Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Nier looks sick.............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Nier looks sick.............

Its gonna be a toss up between that and Persona 5 for my GOTY 2017.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

in the year mario 3d world and link between worlds came out, neither was announced until e3

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

You can buy game subscriptions with in-game gold as of a couple years ago.

Thats pretty cool

Soral
May 30, 2009

the big nintendo switch reveal is in 5 days and people are already throwing in with games for goty....... smdh

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

In Training posted:

Same, this is going to be an awesome year. Hope Persona 5 doesn't get delayed again though.

Soral posted:

the big nintendo switch reveal is in 5 days and people are already throwing in with games for goty....... smdh

everyone forgot about dragon's dogma for GOTY 2016, gotta get out ahead of it this year with all the epic Q1 games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching Alex play MM2 makes me want to replay it even though I beat it like a month ago.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Jeff streaming old games
https://beam.pro/jeffgerstmann

e: archive here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5r0NhpbQg

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 9, 2017

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

New series where dan and vinny play a hard nes game until they run out of continues and then they stop, i guess it'll be a shorter daily show until they beat it

today its contra

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Sharkopath posted:

New series where dan and vinny play a hard nes game until they run out of continues and then they stop, i guess it'll be a shorter daily show until they beat it

today its contra

I hope they do Smash TV

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should have called it Credit Check or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

today its contra

I like that my dream is coming true of giant bomb just playing old games considering 80 - 100% of their premium content now is them playing games from the 80s and 90s.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Rorie on Bombcast "I hope they make more Garfield movies"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fumaofthelake posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-murray-voiced-garfield-because-he-thought-director-was-joel-coen-2014-1

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Fumaofthelake posted:

good lord!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Literally every single time rorie speaks this last podcast he just brings up wow. Unbearable

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this is the run is only good live because if you watch an archived version you can see the countdown to video over which kinda ruins the pressure

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

vinny and dan doing the random cheap steam horror game again, its really good

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
On this week's bombcast, Jeff said he was going to NYC for the Nintendo Switch event, so I'm hoping that he will turn up on this week's Beastcast too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jeff should stay in NY

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Jeff should stay in NY, and he should send for Drew.

Tell Brad that you're sending some guys back to the west coast "just to shake things up", and then put Alex on a plane, which then spins into the ocean, with no survivors.

Soral
May 30, 2009

hmmm... on the other hand i dont think it would be cool or good if alex died

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It would be sort of epic if Alex died a heros death though, somehow.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The optimal arrangement is whichever one has Jeff Vinny and Drew on the same coast.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Soral posted:

hmmm... on the other hand i dont think it would be cool or good if alex died

big alex fan here

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

oh man a story about health insurance that sure is something to point and laugh at because game devs are not real people

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Giantbomb is good

Waypoint is bad

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

there was one asking for comment from women game devs who are going to the trump inaug protest too, while i'm all for some New Games Journalism i'm honestly not sure how you spin an article from two largely unrelated things like this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Future of Game Dev in the Trump Years

calling it now

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Er.. AIDS.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

there was one asking for comment from women game devs who are going to the trump inaug protest too, while i'm all for some New Games Journalism i'm honestly not sure how you spin an article from two largely unrelated things like this

it's because

Fumaofthelake posted:

Giantbomb is good

Waypoint is bad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

Jeff should stay in NY, and he should send for Drew.

Tell Brad that you're sending some guys back to the west coast "just to shake things up", and then put Alex on a plane, which then spins into the ocean, with no survivors.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
My roomie listens to the Waypoint podcasts, so I get to hear bits of them every week, and man oh man the conversation they were having about the importance of fanfic seemed loving epiccccc

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the Bequest quick look is really good & funny btw

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

the Bequest quick look is really good & funny btw

It's one of my favorites now, I miss the days when they would play whatever low budget game came out because they usually led to really great quick looks.

Now steam is full of garbage but they rarely check it out.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Darkest of Days and Jurassic the Hunted real classics.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'm a Motorbike guy through and through

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

waypoint fans are super into writing fan fiction. specifically "waypoint is good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Moments ago, I finished watching my wife give birth, and it seemed fitting to head upstairs, pour some scotch, sit down, and write my final fanfiction for waypoint. This, my friends, is it.