Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Holy cow this thread sucks. Is this really what people on your subforum are like? You can get a more rational conversation from literally any person and most dogs you see on the street. I have no idea why any person would actually seek it out as a worthwhile place to talk to human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Lowtax posted:

Uh maybe you don't have real racists where you live, but here in the Midwest, racists take pride in being called racist. That's how they know they're pissing people off.

I recommend you read the works of frantz fanon, bell hooks, w.e.b. du bois, and many other prominent black writers that could take up a whole page in order so that you realize through your extremely dense brain that racism is not always as bumbling and outspoken as you are

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Also, I, too, believe it's a fundamental character flaw that lets a person leave an establishment without The Rowdy Trout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHchmWsrfUo

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Lowtax posted:

Uh maybe you don't have real racists where you live, but here in the Midwest, racists take pride in being called racist. That's how they know they're pissing people off.

Do you honestly think that because that would be a good angle for a discussion on what racism actually is and its impact if you would like to have it.

Seriously this isn't a poo poo post

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was in a weird financial position at the time and was doing a dumb thing where I freaked out about spending money on non-essentials. I really should have bought that loving trout!

Look at you, still claiming The Rowdy Trout is a "non-essential," you have learned nothing

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Doctor Butts posted:

Is this thread about racism?

Nope. But you might check out one of the other dozens of DnD threads.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Chelb posted:

I recommend you read the works of frantz fanon, bell hooks, w.e.b. du bois, and many other prominent black writers that could take up a whole page in order so that you realize through your extremely dense brain that racism is not always as bumbling and outspoken as you are

or we could just say no, and that you're an annoying idiot

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

Holy cow this thread sucks. Is this really what people on your subforum are like? You can get a more rational conversation from literally any person and most dogs you see on the street. I have no idea why any person would actually seek it out as a worthwhile place to talk to human beings.

Most of the people replying in this thread are not regular posters in D&D.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Psycho Society posted:

Holy cow this thread sucks. Is this really what people on your subforum are like? You can get a more rational conversation from literally any person and most dogs you see on the street.
You must not spend a lot of time around millenials

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Psycho Society posted:

Yes, it's terrible, run away as fast as you can.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was in a weird financial position at the time and was doing a dumb thing where I freaked out about spending money on non-essentials. I really should have bought that loving trout!

You could cement your legacy as best fyad-lite sourced admin by starting a goon project between the sewing thread and the rc hobby thread to create artisan rowdy trouts

we need more silly but achievable goon projects imo, like when womens fashion sewed a bunch of golden robot dresses

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lowtax posted:

Look at you, still claiming The Rowdy Trout is a "non-essential," you have learned nothing
[collapses, mumbling "hours of fishy fetching fun" while sobbing]

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Lowtax posted:

Teach us to laugh again :cry:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Chelb posted:

Oh I didn't know I was personally racist too.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

"A real racist is what I say it is", Lowtax proclaims to the internet, and hundreds of white heads nod in emphatic agreement

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Terrific Accident posted:

I think part of the topic is how to get more people with a wider range of opinions involved in D&D instead of telling people they're stupid and to get out. There seems to be an odd struggle between people who think they own D&D and should have editorial control over the discourse, down to what words people can and can't say in any context. It's like most of the people here are doing a kind of verbal judo to get others to give up and leave instead of continuing a discussion.

It's really, really easy to ignore those posts that are trying to control the discourse and focus on others that do engage with the new posters evenly and fairly. I see this all the time, where someone comes in and makes a post that is (probably) in good faith that gets a half-dozen thoughtful replies and a half-dozen replies sarcasticly mocking them. 90% of the time the good replies will be ignored and the mocking ones will be all that's focused on. And that just leads to a feedback loop of awfulness.

But that's not unique to D&D in the slightest. But somehow what started as a joke about the supposed awfulness of this forum has mutated and is taken as gospel by posters that haven't read a thread here in years.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Psycho Society posted:

I don't frequent a lot of threads around here but I am under the impression that there are a substantial amount of posters here who don't post regularly in this subforum.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get why people are racist though, I just don't get it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Should have made a kickstarter.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

wait hold on a sec

why does a comedy message board have a "debate and discussion" subsection

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

You could cement your legacy as best fyad-lite sourced admin by starting a goon project between the sewing thread and the rc hobby thread to create artisan rowdy trouts

we need more silly but achievable goon projects imo, like when womens fashion sewed a bunch of golden robot dresses
Lmao at the phrase "cum-loving racist." I still can't believe someone has been spending hundreds on all these titles.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I had three Rowdy Trouts but I felt bad about my privilege so I donated one to charity

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Oh I didn't know I was personally racist too.

That's not what I said, you dolt. I'm calling you a dumbass

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

non-essentials

that loving trout!

choose one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey everybody! Come look! This racist loves cum! This racist is a cum-lover! Everyone look at the cum-loving racist!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Stroop There It Is posted:

You must not spend a lot of time around millenials

We're actually pretty fun to talk to, the weird reactionary folk tend to be 30-40 and perpetually angry

Just dont mention stable jobs that pay well or we'll lock ourselves in your bathroom and weep softly

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

I don't get why people are racist though, I just don't get it.

false consciousness created by the ownership class in order to divide the workers and prevent popular uprising, op

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
So here some words:

After the Trump election thing, the forums went absolutely nuts (as did everywhere). There was a thread in GBS, started by one Mr. (?) Black Baby Goku entitled "Guess demonizing white people wasn't such a good idea after all..." or something to that effect. In the end, it got gassed.

During the course of the thread there were more than a few posts about black people, complete with charts and graphs, that strongly insinuated that black people were more violent than white people as a whole. I believe this would fall under the "blanket statements" rule that doesn't have any personal attacks against specific posters.

So I guess my question is: would these threads be allowed? Would we start seeing "Here's what I think is wrong with all Muslims" as a thread title in DnD?

This is the best specific example I could come up with and some clarification on this would probably solve a lot of the fears people here are (attempting) to present.

Thank you.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey everybody! Come look! This racist loves cum! This racist is a cum-lover! Everyone look at the cum-loving racist!

*sweats nervously*

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That's a good point but have you considered the idea that all of

and furthermore

i did consider that, however

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also some people are just really lovely. like, wow, super lovely

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Personally, as a prominent poster of the forum titled Debate & Discussion, if someone asserted that gays were as bad as paedophiles, I'd simply couldn't debate that notion. There is no argument that I'd be able to present and discuss in support of my opposing opinion. This is just how it is, okay?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dicky B posted:

wait hold on a sec

why does a comedy message board have a "debate and discussion" subsection

Every bbs board, even that kiwi farms deal has one,

it's law.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Chelb posted:

That's not what I said, you dolt. I'm calling you a dumbass

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is a cum-loving racist better or worse than a cum-hating racist? What about a cum-neutral racist?

Not asking for a friend, this is for me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A real racist is the person that votes for Democrats. Republicans cannot be resist because Racism = Prejudice + DNC.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Chelb posted:

My man, please stop posting if all you're going to do is try to vilify people with straw man arguments or attack their character (which are all your posts in this thread atm)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

:lol::lol::lol:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Chelb posted:

I thought you were being serious with your posts in this thread but now that you're pulling the "how dense can you be to have not read all of these books by political activists" I'm less sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

A real racist is the person that votes for Democrats. Republicans cannot be resist because Racism = Prejudice + DNC.

You have to help me out here, I am supposed to hate a person because of their skin color, and I can;t do that. Am I broken?

• Locked thread