Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Control Volume posted:

I'm extremely in favor of political debate taking place entirely in the form of interpretive gif posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Neurolimal posted:

It's pretty simple crackerdog, your prior posts were halfhearted attempts at arguing, and the one I quoted is a blanket statement that the thread is bad, so responses to you are bad and by terrible people

:agreed:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The ideology eater posted:

So even with the tweeting about how asking for a black mod is racist youre still gonna pretend this isnt at all about race?

Because of people like you, who make race an issue, sure. Let's all be racists up in this joint, hip hop, yo mama zim zam.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Personally I'd actually post more in D&D if I didn't get the feeling that I'd get everyone on my case if I posted something disagreeable.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

Because of people like you, who make race an issue, sure. Let's all be racists up in this joint, hip hop, yo mama zim zam.

probated for six hours for attempting to zim zam the flim flam

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chelb posted:

I'm sorry that you don't see race, friend.

Race is not real, actually. Only the social perception of it and its consequences are real. So.........

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Getting super mad at the folks making it about race is an extremely unique and not at all antique way of shutting down a conversation in order to be comfortable in how powerful and white you feel

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ok after skimming through the thread holy moley did it go to "THATS RACIST" quick

way to prove her point, idiots

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Interesting, but have you considered

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Guys, please make sure that every joke you make is inclusive and makes fun of every type of person at the same time in equal proportions or none at all.
Exclusionary jokes are the way to reinforce the patriarchy and are the primary reason for the divide between the minorities and the inferior people.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Guys, please make sure that every joke you make is inclusive and makes fun of every type of person at the same time in equal proportions or none at all.
Exclusionary jokes are the way to reinforce the patriarchy and are the primary reason for the divide between the minorities and the inferior people.

NO

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Chelb posted:

Getting super mad at the folks making it about race is an extremely unique and not at all antique way of shutting down a conversation in order to be comfortable in how powerful and white you feel

you could try taking the blinders off but idk, maybe my mother taught me wrong. looking at everything through racist lenses isn't healthy hth

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Noyemi K posted:

you could try taking the blinders off but idk, maybe my mother taught me wrong. looking at everything through racist lenses isn't healthy hth

Hello attorney general Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Noyemi K posted:

it's not racist if you aren't white didn't you get the memo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They Live but its about a D&D regular seeing how racist it actually is

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What a disgusting demonphobe you are. You're literally contributing to the oppression of the Imp minorities by sharing that gif.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Noyemi K posted:

Judging by every single reply that person made in this thread, I don't believe debate or discussion can be engaged with them.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

it's not racist if you aren't white didn't you get the memo

I meant the lenses that make everyone else look like a racist

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So is this thread just for people who don't post in D&D to bitch about how much they hate D&D? Because y'all could just not read D&D if it's so goddamn awful.

Wait, gently caress, are some of you being held hostage by woke terrorists and being forced to read the Negrotown threads?! Do you need help, for someone to call the police to come rescue you? Post one racial slur for yes, two slurs for no.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Lime Tonics posted:

man i sure am glad that racism stops existing when we stop talking about it

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

considering that maybe those lenses might have a point, however, is healthy af

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My single biggest regret of the last three years is that I took pictures of the Rowdy Trout and didn't buy it, because it has since been erased from history. I literally cannot track one down. Not on ebay, not on the Sergeants website, nowhere. You can even still buy that same line of toys, Crazy Paws, at Safeway.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Whoa it's almost like there's some kind of privilege that enables certain people to miss certain things, be they conscious or not. And it's almost like there's some kind of supremacy reinforcing this privilege

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

So is this thread just for people who don't post in D&D to bitch about how much they hate D&D? Because y'all could just not read D&D if it's so goddamn awful.

Wait, gently caress, are some of you being held hostage by woke terrorists and being forced to read the Negrotown threads?! Do you need help, for someone to call the police to come rescue you? Post one racial slur for yes, two slurs for no.

hi woke terrorist here, and actually i make my victims read UKMT. theyre usually suicidal within six hours.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The ideology eater posted:

man i sure am glad that racism stops existing when we stop talking about it

Next you are going to tell me about how those people, bring down property values, and are "unfortunate", while you sip you're green tea with cinnamon in your mcmansion right?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

My single biggest regret of the last three years is that I took pictures of the Rowdy Trout and didn't buy it, because it has since been erased from history. I literally cannot track one down. Not on ebay, not on the Sergeants website, nowhere. You can even still buy that same line of toys, Crazy Paws, at Safeway.

Truly, an impressive modern retelling of the classic buffalo hunts and their impact on gods most delicate of creatures, the rowdy trout.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Chelb posted:

considering that maybe those lenses might have a point, however, is healthy af

Whatever point it is, you're not making it

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Judging by every single reply that person made in this thread, I don't believe debate or discussion can be engaged with them.

Tell me more about how comparing gays to pedophiles should be an active topic of discourse, and why you're so very down with calling people trannies if you can feel good about yourself for it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Koalas March posted:

Whoa it's almost like there's some kind of privilege that enables certain people to miss certain things, be they conscious or not. And it's almost like there's some kind of supremacy reinforcing this privilege

Sanity privilege?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Oh look, a forum titled debate and discussion!" three minutes later, "Wow, this place is something awful!"

and then this guy strolls up

Who What Now posted:

Because y'all could just not read D&D if it's so goddamn awful.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Lime Tonics posted:

Next you are going to tell me about how those people, bring down property values, and are "unfortunate", while you sip you're green tea with cinnamon in your mcmansion right?

what even

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Hey he didn't use the n-word so it's okay

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Goon project: obtain the rowdy trout for FAU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I guess everyone has to be a skin color/group, logic dictates.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

"Oh look, a forum titled debate and discussion!" three minutes later, "Wow, this place is something awful!"

It's hard to hear him over the dozens of people saying that every time any forum or thread anywhere is criticized in any way.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

What a disgusting demonphobe you are. You're literally contributing to the oppression of the Imp minorities by sharing that gif.

#DemonLivesShattered

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

Sanity privilege?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I believe the entire purpose of this thread was to point out that a forum called "Debate and Discuss" should be *more* lenient with free speech, as opposed to more intolerant. I do not believe anything said was to be interpreted as "we are racists and want more racists." It's kind of the exact opposite.

To be honest, the OP sorta reeks of a jumping into hot waters foot first not knowing anything about modding a forum that is set up like D&D, I mean I haven't modded poo poo for forums but D&D seems whole 'nother beast compared to the reason for other sub-forums existing. While god knows a lot of D&D posters are pant-making GBS threads retards, it's basically a slippery slope. Like what the hell does "This is a place where people pay to post, and have a right to express their personal opinions as long as they are not personally attacking anyone else." mean? That it's D&D: the soapbox and anybody can just start de-rails for days? (because that's what will happen imo, people will just get into back and forths forever) Debate is by it's nature pretty formal/structured so there is a expectation of a certain posting style, you know what I mean. I dunno, I think the type of forums we have (chronological post as opposed to say reddit style or some other crap) just are really poorly suited to this type of activity since it only takes a few people to gently caress up a thread and make it unreadable cause there are like 800 new post that nobody wants to read through. Hell, if anything the problem with D&D is that any old moron can post, myself included. It doesn't matter what you know, you can start a an argument and yap about it without evidence and not change a mind in the world.

I dunno, maybe threads should be cordoned more strictly, like there are chat threads but maybe mods should just roll out a framework for "thread format" that would be stated in the OP where it's explicit exactly what is expected/rules and they vary in intensity of Debate (post with references only) to Discussion (chat threads). I dunno, that sorta happens already. C-SPAM basically sorta fills this "be more loose" niche already anyway and I practically exclusively post there so maybe idk poo poo about how to mod D&D.

Basically, God have mercy on D&D mods because shitposters will not.

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 12, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

I'm sorry, you didn't indicate whether you needed me to call you help or not. Could you be more clear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I heard nuttella causes cancer though, so avoid it.

• Locked thread