Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah don't let Camille get through P/B.
ehh this might be fine still, i've heard bad things about camille as a jungler purely because her clear appears to suck balls and as a top she's very similar to fiora wrt her vulnerability to anyone who out-punishes her in melee range (which rumble does)

tricked will lose but that's because 4g have lockdown for the leblanc and their korean duo on a ridiculously strong laning combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Chris de Sperg posted:

ehh this might be fine still, i've heard bad things about camille as a jungler purely because her clear appears to suck balls and as a top she's very similar to fiora wrt her vulnerability to anyone who out-punishes her in melee range (which rumble does)

tricked will lose but that's because 4g have lockdown for the leblanc and their korean duo on a ridiculously strong laning combo

I assumed it was top - I agree, Camille jungle isn't really that scary. She's a ridiculously good laner right now though.

e: hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Camille is good.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 10, 2017

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

I assumed it was top - I agree, Camille jungle isn't really that scary. She's a ridiculously good laner right now though.
i imagine they were holding it as a top-jungle flex combo with the poppy since taikki iirc plays a lot of poppy jungle, but rumble makes it hard/impossible

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

does EU not even have LTE, what's wrong with y'alls mobile networks

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Wait a minute, camille is busted?? What the...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if shes so busted why is she dead

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

if shes so busted why is she dead

yeah this champ sucks wtf

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

support malz is popping off

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Camille can deal over 700 true damage in the 2nd Q in her combo lategame so she never stops being stupid as hell.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahahahahahahaha omg

e: casters completely oblivious to the fact that rek'sai just stole baron with Q

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

support malz is popping off

Yes it has pretty good pickrate/banrate in KR challenger and of course there is a easy counter to him botlane. A lot of the enemy supports just play Kench into it but Malz still can do poo poo tons of dmg and helps with objectives with his voidlings kinda like Zyra plants.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
anything in high rank or pro play that h elps you take the bot lane tower first is really good

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This EUCS games are interesting no Kat bans so far or picks. Syndra vs Fizz right now. Should be winnable matchup for Fizz if he survives till 6. Eika is wasn't that good in LCS but he does seem to have potential.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ulio posted:

This EUCS games are interesting no Kat bans so far or picks. Syndra vs Fizz right now. Should be winnable matchup for Fizz if he survives till 6. Eika is wasn't that good in LCS but he does seem to have potential.

Kat was first ban this game, but I think it was the first time she's been banned today.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 10, 2017

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oh I didnt notice mb. Man how did Rog make it so far they had an awful draft and looked like they had 0 synergy. The fizz is really bad he could have gotten atleast two free kills and change the game flow if he e flashed but he didn't.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol, this is a stomp. You know I thought rek'sai would be really good in the current meta but maybe I was wrong, it hasn't been performing well today at all.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

This is the sick baron steal that the casters didn't even notice.

https://clips.twitch.tv/esl_lol/FriendlyQueleaEleGiggle

These ESL casters are rear end. Riot should have just given them freakin Stress/Vedius/Pulse or w.e to cast this and make it more bearable.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ESC Ever has renamed to BBQ Olivers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

monte and doa explain their thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYlqIQOqPJk

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Has anyone picked adc ziggs yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Wow it wasn't 20 min of Monte saying "gently caress Riot" I think he has calmed down finally.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

ESC Ever has renamed to BBQ Olivers

Best name of the seasons is definitely between them or Gash Bears.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://mobile.twitter.com/lolGorillA/status/819539638612152321

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjQIv2OIzo

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Forgiven started streaming a few days ago and its wonderful. Most of the stream is him blasting his teammates who are low diamond or plat players. He has been stuck in plat1 for a few days now. I think he said he hasn't played the game since worlds. Tbf most games tend to end up being a poster for the adc in 2k17 meme.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I think that it's funny that Riot reworked ADCs a year ago and they're apparently already bad again.

How do you fix the position? Do you fix the position? I think that the Ziggs bot is a pretty interesting way to think of the game instead of a standard Euro lane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

riots adc rework more or less made all of them worse, except for the ones they accidentally made into bruisers. my favorite rework was the kog'maw rework, where ultimately all they did was add a mana cost to his W, which was just a really long bad unneeded weird nerf.

considering the adc rework more or less came on the heels of ghostcrawler saying "i don't like that adcs are in every game" as much as i hate how everyone overreacted about him joining the company it sure seems like he just decided to take things in a direction of making adcs bad to try and remove them from the metagame

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
if they just made the LW items ranged-only and work on total armor again it probably wouldn't be as bad but that still won't solve the problem of getting 5-manned at your t1 which im not sure they can actually solve outside of removing first brick (or putting the superarmor on bot turrets) or making dragons bad

actually if they unfucked LW it might be neat to see adcs start to built slightly more bruiserish since then they wouldn't need quite as massive a stack of crit to kill tanks and could potentially devote more than 1 slot to a semi-defensive item

there's also like...almost every thing they've done to decentralize botlane has failed, rift herald is a cool buff but you basically only ever take it/get to take it if your top is already crushing theirs and it's basically only good for splitpushing as opposed to getting a dragon or picking on the weak botlane turrets getting you a big teamwide buff or global gold respectively. the anti-lane swap patches made the game a bit more fun to watch at the cost of kind of loving solo queue, in which you basically never lane swapped anyway, and again gave huge incentive towards making big dives and TP plays botlane

rabidsquid said something in the main thread iirc that amounted to "it doesn't have anything to do with dashes or assassins" and i agree with that because you can basically just let your minion wave crash into their tower and then waddle up on any garbage champ, slap them to death and probably get away with it. or, say, if you're the jungler, you can grab some pinks or a scanner and do that over and over again until their tower falls, or even put a tp ward down behind their t1 somewhere. and there's plenty of incentive to do this because if you pull it off you get twice the kill gold as you do ganking any other lane, a great shot at taking first tower and easy dragon control.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 12, 2017

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Would nerfing TP back to 300 seconds and maybe no bonus if you teleport to a structure help at all?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

Would nerfing TP back to 300 seconds and maybe no bonus if you teleport to a structure help at all?

Both these changes happened more than a year ago lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Shadow225 posted:

if this is sarcasm then i apologize but they literally have done this already. i don't remember why top laners didn't take it back in the renekton days but it's currently the same numbers as it was then.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Teleport and First Brick are irrelevant when the most popular top laners both do more damage than ADCs and they don't take any damage from them either.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Riot basically drags the game to the bot lane with dragon changes, first brick, no lane swaps, and no super armor on bot turret, and now they're surprised that you can't play champs who die easily and take most of the game to ramp up in that lane.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If Riot isn't willing to nerf Armor/HP itemization then they absolutely need to buff ADC itemization wrt dealing damage to tanks. Last Whisper should just do total armor again so that you can sit on the 1300g like you used to if a tank became a large threat. If Assassins and melee carries abuse it make it ranged only, its not hard.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I haven't kept up with patch notes in like 2 years. My b.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

How Rude posted:

If Riot isn't willing to nerf Armor/HP itemization then they absolutely need to buff ADC itemization wrt dealing damage to tanks. Last Whisper should just do total armor again so that you can sit on the 1300g like you used to if a tank became a large threat. If Assassins and melee carries abuse it make it ranged only, its not hard.
They'd have to fix it in a way where Jayce loses it immediately if he switches to hammer form too which is probably going to cause a hundred different bugs.

The issue was the change in armor penetration into lethality, which was ironically supposed to make assassins better, but Rengar became broken without item changes and nobody plays the other AD assassins often

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

nobody plays the other AD assassins often

Not surprising as the assassin update dumpstered Talon and also hit Zed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The real answer is that riot needs to give up on their general item strategy and create role specific items (kind of like jungle items) because any item they make more useful for adc is going to just powerup bruisers and assassins who will then use those items on said adcs

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wish they'd experiment a little more with mages in the bot lane. Make changes to Tailliyah so she's the anti-push mage, fix Mordekaiser's stupid rear end, Nerf Ziggs but not in such a brutal way that he's useless in all lanes. Riot's issue is always competitive diversity. There's usually only one or two team comps that you can really use in any given patch.

Buff Janna's shield on towers. Make Fortify an item. Buff Ohmwrecker. If everyone's going to party bottom at least make changes so it's more interactive than just AFK farming if you're the first team to get 4-man'd.

e: Scarra mentioned there needs to be more items, like there are for top lane. If a tank's first item is Dead Man's plate it makes a big difference on how that lane is played. An ADC or a Mage don't have that sort of option, they've got a pretty static first item path and in ADC's case it's just a bunch of items that start to stack off each other and don't do anything unique

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

riots adc rework more or less made all of them worse, except for the ones they accidentally made into bruisers. my favorite rework was the kog'maw rework, where ultimately all they did was add a mana cost to his W, which was just a really long bad unneeded weird nerf.

Actually the marksman rework made most of ad's really freaking strong. I don't know if you remember but for a while you could basically have all marksmen teams. With Graves/Kindred/Quinn/Adc/Support, this was a legit comp at some point early in season 6 and even played at lcs level.

The thing is they all got nerfed repeatedly. Quinn lost all the burst she gained and just kept her mobility. Graves was nerfed to oblivion but still has a strong kit somehow. If you remember on post rework his q dmg was insanely broken. KogMaw was made into a even scarier late game monster until they revert that. So the rework was alright but as usual riot just revert all the good changes without trying to create a counter to them.

Now the Assassin rework that is some failed poo poo right there. Khazix/Rengar/Shaco are pretty good right now but I think that was more due to the jungle experience being messed up and Rengar's numbers being overtuned. Zed nobody gives a fk about the new passive on his ult. Like u can get 20+ more ad if u kill adc whoopy. Like u need more ad on zed. Talon is fun to play but freakin useless. Might as well play Jayce who is much more safer than him can burst can poke.

• Locked thread