberry jam, and I think half of the disappointment was not getting to use it.

ultrabindu posted:

I like that you were talking about cooking failures as you were assembling BurnsWorth.
Taint chat was a excellent way to finish the video.
The anatomical name of the taint is the Perineum, and yes both men and women have it.

Cyborg Cannibal Nancy

What hast thou wrought?

Burnsworth is a good subtitle, since he did not become the beast we'd hoped for. We discussed our cooking failure while failing to construct a robot.

I suppose you could say 'tain't right what we were talking about. Although, on a related note, do cyborg cannibals eat cybernetic limbs or just the fleshy bits? Might have that discussion on the Stream.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

Although, on a related note, do cyborg cannibals eat cybernetic limbs or just the fleshy bits? Might have that discussion on the Stream.

Let's just say that no part of the Robobrain goes to waste.

Do you find it strange that the Minutemen quests give a money reward? I think that's kind of weird given the narrative the game's writers are trying to establish. It goes from you and Preston trying to create a coherent defense for settlers to 'pay up or fend for yourselves'. Maybe Preston is the one causing the raids and this is just one giant protection racket.

Thesaya posted:

A Meatball Magnificence

Thesaya when you buy the mince do you go for a higher fat content? I find lower fat content mince doesn't bind properly when cooking.

Also Dave, when Nancy ain't around you are BAD at looting. You missed two Nuka Quantums, a whole bunch of what looked like vodka and bourbon, some ammo boxes and a good few steamer trunks and duffle bags.

CallmeQueen
Jan 2, 2017

Thesaya posted:

Alright then!

for eight people;

2 large onions
500g moose mince
500g beef mince
1dl full fat cream
1dl milk
1dl breadcrumbs
3tsp salt
2 eggs
1½tsp sugar
2ml black pepper or (according to google) allspice/pimenta (I'd go with 1½black pepper ½allspice)
1tsp sugar
butter for frying
if you want,
2tblsps mustard (not dijon)
1tsp sugar
butter for frying

So, looking at this recipe, I am guessing that the Beef Mince is about equivalent to 80% beef in the US, and the Moose Mince is like... maybe Bison meat in fat content? That being assumed, please correct me if I am wrong, would higher fat pork mince work with low fat beef mince or would the reverse be better? I mean, pork tends to be higher fat and I have seen it suggested that higher fat pork is the better way to go, but that could also be a question of personal taste.

ultrabindu posted:

Cyborg Cannibal Nancy

What hast thou wrought?

Just a little chaos, mayhem, and insanity.... could I be a descendant of the Great Old Ones? I do bring a special brand of insanity to every occasion.

ddegenha posted:

Although, on a related note, do cyborg cannibals eat cybernetic limbs or just the fleshy bits? Might have that discussion on the Stream.

Well, my image of cybernetic limb eating tends to be on the side of metal chicken wing holding the meat to it for the eaters pleasure.

:discourse:

ultrabindu posted:

Also Dave, when Nancy ain't around you are BAD at looting. You missed two Nuka Quantums, a whole bunch of what looked like vodka and bourbon, some ammo boxes and a good few steamer trunks and duffle bags.

First, I think that Robobrain isn't that nutritious to begin with, it is difficult for it to be wasteful. Also, brain is rather lean, see Silence of the Lambs, which means you need to add fat (oil) to cook that. Actually, most things in the Commonwealth are rather lean, thus the high need for oil (of any kind) to cook them.

I think that Dave tends to look for hostile threats while I look for "poo poo we can use and forage." Also, this is what happens when I go to make drinks, as is life.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
In response to fat questions... I have no idea, I'm sorry. I have been vegetarian since I was 16 so thinking about fat content in mince is a level of cooking I never reached. I looked at mixed mince being sold but it just said total fat content under 20%. I know even less about moose mince since this was bought only for the Christmas meatballs.
You seem more than capable to figure it out on your own though, I have faith in you!

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 107:thx:

Continuing on with our mission series today we make our way to Somerville Place, stopping by the vault we used to clean Cait up to find that the Gunners have reoccupied it. It's a bit of a hairy situation, but we're only cleaning up the front so it's no big deal. The settlers at Somerville want us to turn Jamaica Plain into a settlement, and since we've been there before it's not that hard. But while we're here, there's some kind of treasure that's supposed to be in the basement so we might as well look into that.

ultrabindu posted:

Do you find it strange that the Minutemen quests give a money reward? I think that's kind of weird given the narrative the game's writers are trying to establish. It goes from you and Preston trying to create a coherent defense for settlers to 'pay up or fend for yourselves'. Maybe Preston is the one causing the raids and this is just one giant protection racket.

I think the Robobrain thing has been addressed, but the reward for the Minutemen quests is kind of a pittance. It almost seems like he's just giving you some pocket change to pay for expenses. Although considering some stuff later on, it's kind of funny that you should mention a protection racket.

As much as I joke about taking everything that's not nailed down, I suppose I should try to be better at looting when unsupervised.

CallmeQueen posted:

First, I think that Robobrain isn't that nutritious to begin with, it is difficult for it to be wasteful. Also, brain is rather lean, see Silence of the Lambs, which means you need to add fat (oil) to cook that. Actually, most things in the Commonwealth are rather lean, thus the high need for oil (of any kind) to cook them.

Should there be an apocalypse, at least I have an excellent cook with me who understands how to make molerat edible.

Thesaya posted:

In response to fat questions... I have no idea, I'm sorry. I have been vegetarian since I was 16 so thinking about fat content in mince is a level of cooking I never reached. I looked at mixed mince being sold but it just said total fat content under 20%. I know even less about moose mince since this was bought only for the Christmas meatballs.
You seem more than capable to figure it out on your own though, I have faith in you!

If we don't figure it out, it shall make for another amusing story. We can't lose that way, but I think you're right and we can do this.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
You can take that baseball bat to Moe in Diamond City.

I was thinking that its a shame you can't send out your companions on missions by themselves. Similar to the combat unit deployments in Metal Gear Solid 5. Wouldn't it be great if you could send out Curie and Hancock to take on some raiders or pair up Curie and Cait and send them off to clear out a vault together? And when they came back they'd have some dialogue about it. Much better than walking aimlessly around a settlement repeating the same three lines.
At the very least it would keep Preston occupied and as far away from you as possible.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
And lo, we stream on the twitch.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 108:thx:

In today's update we're going on a little expedition to see if we can't find some better parts for Codsworth. Spoiler: we don't. But we do have some fun poking around an old National Guard armory and killing ghouls, find a distress signal for the Brotherhood, and find a nice set of X-01 power armor. After that it's time to head back to Sanctuary for some long overdue weapon and armor upgrades. We'll need them, because word is that something is going on back at The Castle.

ultrabindu posted:

You can take that baseball bat to Moe in Diamond City.

I was thinking that its a shame you can't send out your companions on missions by themselves. Similar to the combat unit deployments in Metal Gear Solid 5. Wouldn't it be great if you could send out Curie and Hancock to take on some raiders or pair up Curie and Cait and send them off to clear out a vault together? And when they came back they'd have some dialogue about it. Much better than walking aimlessly around a settlement repeating the same three lines.
At the very least it would keep Preston occupied and as far away from you as possible.

Hmm. Not sure if Moe deserves that Swatter.

It would be nice if you could do that, as it'd actually add some utility to making friends with everyone rather than just a few people that you really like. Heck, I'd be happy if they'd just bring back some nice junk for me to salvage.

Although we do come up with something for Preston either this update or the next.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Supergreatfriend's LP of Deadly Premonition is the one that made me buy my account. I would honestly recommend watching it instead of playing the game since the game itself is not the best mechanically from what I understand. Also, his commentary makes the whole experience even better in my opinion.

I actually hadn't watched Twin Peaks at the time but have since, and Deadly Premonition is pretty much Twin Peaks; the game. I would seriously recommend watching it, it is every bit as weird, occasionally hilarious and great as I'd heard. Although, I still haven't watched the second season, glad to be reminded of that.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Agreeing with Thesaya here. The LP really is the optimal way to experience Deadly Premonition.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Sorry Dave but you're having Nancy's cyborg cannibal babies.

Not too sure about gun names.
Off the top of my head:

Conference Call
I’m Pacman Jones!
Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka
Burt Reynolds
Personal Space
Frank Exchange Of Views

If you ever make a custom shank for Curie you should call it Just the tip.

ultrabindu fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 13, 2017

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 109:thx:

Today we're responding to a call for help from the Castle, where a salty old dame named Ronnie Shaw wants us to help break into the sealed off parts of the building in search of goodies. A few landmines, one crazy robot, and a newly naked corpse later and we find what she was looking for: artillery. Once we've built and tested one that's the end of the day, but just to make it extra pleasant we go ahead and exile Preston to the Castle so we won't stumble on him in Sanctuary Hills anymore.

Poll for the next stream companion is here, and we're streaming next week at the usual time.

ultrabindu posted:

Sorry Dave but you're having Nancy's cyborg cannibal babies.

Not too sure about gun names.
Off the top of my head:

Conference Call
I’m Pacman Jones!
Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka
Burt Reynolds
Personal Space
Frank Exchange Of Views

If you ever make a custom shank for Curie you should call it Just the tip.

I guess I'll resign myself to being a mother. We ended up naming the gun "Happy Hour" in the last stream, but by coincidence we did also find a knife for Curie and I'm loving "Just the Tip" as a name for it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Still partial to "Abandonment Issues", myself. But it's okay. "Happy Hour" was my idea, too.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Ronnie is a crazy old woman with artillery, fantastic.
I bet she thinks she's some kind of revolutionary.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Preston is the worst, because his VA is absolutely as bored with his character and the script as the player probably is. Also he takes a couple hours of assuming you love the Minutemen before he even explains who the gently caress they are or why you should care at all.

I'm still slowly working my way up but I want you to know your LP got me to give the game a second chance and I'm having a great time with it.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
And that's ultimately the problem with Preston. He's just bland, and that's outside the constant harassment about settlements.
He's barely survived leading a group of people to Sanctuary, lost quite a few along the way. Faced raiders, supermutants, ghouls and the like and it doesn't show on his character at all.
Now imagine if it was sassy, grizzled veteran Ronnie that was leading the group to Sanctuary. At least if she was constantly nagging you about settlements you could take her along and she'd have a ball blowing poo poo up.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 110:thx:

So today we're in for a bit of a long one. After picking up MacCready and figuring out which bobbleheads we still need to get it's time to go deal with some hanging Minutemen quests. One of those involves MacCready taking a nuke to the face as we liberate Outpost Zimonja and the other is helping the Ghouls at the Slog with a Super Mutant problem. After that we get a level up and I spend a few minutes talking about our available perks.

As always, you can vote here for our next companion.

bman in 2288 posted:

Still partial to "Abandonment Issues", myself. But it's okay. "Happy Hour" was my idea, too.

We bow to the wisdom of the coin toss.

ultrabindu posted:

Ronnie is a crazy old woman with artillery, fantastic.
I bet she thinks she's some kind of revolutionary.

And the first thing she wanted to do with it was blow up a random house. Just to make sure she could.

Night10194 posted:

Preston is the worst, because his VA is absolutely as bored with his character and the script as the player probably is. Also he takes a couple hours of assuming you love the Minutemen before he even explains who the gently caress they are or why you should care at all.

I'm still slowly working my way up but I want you to know your LP got me to give the game a second chance and I'm having a great time with it.

"Congratulations, you're General of the Minutemen!"
"Uh... wait... what exactly do we, y'know, DO as the Minutemen?"
"There's a settlement that needs our help!"

Glad that you're back into the game and are enjoying yourself!

ultrabindu posted:

And that's ultimately the problem with Preston. He's just bland, and that's outside the constant harassment about settlements.
He's barely survived leading a group of people to Sanctuary, lost quite a few along the way. Faced raiders, supermutants, ghouls and the like and it doesn't show on his character at all.
Now imagine if it was sassy, grizzled veteran Ronnie that was leading the group to Sanctuary. At least if she was constantly nagging you about settlements you could take her along and she'd have a ball blowing poo poo up.

Ronnie as the leader of the Minutemen and potential companion would, in all fairness, be a huge improvement. And also, while I get the thematic attachment to them, laser muskets are just terrible.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

ddegenha posted:

Ronnie as the leader of the Minutemen and potential companion would, in all fairness, be a huge improvement. And also, while I get the thematic attachment to them, laser muskets are just terrible.

I bet Ronnie calls her laser musket the Crank'N'Spank.

I'm surprised MacCready likes that you're helping the ghouls and the Minute Men. Or anyone for that matter.

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 111:thx:

Today we're going to continue hanging out with MacCready and head to GreyGarden, which is run by a robotic Zsa Zsa Gabor. She wants us to be a dear and kill some super mutants for her and then get the old wastewater plant working, so naturally we oblige. It's a bit of a clusterfuck when the Brotherhood of Steel show up at the same place, but we wade through the muck and the mirelurks to git'er'done.

We've got a heated battle in the polls this time, so remember to vote here.

ultrabindu posted:

I bet Ronnie calls her laser musket the Crank'N'Spank.

I'm surprised MacCready likes that you're helping the ghouls and the Minute Men. Or anyone for that matter.

And now I'm sorry that we're NOT using a laser musket because that would be an awesome name.

MacCready's likes and dislikes can be kind of hard to parse sometimes. He likes the Minutemen and helping out settlers and families, but otherwise he likes you being a sarcastic rear end in a top hat and asking for more money. He definitely doesn't like the Brotherhood of Steel or Railroad and he hates low-paying or menial jobs.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
So Nancy, you are saying that I should be awake between like 2 and 6 in the morning from now on? Cheers for that.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Preston is more popular than Danse.

MacCready really likes running in front of your line of fire. You'd think he'd stay back more, being a sniper and all.

I really wish you'd brought Codsworth to the robot weed plantation. Or convinced that high as balls robot to take up residence there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddegenha
Jan 28, 2009

What is this?!
:thx:Update 112:thx:

Today we turn in some quests and go in search of Bobbleheads to finish our collection. Our first target is the Barter Bobblehead, which is located at Longneck Lukowski's Cannery, but when we get there everything is not on the up and up. So naturally we go snooping through the catacombs and his meat packing operation, and by the time it's done we're really wishing that Molerat was the worst thing on the menu..

Thesaya posted:

So Nancy, you are saying that I should be awake between like 2 and 6 in the morning from now on? Cheers for that.

It's winter in a Nordic country. Haven't day and night lost all meaning by now?

ultrabindu posted:

Preston is more popular than Danse.

MacCready really likes running in front of your line of fire. You'd think he'd stay back more, being a sniper and all.

I really wish you'd brought Codsworth to the robot weed plantation. Or convinced that high as balls robot to take up residence there.

At this point I'm prepared to say that chlamydia is more popular than Danse.

Codsworth actually does like Graygarden and likes you completing quests there. I'll have to see about dialogue.

And if you think MacCready's bad about running into the line of fire now, wait until Thursday's update. There was... an incident. It was late, I was intoxicated, and he should have known better.

• Locked thread