Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Ben Carson is Ben Carsoning again.

https://twitter.com/AndrewNBCNews/status/819577515018747904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KildarX posted:

I like Dr. Ben Carson. I don't know why, he says some really dumb and insane poo poo some times and some of his answers seems like hes parroting generic party lines " the private sector will help." He's not particularly charismatic. I just feel like he couldn't possibly be the worst person put in this position. Like he would gut the HUD and pillage it for financial gain.

Carson is weird in the sense that unlike...well all the other candidates (with the limited) exception of Rand Paul to an extent, has done tremendous work as a doctor and without a doubt saved and improved the lives of children.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ben Carson was apparently a pretty good neurosurgeon, though when it comes to anything else he's utterly retarded. Also he's a ln egotistical self-promoter to the same degree Pissybaby is, but slightly better at passing among normal people.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casimir Radon posted:

Ben Carson was apparently a pretty good neurosurgeon, though when it comes to anything else he's utterly retarded. Also he's a ln egotistical self-promoter to the same degree Pissybaby is, but slightly better at passing among normal people.

I think someone compared it to Fighter Pilots.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

He's a good neurosurgeon but likes claiming a lot of accolade for himself that were actually done and executed by a large team.

That's before you get to his hypocrisy on government funded higher education that he benefitted from, but wants to deny to all others, and his creationist views that would make Ken Ham smile.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

He's a good neurosurgeon but likes claiming a lot of accolade for himself that were actually done and executed by a large team.

That's before you get to his hypocrisy on government funded higher education that he benefitted from, but wants to deny to all others, and his creationist views that would make Ken Ham smile.

Yea and that's why I don't know why I am fine with friend Ben. The dude said he had a psychic link with a bear. That pyramids where for grain storage... and yet I am wishing it was him as potus
instead

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Too little, too late, but the DoJ IG is going to look into how the department handled the election.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The Senate Armed Services Committee voted to approve Mattis' waiver for SECDEF. Only Gillibrand, Blumenthal, and Warren voted against.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

We find that Comey did in fact break the law in this black and white, incontrovertible manner. Here's a signed document and video taped confession of doing it specifically for the stated purposes of, "gently caress that oval office. Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich".

*is pardoned by Trump .002 picoseconds later*

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm 100% in favor of Mattis given the context we're in, but something no one is talking about: a huge part of his job will be overseeing huge projects in an organization with fraud issues. He was on the board of directors for Theranos. His fraud and waste oversight credentials are really not good.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Cugel the Clever posted:

Problem is that there's a small but vocal minority of identity politics folk who respond to the idea of addressing both social and economic issues as if you had proposed their grandma be ripped apart by rabid dogs. Unless the handful of such individuals in D&D are just alt-right trolls masquerading as that brand of leftist, there's a real, visceral refusal to broaden the message, no matter how much you emphasize that both are essential to building a stronger left.

In my experience, they're the active core. As far as I can tell, the narrative of, "Economics is for people too racist/sexist for Social Justice," is mainstream Democratic political culture.

If I weren't lazy as gently caress, I might look into starting a DSA branch. Half the Democratic party's as committed to bringing back the Gilded Age as the GOP. They're trash. A replacement is necessary if we're ever going to have political representation.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

bird food bathtub posted:

We find that Comey did in fact break the law in this black and white, incontrovertible manner. Here's a signed document and video taped confession of doing it specifically for the stated purposes of, "gently caress that oval office. Get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich".

*is pardoned by Trump .002 picoseconds later*

Good, that's the kind of wasteful utilization of political capital that'll expedite the impeachment process.

Best Friends posted:

I'm 100% in favor of Mattis given the context we're in, but something no one is talking about : a huge part of his job will be overseeing huge projects in an organization with fraud issues. He was on the board of directors for Theranos. His fraud and waste oversight credentials are really not good.

Welcome to the Trump administration! Try not to think about anything too much and it won't seem quite so bad. Kind of like drifting into a warm sleep after a terribly cold day out in the elements.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Best Friends posted:

I'm 100% in favor of Mattis given the context we're in, but something no one is talking about : a huge part of his job will be overseeing huge projects in an organization with fraud issues. He was on the board of directors for Theranos. His fraud and waste oversight credentials are really not good.

be sure to buy Palantir stock if they actually go through with their rumored IPO

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I just don't

I the what gently caress

Who

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/819605873383407616

- Cory Booker

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

facialimpediment posted:

I just don't

I the what gently caress

Who

- Cory Booker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Through the looking glass.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

I just don't

I the what gently caress

Who

- Cory Booker

Scanners.gif

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Crested Butte got 7.5 feet in the last 10 days so it's time to go die in a snowdrift.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
All the snow is melting where I am and its been raining the last 2 days. Had about 2' and now its down to patches. Then its going to freeze next week (while I'm in the Caribbean :D) and getting above freezing the week after. It does wonders on the roads here!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What was their reasoning?

Booker and Menedez got their hands out for that New Jersey big pharma money.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

davecrazy posted:

Booker and Menedez got their hands out for that New Jersey big pharma money.

In fairness, New Jersey has a TON of pharmaceutical companies located there providing a bunch of jobs. So bucking against them so that they're faced with direct competition from Canada could be construed as going against their constituents. It's still poo poo, but such is life. It's poo poo all the way down.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Get ready for some grandstanding this evening,
https://twitter.com/martinmatishak/status/819637374506455040

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

facialimpediment posted:

I just don't

I the what gently caress

Who

- Cory Booker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUbRd3eIeY

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Expecting the Rescue statue to re-appear mid-inauguration as a final Trump trolling attempt.
This thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rescue_(statue)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Obama giving Biden a special sendoff right now. Biden fighten back tears.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

https://twitter.com/sarahdwire/status/819574883650797568

:allears:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah there's a lot of that going around right now. Schadenfreude incoming.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

People can't be that dumb. What the gently caress do they think Obamacare is? Is the ACA the part where they can afford Health Insurance because they work hard through the exchanges but the greedy insurance agency won't insure them cheaply, while Obamacare is the part where poor people who are a drain on our society get cheap insurance so they can afford it? :ironicat:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Found my favorite Biden gif.

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/819651319938088960

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

No one wants to take a handout from a uppity black man that might be a Muslim Manchurian candidate.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Whip Slagcheek posted:

No one wants to take a handout from a uppity black man that might be a Muslim Manchurian candidate.

But they'll take the piss from a "rich" orange man.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

KildarX posted:

People can't be that dumb.

lmao

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

LingcodKilla posted:

But they'll take the piss from a "rich" orange man.

https://twitter.com/davewiner/status/819574627760558080

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

KildarX posted:

People can't be that dumb. What the gently caress do they think Obamacare is? Is the ACA the part where they can afford Health Insurance because they work hard through the exchanges but the greedy insurance agency won't insure them cheaply, while Obamacare is the part where poor people who are a drain on our society get cheap insurance so they can afford it? :ironicat:

Framing and Branding make people that dumb. Not a lot of people have the time or patience to wade through the poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

KildarX posted:

It has Obama in it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

All the snow is melting where I am and its been raining the last 2 days. Had about 2' and now its down to patches. Then its going to freeze next week (while I'm in the Caribbean :D) and getting above freezing the week after. It does wonders on the roads here!

Last Thursday I had 7.5" of snow on pavement. Saturday it rained for like 10 hours and washed all of it away (and caused some flooding, etc). Today I've gotten about 4" so far and the snow isn't supposed to stop until sometime tomorrow evening.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So apparently RT and CSPAN had a crossfeed today :tinfoil:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

People can't be that dumb

I know it's been covered just a few messages up but I want to really drive this point home.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We're talking about millions of people that are one missed paycheck away from being on the street, but seriously believe that one more tax cut is what will make them a millionaire

• Locked thread