Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Who What Now posted:

So is this thread just for people who don't post in D&D to bitch about how much they hate D&D? Because y'all could just not read D&D if it's so goddamn awful.

Wait, gently caress, are some of you being held hostage by woke terrorists and being forced to read the Negrotown threads?! Do you need help, for someone to call the police to come rescue you? Post one racial slur for yes, two slurs for no.

Chelb was getting a little played out, thank you for immediately jumping in and rejuvenating the "people who disagree with me are racist" energy spirit bomb you guys are building over there.

anyone else want to plainly and repeatedly justify this thread's existence?

(in the spirit of debate and discussion buddy, maybe people don't post in D&D because of posts like yours)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

There isn't much debate or discussion going on in this thread.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

So is this thread just for people who don't post in D&D to bitch about how much they hate D&D? Because y'all could just not read D&D if it's so goddamn awful.

Wait, gently caress, are some of you being held hostage by woke terrorists and being forced to read the Negrotown threads?! Do you need help, for someone to call the police to come rescue you? Post one racial slur for yes, two slurs for no.

replace D&D with GBS, then go read the QCS thread

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chelb posted:

Getting super mad at the folks making it about race is an extremely unique and not at all antique way of shutting down a conversation in order to be comfortable in how powerful and white you feel

Is it possible to have a discussion about working class people in America without you coming in and 'race-plaining' how actually I'm talking about the "white" working class.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
D&D bad, D&D bad
reading this thread is making me sad
Who's a racist? Nobody cares
D&D bad

*accordion*

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's hard to hear him over the dozens of people saying that every time any forum or thread anywhere is criticized in any way.

You've got a good point there.

Who What Now posted:

I'm sorry, you didn't indicate whether you needed me to call you help or not. Could you be more clear?

:rolleyes:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Lime Tonics posted:

I heard nuttella causes cancer though, so avoid it.

It's also pretty much cake icing.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Chelb was getting a little played out, thank you for immediately jumping in and rejuvenating the "people who disagree with me are racist" energy spirit bomb you guys are building over there.

(in the spirit of debate and discussion buddy, maybe people don't post in D&D because of posts like yours)

CREATURES OF NEGROTOWN, LEND ME YOUR ENERGY

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Actually theres a lot of good critiques of both D&D and the negrotown thread. i don't think you're gonna read them though

Koalas March posted:

Whoa it's almost like there's some kind of privilege that enables certain people to miss certain things, be they conscious or not. And it's almost like there's some kind of supremacy reinforcing this privilege

At the same time it's unhealthy to immediately assume racism (even passive racism) in allies and discussions when there exist more likely answers

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Racist posters don't like being told they're racist wow that's surprising.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

They Live but its about a D&D regular seeing how racist it actually is

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
There is a profoundly ironic spin to the universe lately, in which those that insist that voices have a right to be heard and respected are ignored by those that shut down the same discourse they advocate for

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

Ham and pineapple pizza is not that bad, and furthermore....

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Personally, I support Dwight Working-Class, and his husband, Deshaun Working-Class.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

joeburz posted:

Stop being a racist.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

yup

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Personally, I support Dwight Working-Class, and his husband, Deshaun Working-Class.
They're both women, and they're both doctors. That's right. All women are doctors now.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Koalas March posted:

Whoa it's almost like there's some kind of privilege that enables certain people to miss certain things, be they conscious or not. And it's almost like there's some kind of supremacy reinforcing this privilege

Is there a way to discuss things in a different lens?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

Ham and pineapple pizza is not that bad, and furthermore....

You are a monster!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's a good point but have you considered the idea that all of

and furthermore

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005

Noyemi K posted:

It's also pretty much cake icing.

CREATURES OF NEGROTOWN, LEND ME YOUR ENERGY

Creatures?! That's a micro aggression!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They don't post because of obvious jokes?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Jack Trades posted:

Stop being a racist.

Turn on...your monitor

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Bill Buckner posted:

Creatures?! That's a micro aggression!

That's a macro aggression actually, we're all creatures

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The thread kinda ran its course I feel. Now its just devolved into silliness and steretypical D&D posters coming out of the wood-work to prove Lowtax right.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

I heard nuttella causes cancer though, so avoid it.

Every other day there's a new report that some food causes cancer. If took them seriously I would eat nothing but barely steamed veggies and probably live to 100+ but begging for death.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Who What Now posted:

I think part of the topic is how to get more people with a wider range of opinions involved in D&D instead of telling people they're stupid and to get out. There seems to be an odd struggle between people who think they own D&D and should have editorial control over the discourse, down to what words people can and can't say in any context. It's like most of the people here are doing a kind of verbal judo to get others to give up and leave instead of continuing a discussion.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

joeburz posted:

Uh maybe you don't have real racists where you live, but here in the Midwest, racists take pride in being called racist. That's how they know they're pissing people off.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

joeburz posted:

Koalas March posted:

People missing a point so hard and so repeatedly that I, myself, feel trolled.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

That's a macro aggression actually, we're all creatures

I'm a galaxykin actually. Don't contribute to the erasure of the galaxykins.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It's a good thing that you don't post here though, not a bad thing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Every other day there's a new report that some food causes cancer. If took them seriously I would eat nothing but barely steamed veggies and probably live to 100+ but begging for death.

I thought i had them beat when i decided that i'd subsist on 10,000 loads of semen a day, then they discovered that causes cancer too

Godammit

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Is this thread about racism?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Lowtax posted:

Her original point she was making was that it's not conductive to either debate or discussion to hastily claim somebody is racist because they disagree with you. She was then labeled racist. The point was then made for her.

yeah i caught that. i was overstating it a bit because of my ptsd from posting in d&d when i was younger and more fragile

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Koalas March posted:

It's good to have privileges, I'm thankful of mine.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Also, I, too, believe it's a fundamental character flaw that lets a person leave an establishment without The Rowdy Trout.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Archer666 posted:

The thread kinda ran its course I feel. Now its just devolved into silliness and steretypical D&D posters coming out of the wood-work to prove Lowtax right.

It never really started to be honest. By the first page it had already become "you're racist" "close D&D" etc. and it never recovered.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

Also, I, too, believe it's a fundamental character flaw that lets a person leave an establishment without The Rowdy Trout.
I was in a weird financial position at the time and was doing a dumb thing where I freaked out about spending money on non-essentials. I really should have bought that loving trout!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

Is this thread about racism?

well one of the cornerstones of american society is white hegemony so, when you get right down to it, every thread is about racism in one way or another

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

If you feel like you're being trolled you probably are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The troller... Has become the trolleryliered...

• Locked thread