Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

What's Ur elo

i play norms with people ranging from gold to diamond borders but that could really mean anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

pog boyfriend posted:

i play norms

There is no hope for you

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

There is no hope for you

meh, i will take playing with guys who never fight in the circle and occasionally play adcs in the jungle over 15 year olds who think they are going to "make it" playing league any day

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Norms are great. I just play enough ranked to get gold then chill out in norms with friends for the rest of the season.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm trying to understand how this guy got to nearly Diamond 3 in Korea

http://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=%EC%BC%80%EC%9D%B4%ED%8B%80%EB%A6%B0%EC%A3%BC%EC%82%BC

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I recently played a Vi game. Can anyone watch and give me some advice?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6hRBFOEghX6NzNDNXFRVjJlUVU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6hRBFOEghX6QkhkelU3cWxpMW8
It's in two parts because I alt tabbed

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

I'm trying to understand how this guy got to nearly Diamond 3 in Korea

http://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=%EC%BC%80%EC%9D%B4%ED%8B%80%EB%A6%B0%EC%A3%BC%EC%82%BC

p;ositive winrate??

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Oof, people are really, really not happy with the new Feral Warwick skin.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Oof, people are really, really not happy with the new Feral Warwick skin.

It is really bad.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Looks fine to me????

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I try to get back into league it turns out ADC is even worse than before.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Every time I try to get back into league it turns out ADC is even worse than before.

MF is still strong and requires no skill. Try that.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Here's what I hope riot do for supports - give us 3 new pings:

One that says 'OK ADC, you've hosed up your positioning real bad and eaten an easily anticipated thresh hook. You're going to die unless I do something. I'm going to have to give my life as it's better that I go down than you. No, don't turn around and continue fighting, that defeats the point. We don't need 2 deaths here. Seriously, stop, Lee sin is here and once he kicks off my head he's going to waste you under the tower. Its 2v3 why are you going back in? Oh god, support is the worst'.

Another that says 'OK Adc, you're on 30% HP, your summoners are down. Not a good time to fight. I'm just hooking their ADC to chunk off a good portion of their health to set up for the next fight when my cooldowns are ready again. In 20 seconds we can get a kill. No, don't go in, for gods sake don't go ham, it's not the time ah Jesus another double kill for Draven ohgodno'.

The last one can just say 'gently caress me how do you keep eating thresh hooks seriously you can see him spinning his scythe before he does it, also of course he's going to try if theres no creeps blocking, ohmygod stop it already'.

Pretty easy fix IMO thanks rito

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sounds like all of the pings are you being mad, so use ? like everyone else.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
An overview of Piltover and Zaun. Going to guess the mentioned Bridge will be another ARAM map?

Taitale posted:

It is really bad.

Darth Windu posted:

Looks fine to me????

It does, but it looks like the main complaints are "This doesn't look feral in the slightest", "This isn't even related to the look of the skin I payed for", and "I paid 975 for this skin, why is the cheaper skin looking better now? This looks like a recolour of the base skin" They're asking for a redo, which Riot has said isn't happening, but their reasons are a tad weaksauce since they've reworked other skins in a way which negates their excuses:

Reav3 posted:

Feral Warwick

So there have been many comments about how Feral Warwick isn't Feral anymore. We don't plan on doing big changes to the skin except small adjustments to the splash to match the in-game color more and a bit of model polish on his clothing. I did think I should at least explain the thematic and how we got to where we got. We definitely didn't intend to take away his feralness or ignore his previous thematic. Pre-Rework Feral Warwick was a feral beast that got captured and then escaped due to how feral and out of control he was (hence the broken chains on his wrist) We had to preserve the tanks on his back and claw for each skin so we needed to incorporate those into the new skin. The thematic is supposed to be similar to pre-rework feral in that he was a feral werewolf that gets captured and is experimented on and then escapes the lab, killing everyone and running back into the wild. We just added a bit of a twist to it. I thought it would be at least fair to explain our reasoning behind the changes.

Just to note, several of the other skins don't feature the mechanical stuff. It's fine to just say you're pressed for time and can't devote time and money to it, man.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 13, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In the end, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other what his feral skin looks like, because I already have his best skin, the grandma skin, although the hyena one is up there.

I wonder if warwick is going to favor AD/cooldown over on-hits now, he gets some decent ratios on his Q and R and his R was reduced from 5 hits to 3, I feel like he is going to want to max CDR with how good his E and ult are, but he might have massive mana issues to overcome.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 13, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think its interesting that they're concerned with making supports better when they are already fine and its literally player perception thats the issue. prepare to see a lot of champs with way too good of bases rampaging around in top and jungle soon again i guess

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
*support brand one shots the enemy adc while his adc gets oneshot by lee sin*
Riot: *rubs chin thoughtfully* hmm I think we need to make supports better

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone link me what grey Warwick looks like

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

stump collector posted:

p;ositive winrate??

Look deeper, friend

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Look deeper, friend

everything in the rune and mastery pages ranges from weird to complete garbage
if that's not the answer i'm really lost

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

stump collector posted:

everything in the rune and mastery pages ranges from weird to complete garbage
if that's not the answer i'm really lost

Another thing is the kda. Even on his positive win rate champions it's still not that good

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

Another thing is the kda. Even on his positive win rate champions it's still not that good

and he's permanently 3rd or 4th on damage even on hypercarries

dude is a master at getting carried, i wish i had this power

I played against him in a normal when he was on Vayne and dude literally had 5 cs at 5 minutes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

learning to get carried is a real skill that basically nobody possesses because god told them to lock in syndra support, and that their adc would fail entirely of his own accord and that it would then be time for syndra to win the game

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i AM the syndra, baby

me and the ziggs kicked their butts!!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Illoi top bullied me out as Darius and we lost the match

How do I got gud with squid lady because her flavor is way better than angry man with axe or large man with sword

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kitfox88 posted:

How do I got gud with squid lady because her flavor is way better than angry man with axe or large man with sword

http://lolalytics.com/champion/Illaoi/

Apparently you build GA and death's dance (though not in that order).

Good luck. She wins lane but not much else.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kitfox88 posted:

As someone who was really excited for her, I have come to really dislike Illaoi because she feels like the personification of the buzzword "counterplay" that Riot loves to spout from time to time. She has counterplay! You can kill her tentacles! If you get hit by her e and don't want to fight, you can run away and kill her tentacles!

And that's obnoxious.

If some other top-laner hits you with a skillshot and you don't want to fight them because you're behind, then your "counterplay" is to blink/dash/flash/walk away from them. They might chase you and dive you, and you still might die — but all during this time the enemy player is making decisions and directing their champion to do things. But if Illaoi hits you with hers, then you get to play a mini-game for the duration of its cooldown after which she can just do it again. That mechanic by itself gives her really oppressive and lasting zoning power, which she doesn't even have to actively pay attention to or direct once it starts because the tentacles follow you irrespective of what she does.

Sure, you could just ~git gud~ and not get hit by her e in the first place, but that's not "counterplay" to Illaoi inasmuch as it's advice so obvious and universal as to be useless. "Don't get hit by it" is obviously the thing you want to do against any skillshot. Or any attack or ability at all.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

what are you suggesting is the alternative to being able to avoid a skill shot

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't know but playing dodge simulator if you do get caught is really annoying.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Kitfox88 posted:

She shouldn't win, that is a really bad lane for her. If she pulls you with E, fight her because it will lower the duration of the vessel. Otherwise she can't do much, the Q is super slow and yeah that's it. If she's 6 and you're not don't fight her? Like her one good move is E > R to get multiple tentacles and then slamming you to death.

Also I cannot wait for ten bans. I keep letting things slip through bans and it destroys me every time: "Oh good, the diamond player in flex got the kha'zix jungle" *goes 38/5/something* or some other bullshit like a platinum LB. Also I keep seeing tryns lately which is a massive coin flip on whether their team carries them or they can split push for just long enough. Really unhappy to see him again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought i read that solo queue was staying at six bans but i also cant remember where i read that. but i dont think 10 bans in solo queue is a guarantee at any rate

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
From here it sounds like they are bringing in a different 10 ban system for solo queue.

http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/01/ask-riot-three-refunds-10-bans/

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Electrical Fire posted:

From here it sounds like they are bringing in a different 10 ban system for solo queue.

http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/01/ask-riot-three-refunds-10-bans/

That's fine, they should just let everyone ban at the same time in soloqueue.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
10s a good start but I want 20 bans and each player sets 2 bans when they queue and it does it automatically when you get into lobby. If a champ is double banned they're unbanned but if they're triple banned they're banned again.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

10s a good start but I want 20 bans and each player sets 2 bans when they queue and it does it automatically when you get into lobby. If a champ is double banned they're unbanned but if they're triple banned they're banned again.

Why has Riot not hired this man yet?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
and if everyone bans the same champ the game should turn into urf mode all-for-one

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Firebert posted:

and if everyone bans the same champ the game should turn into urf mode all-for-one

would do this, please give us the occasional ranked all 4 one urf and if someone dodges a ranked all 4 one urf mode then they are banned for like 2 weeks or something so you must reap what you sow :q: :unsmigghh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think every three bans you should do true damage to the champion. If enough true damage is done in a month they are permanently deleted from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

I think every three bans you should do true damage to the champion. If enough true damage is done in a month they are permanently deleted from the game.

Can't wait for all yi mains to unite and delete people with cc.

• Locked thread