Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

logikv9 posted:

bernie's town hall was a good thing that gave me hope that morons can be reached out to, but he honestly needs to do more of them

I too, want Bernie to spend the rest of his life preaching in the wastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/JoshuaMound/status/802957616439853056

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

glad we dont have to worry about him in 2020 lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cory booker is not a democrat

to think i liked that guy

rip

Serf
May 5, 2011

anime was right posted:

cory booker is not a democrat

to think i liked that guy

rip

Cory Booker Actually is a Democrat: and Here's Why That is a Bad Sign - headline from bizarro vox

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
nice nest egg there

would be a shame if something happened to it :bernin:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

logikv9 posted:

bernie's town hall was a good thing that gave me hope that morons can be reached out to, but he honestly needs to do more of them

There's gonna be some streaming town hall thing he's doing for healthcare this Sunday at ourrevolution.com

I wouldn't mind seeing more town hall meetings on major networks with lesser known/new democrats also to help build some public opinion on downticket candidates for 2018.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

There's gonna be some streaming town hall thing he's doing for healthcare this Sunday at ourrevolution.com

I wouldn't mind seeing more town hall meetings on major networks with lesser known/new democrats also to help build some public opinion on downticket candidates for 2018.

Why would the networks play boring stuff that is going to sink their ratings?

Serf
May 5, 2011

fits my needs posted:

Why would the networks play boring stuff that is going to sink their ratings?

This is actually a good point. Only nerds care about this poo poo. Instead it's gonna be 24/7 trump tv

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Serf posted:

This is actually a good point. Only nerds care about this poo poo. Instead it's gonna be 24/7 trump tv

well if you had this kind of rally i daresay you'd get extensive, hysterical coverage:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Can we teach Booker and Sanders the fusion dance so that Senator Berey Bookders can both vote in favor of Canadian drugs AND acknowledge that nothing Sessions says is worth listening to?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
:lol: Booker is such a trashbag

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/627130043563683841

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They... can...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Booker must have caught wind of the blowback and started tweeting something besides inspirational quotes

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/819630648512172037

Yeah I dunno buddy

Serf
May 5, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Booker must have caught wind of the blowback and started tweeting something besides inspirational quotes

Yeah I dunno buddy

you heard it here first, Canadian drugs unfit for American biologies

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Serf posted:

you heard it here first, Canadian drugs unfit for American biologies

we dont have that maple-infused immune system

it's more important than you'd think!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

why are the instructions all in french

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oh Snapple! posted:

is that why bernie is immortal

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Yeah I dunno buddy

this is literally the republican line on this policy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I dunno, look what Canadian drugs did to Baloogan.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Yeah I dunno buddy

"I unequivocally support drug imports to lower cost but promoting the interests of Merck & Co and other New Jersey based pharmaceutical industry companies, so plan must include protections so foreign drugs meet safety standards, which protections will provide a convenient mechanism for moving goalposts and denying support indefinitely"

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Where's diet Bernie, I was promised diet Bernie!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Imagine trying to give aspirin synthesized in Ontario to your Jewish grandmother who lives in Florida. It'd overheat her brain! As my dear friend Rabbi Shmuley would say, that's mashugana!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Woof Blitzer posted:

Where's diet Bernie, I was promised diet Bernie!!
You got diet Carter, hard luck.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Imagine trying to give aspirin synthesized in Ontario to your Jewish grandmother who lives in Florida. It'd overheat her brain! As my dear friend Rabbi Shmuley would say, that's mashugana!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0q4oibfs9g

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bayer's US headquarters are in Allegheny County, PA by the way.

So Bob Casey's vote alongside Booker makes a bit more sense with that in mind.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Yeah I dunno buddy

I 100% clear as day remember George W. Bush telling an old man at a town hall the reason he made it illegal to import drugs from Canada is because he wanted to make sure they're safe. I wish I could find the clip on YouTube.

That and tweeting an article written by Steve Jobs wannabe and national fraudster Elizabeth Holmes.

Hoo boy, if you fuckers nominate Corey Booker in 2020 you deserve 4 terms of President Trump.

^^^Bob Casey is up for re-election in 2018 so that one surprised me. Maybe he isn't worried?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

don't some foreign countries straight-up use the fda as a guide to drug certification, i read that somewhere in an article concerned about it being gutted in the next four years

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

Can we teach Booker and Sanders the fusion dance so that Senator Berey Bookders can both vote in favor of Canadian drugs AND acknowledge that nothing Sessions says is worth listening to?

This joke got made w/r/t Clinton and Sanders in a political cartoon during the primary and I appreciated it for the name "Hernie Clanders"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:yikes:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm pretty sure these drugs would be re-imported anyway. As in, US pharmaceutical countries make them, Canada buys in bulk at low cost, and then wholesalers reimport them based on that low cost. So they're created under FDA jurisdiction lol.

edit - please correct me if i'm wrong, i haven't read anything substantive on this poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Booker and 12 other Dems voted no, which led to the defeat of Bernie's drug price reform amendment.

Waiting to see very dishonest Hill Folk spin this as a heroic thing.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/thirteen-democrats-just-stopped-bernie-sanders-ame.html

The same crooked dem senators also accepted large amount of big pharm lobbyist money over the years.

Dishonest!

quote:

Between 2010 and 2016, a handful of the Democratic senators who voted “nay” were amongst the top Senate recipients funded by pharmaceutical companies: Sen. Booker received $267,338; Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) received $254,649; Robert Casey (D-PA) received $250,730; Michael Bennet (D-CO) received $222,000. As the former mayor of Newark, Cory Booker faced corruption scandals and increased crime and unemployment levels as his star power outside the state rose. He is heavily favored by Wall Street, with securities and investment firms donating $1.88 million to Booker during the 2014 midterm elections; their second-favorite candidate was Mitch McConnell.

Why should such bad leadership not be primaried and replacement with good progressive leadership?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:stare:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

i legitimately hope it's that specific vote that destroys booker in 2020

Don't worry, he'll say something snarky to Jeff Sessions and then be the DNC's darling again.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Like we're gonna have an FDA in six months anyway.

Serf
May 5, 2011

cory booker has yet to reply to my tweets, the coward

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
DTS, DNC

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I guess this is a good time to bring this up, because Cory Booker is Chabad Lubavitcher, and his friend Rabbi Shmuley (I swear to God that's his real name) is a Steve Bannon sympathizer.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/15/shmuley-boteach-adl-chief-steve-bannon/

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Oh Snapple! posted:

i legitimately hope it's that specific vote that destroys booker in 2020

He will be 2020s Rubio.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Even aside from the 'gently caress you, corporate slave' side of the argument, this is a really dumb time for Democrats to stand in the way of literally anything that lowers health care costs, now that it's becoming increasingly clear (it was always clear to us) that the Republicans really are going to go through with repealing the ACA and replacing it with "gently caress you".

(Yes, yes, I want Single Payer instead of the half-assed ACA too.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

let the neolibs stand up and be counted so that they may be more easily branded and purged in the future

• Locked thread