Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

BDawg posted:

There's more to worry about. The angel let a bunch of people die, told the demon they were shadows, but then visited their graves.

Wait, weren't those the graves of the family that was killed there at the beginning of the movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That's what I took from it too. Although the fake people twist makes a lot of the things that happened even weirder.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
There is an entire documentary about Jon Mikl Thor and it is as glorious of a trainwreck that you would imagine based on his role in Rock n Roll Nightmare.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Centauri Emperor looked a lot different in his school photos.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Watched the riff for Star Trek VI and it had one of my favorite riffs:

"You can't spell warrior without one "i"."

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Finally just saw Deadly Prey. My god what a loving trainwreck of a movie. I wonder if that sequel they made is try-to-be-campy poo poo like Birdemic 2 or if it would be a good candidate to riff.

Wanted to chime in and agree with the poster a few pages back who said Hillibillies in a Haunted House hasn't gotten enough love. That movie is so loving ridiculous and the riff is hilarious. Also Arachnia is another really funny one.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Gozinbulx posted:

Finally just saw Deadly Prey. My god what a loving trainwreck of a movie. I wonder if that sequel they made is try-to-be-campy poo poo like Birdemic 2 or if it would be a good candidate to riff.

Redlettermedia talked about both movies...

According to them, Deadliest Prey is basically a rehash of the original, except with changes to all of the things that bothered them about the first one, plot-wise.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Rifftrax is doing another movie from the Birdemic guy, this time about cloning. The riffed version isn't out yet but they have put the unriffed version of the movie on their site for sale

AV Club article about the movie

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ixnay posted:

Rifftrax is doing another movie from the Birdemic guy, this time about cloning. The riffed version isn't out yet but they have put the unriffed version of the movie on their site for sale

AV Club article about the movie

Holy poo poo.

Replica is the one film Nguyen didn't release. Think about that. Birdemics 1&2 were fine by his standards. Julie and Jack was acceptable for release.

This is the film he's ashamed of. What.

edit: Jesus Christ, the preview is almost word for word from Julie and Jack. And I know he loves ripping off lines from it, because he did the same thing in Birdemic 2.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 11, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Looks like they're going to be selling unriffed movies now.

You can get Whizzo's Christmas Circus without riffs!

...yay?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Looks like they're going to be selling unriffed movies now.

You can get Whizzo's Christmas Circus without riffs!

...yay?

Look.

Some one, some where, has some kind of nostalgia for Whizzo.

For some reason

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

Look.

For some reason

These words are as true for Whizzo as they were for Balloonland. "It was a simpler, stupider time."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am i wrong or did they offer unrifled versions for download before? Like, it was an option when you purchased a riff.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Ape of Naples posted:

Am i wrong or did they offer unrifled versions for download before? Like, it was an option when you purchased a riff.

It was for a lot of the shorts, I recall.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

What excites me most about that AV Club article was Mike saying he wanted to riff Neil Breen movies.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ballz posted:

What excites me most about that AV Club article was Mike saying he wanted to riff Neil Breen movies.

I'm torn about this. On the one hand, Neil Breen movies are such fertile ground for riffs that I have no doubt every single one would be a classic. On the other hand, Neil Breen movies are such a unique experience that any first-time viewer should always go in blind without riffs to distract you.

Plus, I'd be worried about Neil catching on that people watch his movies ironically and he'd start doing intentionally bad movies to pander. I want that glorious Vegas weirdo to make genuine and earnest cinema garbage for decades to come. :allears:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Ballz posted:

That's awesome! I remember seeing and interview before with Kevin saying that he had been trying to convince Mike and Bill to riff them (and at the time they didn't want to). Now that means at least 2/3 of the main Rifftrax crew want to do it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm torn about this. On the one hand, Neil Breen movies are such fertile ground for riffs that I have no doubt every single one would be a classic. On the other hand, Neil Breen movies are such a unique experience that any first-time viewer should always go in blind without riffs to distract you.

Having already seen Fateful Findings clean, I say bring it on.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Early Rhino MST3K sets would have the unriffed movie as a bonus.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

A few of their physical DVDs offer the unriffed movie. Galaxy Invader is one, and I think Planet of the Dinosaurs is another.

It's a nice novelty to have the unriffed movie, but even as a fan I can't see myself every spending money to have the vast majority of these films unriffed. Particularly this first wave (really? Manos? Just get the blu-ray if you're hankering that bad for pure uncut Torgo)

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
I really wanted to see the un-riffed version of Phoebe since it was pretty fascinating on its own, especially with the history of the director.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I will buy the un-riffed Roller Gator and put it on to clear out parties.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Why not have the downloads have 2 audio tracks? Seems pretty simple but I guess then it would be harder to charge more.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I bought and watched Replica, because I need to complete my James Nguyen collection. It seems like the only thing he learned from this "film" was that green screen sets are a bad idea, hence only using it once in Birdemic. Everything else is more or less the same, though; The bizarre writing, the "acting", the shooting, the driving, the staying on shots for way too long, the whole no one knows how to act human thing, the wrong music for a scene, stealing shots, and so much more.

It's a mind gently caress. Can't wait for the Bluray release.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
What about the parking???

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

BDawg posted:

What about the parking???

Much less then expected. Tons of driving though!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Replica riff coming Feb. 10.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Burkion posted:

Look.

For some reason

Whizzo really explains so much about why baby boomers are the way they are.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If for some reason you didn't already know, Rifftrax is having a contest. Film a James Nguyen-esque trailer from an alternate reality where he was inspired by a different director than Hitchcock to win $100 worth of merch and certificates.

I considered making one using Shyamalan footage, but I think the world might implode from the batshit insanity.

Edit: and just now I had a vision of "WHAT IF: James Nguyen was inspired by Tommy Wiseau??". My nose started bleeding and suddenly I don't remember how to do math.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 20, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
"Sola pamals! Yoh tawing me apaha!"

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Free Drinks posted:

A few of their physical DVDs offer the unriffed movie. Galaxy Invader is one, and I think Planet of the Dinosaurs is another.

It's a nice novelty to have the unriffed movie, but even as a fan I can't see myself every spending money to have the vast majority of these films unriffed. Particularly this first wave (really? Manos? Just get the blu-ray if you're hankering that bad for pure uncut Torgo)

Besides the novelty factor, I think the primary motivation for offering these is that, in the spirit of Rifftrax, you'll be heckling them with your friends.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Were the unriffed versions unedited or the same cut that was on MST3k/Rifftrax? I suppose possibly seeing an uncut version of some of the movies might be interesting.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
The patriotism riff is free today, and when you add it to the cart you get the Bill of Rights in Action short too:
http://www.rifftrax.com/patriotism

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oben posted:

The patriotism riff is free today, and when you add it to the cart you get the Bill of Rights in Action short too:

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I surprised myself. I looked at my library to see what I already had after I grabbed that up, and as it turns out, I some how picked up the Mario Brothers movie. I do not remember this and apparently have not watched it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oben posted:

Thank you for your service, I can't be bothered to read half the emails they send me :patriot:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If for some reason you didn't already know, Rifftrax is having a contest. Film a James Nguyen-esque trailer from an alternate reality where he was inspired by a different director than Hitchcock to win $100 worth of merch and certificates.

I considered making one using Shyamalan footage, but I think the world might implode from the batshit insanity.

Edit: and just now I had a vision of "WHAT IF: James Nguyen was inspired by Tommy Wiseau??". My nose started bleeding and suddenly I don't remember how to do math.

I'd want Zack Snyder-inspired Nguyen.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Burkion posted:

So I surprised myself. I looked at my library to see what I already had after I grabbed that up, and as it turns out, I some how picked up the Mario Brothers movie. I do not remember this and apparently have not watched it.

It was in one of the humble bundles they did, if you happened to buy those.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Breadallelogram posted:

It was in one of the humble bundles they did, if you happened to buy those.

That might have been it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Burkion posted:

You are in for a treat.

• Locked thread