Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Have u thought about not being white

that's cultural appropriation my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chelb posted:

"Perhaps pedophiles being bad and gay people being similarly bad is a terrible thing to say, but it should definitely be debated and discussed"

-Richard "lowtax" Kyanka

that's def what he meant and not you proving everyone that says dnd is poo poo right by being an insane retard

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Office Surprise Store posted:

that's def what he meant and not you proving everyone that says dnd is poo poo right by being an insane retard

At the very least, if you want to encourage proper debate and discussion, you should craft posts that don't make you sound so much like a wiffle-waffley dipshit

and hell that goes for me as well as everyone else

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Lowtax posted:

Her original point she was making was that it's not conductive to either debate or discussion to hastily claim somebody is racist because they disagree with you. She was then labeled racist. The point was then made for her.

This would be a lot more believable if not for this tweet being 2 days old.

https://twitter.com/ashleenkathli/status/819019436258684930

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Office Surprise Store posted:

At this point he's just proving Lowtax right. Its kinda funny to watch, but also a little sad.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

Just put shoeshine on your face and call it cultural exchange

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

just pretend to be irish and whenever someone calls you white rant about how your great grandpop was an oppressed minority when he came over on the boat and how dare you call me white

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"
Edit: ^^^

my ancestors were scott irish and honestly its all so loving stupid. Why do you wanna tell people your ancesores were poor or oppressed?

On christmas I was honestly jump and dragged from the room when I started talking about the side of the family that were slave owners.

Prove it?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Invisible Handjob posted:

groups it's ok to discriminate against according to D&D

Asians, and pedophiles. they're the same things aren't they? Anime! LOL

if it makes you feel better, I have been trying to affect your same sentiment but ANIME AV

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hardly see how it is Ladyambien's fault that the negrotown thread is obsessed with ideological purity.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

groups it's ok to discriminate against according to D&D

Asians, and pedophiles. they're the same things aren't they? Anime! LOL

wtf are you talking about

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

climboutonalimb posted:

This would be a lot more believable if not for this tweet being 2 days old.

https://twitter.com/ashleenkathli/status/819019436258684930

bad post alert

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

I imagine lowtax as an unhinged elliot stabler from SUV, pinning smorky to the wall, fist raised, but he can't become that monster.

WHO DID YOU DRAW SHMORKY, TELL ME AND YOU CAN GO BACK TO YOUR ATTIC STUDIO *slams convenient nearby locker*

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I don't think they make white lunch bags.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Oil of Paris posted:

i didnt notice the date, but i still dont particularly care or find relevant what she thinks or says on twitter. the purpose of the thread seems to be in line with what is currently being discussed

lol why would context matter

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i don't think anyone has ever posted their picture here more than me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lowtax posted:

Of course that's not what I meant, I was just bringing out a point that could be debated or discussed. See, the whole mindset around here, and the internet as a whole, is so reactionary, so inflammatory, people jump to their own conclusions without actually looking at the question being posed. These types of questions should not be off limits, and people should not be afraid of being instantly called a racist or whatever for asking them. There should be debate. Or discussion.

It seems like for some reason that you may be incredibly tired of the ongoing culture war on the internet, or even just the internet itself.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ya'll sure are mad about gifs.

fyi I didnt call LA racist. I said "Racists seethe". You guys put her in that group not me.

and if you don't think there's a single racist poster out there mad, I don't know what to tell you.

but sure ramble on about how i handed out sixers to people who got reported for being jerks.

truly the worst of crimes.

oh yeah and here's an exclusive gif of me on my way to probate more people and doling out racial justice:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

look at this white fragility

like it or not, these forums are mostly stupid ignorant white people. full of white tears. like the good ol' country of the USA most of you live in and despise.

fragile white tears crying because a black woman finally has power over them

look at these white tears :cry:

shut up you privileged white filth

go for it, I do think you're a gigantic piece of white racist trash

Do you have a problem with white people? :(

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

social vegan posted:

I don't know how to argue good but aren't you just explaining what the challenging part of debating is? I'm guessing the alternative to this is some kind of consensual nuance in your opposition and I understand what you mean by how this is frustrating, but I don't think it is a bad thing to be challenged to articulate your own viewpoint. If someone has become abusive in terms of browbeating or misrepresents what you feel are clear arguments, you probably don't have to argue them anymore.

Nah, I'm a reasonable enough person to admit that viewpoints need backing information. Citations are justified and people need to explain what they mean and why they mean it.

But those things can be used to argue in bad faith, and that's kind of a favorite tool of some D&D posters that use it to just smother the opposition in their cribs rather than actually engage with them.

Anyone who takes my comment and immediately thinks I'm saying that no argument ever should have any sources, explanations or examples is kinda doing what I'm talking about though. It's tangentially related to tossing out "Racist!" or "Conservative!" or any number of things to actually kill Debate and Discussion, it just takes more effort to do.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Noyemi K posted:

if it makes you feel better, I have been trying to affect your same sentiment but ANIME AV

You like anime

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Invisible Handjob's posts in this thread are kind of the poster child for things that should be discouraged in D&D.

nah it's what this place originally was

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
If somebody's real mad that certain people aren't getting probated enough, make more reports. I've heard from a whole ton of mods that reports are the best way for users to be punished for breaking forum rules.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The ideology eater posted:

because that tweet is about something, nobody would know wtf she was going on about if she didnt know this forum, and it wasn't something like "i hate niggers" or "black people are scary"

i mean even if you find the timing weird she's pretty on-point about the thread (which like I've said in that thread and here, has good discussions at times)

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Noyemi K posted:

it wouldn't make a single bit of difference what your av was

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Chelb posted:

I do not find the disagreement legitimate, because I do not feel that the people making these arguments are practicing the calls for decency and respect and tolerance of viewpoints that they preach.

Not sure if you're referring to the posts in this thread or in general, but I can see how people would be frustrated with legitimately trying to contribute to an argument, be told they're making people angry for having their opinion, and then be sent packing with a sassy gif

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Koalas March posted:

ya'll sure are mad about gifs.

fyi I didnt call LA racist. I said "Racists seethe". You guys put her in that group not me.

and if you don't think there's a single racist poster out there mad, I don't know what to tell you.

but sure ramble on about how i handed out sixers to people who got reported for being jerks.

truly the worst of crimes.

oh yeah and here's an exclusive gif of me on my way to probate more people and doling out racial justice:

Youre a loose cannon 😓

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

its actually healthy and good to discriminate against anime av having filth

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Do you have a problem with white people? :(

gently caress white filth

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Oil of Paris posted:

Not sure if you're referring to the posts in this thread or in general, but I can see how people would be frustrated with legitimately trying to contribute to an argument, be told they're making people angry for having their opinion, and then be sent packing with a sassy gif

This is not the place for debate and/or discussion.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Youre a loose cannon 😓

BUT I GET RESULTS!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Have you tried not being racist, my friend?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
all racists are pretty much boring though, if you care about is the colors, then you have no imagination, and aren't worth the time.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im white

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Youre a loose cannon 😓

bad

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Patrocclesiastes posted:

You like anime

no...?

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

The ideology eater posted:

Bc, as I said, I don't give a poo poo about ladyambien, I'm posting about the debate currently ongoing in this thread.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

*violently scratches the yes box*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009