Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Shneak posted:

Inklings in Mario Kart. I pray for the state of Nintendo.

This is a good thing what is wrong with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jarogue posted:

I guess the Koopa Kids were fired

too busy with their karting career

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chuch posted:

People sure have short memories. This was the amazing launch line-up for the PS4:

code:

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Contrast
DC Universe Online
FIFA 14
Flower
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
Need for Speed Rivals
Resogun
Skylanders: Swap Force
Sound Shapes
Super Motherload
The Playroom
Trine 2: Complete Story
Warframe

Knack and a bunch of previous gen ports. Wow. It didn't get its first killer app exclusive until March 2015 (Bloodborne). If you already had a 360, PS3, or a decent PC there was basically NO reason to buy a Bone or PS4 within a year of launch. We're getting day one Zelda then Splatoon and Mario in the first year, at minimum.

yeah but you could count on the ps4 having consistent third party support from beginning to end

let's look at all the consistent third party support the wii u got

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

I now feel totes secure in just waiting for the summer for this and I know it's gonna be good (eventually) so this was good for me personally I guess

psst hey Nintendo make another Metroid game you fuckboys

huh who said that

We are proud to announce... OTHER M 2 and FEDERATION FORCE 2

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Tatsuta Age posted:

lord jesus why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this

Time to play the new Zelda for me! Without having to buy over priced out dated piece of poo poo hardware, nor another pro controller.

RIP Nintendo.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Seriously, I do like what we have seen, but barring surprises I may just wait out until Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart 8 Switch comes out.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i think i'll just keep playing overwatch til i inevitably find one of these things in a bargain bin at K mart

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

the music in xenoblade x is amazing

They brought ACE+ back, of course it is. all I wnated, I will get past the anime trash and be thankful for what we're getting

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
also i'm officialy hyped now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ethanol posted:

whoever said earlier the switch is still portable if you have to bring a dock or buy one ($90) for your friend's tv set

lol

$90
Why would you have to do that?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's loving terrible.

Basically as you know, Chronicles is a classic JRPG with a nice huge map that makes it feel like you are actually exploring a world rather than going a straight line. It can be argued to be "open world' but it really isn't. Despite this it has a lot of explorable places with purpose and a is just a blast to run around in.

In contrast, X is simply one gigantic map with a bunch of sidequests. There are "main quests" but they are literally in an episodic format and make you do stupid requirements to unlock them. In short, it's like a single player MMO. It really isn't Xenoblade at all. For everything that should have been improved in the first game it was actually worse. Despite being in a gigantic map I'd argue that the exploration was worse as areas rarely felt like they had any purpose or thought put into them. Hell you often get lost with the map most of the time due to just bad design, despite being able to loving FLY. The battle system also sucks. Sure Xenoblade Chronicles battle system was sloppy but at least there were some tactics to it, X just feels random in comparison. Also the music is horrible and the story is pathetically bad. It's not really THAT bad of a game, it is just VERY disappointing coming after Xenoblade Chronicles.

I'd also like to add that the reason why Xenoblade Chronicles stood out was because it was the first (and arguably last to this day) great JRPG in a long long time because it remembered what actually makes a great JRPG. An engaging story, an intriguing world, great characters, smooth as butter pacing, well designed maps, and a fun battle system. Xenoblade Chronicles X has none of this.

EDIT - Also the final boss is loving bullshit.

Endorph posted:

While I love the artists work in Kill La Kill, I disagree. Sure hearing them separate from the game they are good. But in game they don't really seem to fit well. The tracks aren't really for an organic "earthly" atmosphere.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I sure hope the headphone jack on top works while docked because I need that to plug into my speakers

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
This is why they only ever do directs and this event will only strengthen their resolve to only ever have pre-recorded directs in the future.

Someone share some posts from when Uncle Death showed up though I wanna see how everyone else reacted to the translator not being prepared to handle such a man.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Jarogue posted:

I guess the Koopa Kids were fired

I'm pretty sure the one on the left is Morton in disguise.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

No mention of any specs was also really bad. At least they showed an HDMI cable, that's kind of a spec I guess

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

WHY WAS THERE A HYSTERICALLY CRYING ZELDA. DISLIKE

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

gently caress this country and it's stupidly expensive games.

I love how you get an NES or SNES game with a paid subscription but you only get to play it for a month.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is has been heroes the new no more heroes game?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

ethanol posted:

whoever said earlier the switch is still portable if you have to bring a dock or buy one ($90) for your friend's tv set

lol

$90

Why not just bring your dock, with you, if you're visiting a friend who doesn't have one and you want to play on his TV. Do you usually buy peripherals that your friends can't use that are basically just for you whenever you visit?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm going to quote this forever.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just let me know when the ambassador program starts.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ethanol posted:

lol

$90

I'm confused, why do you need to dock it?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Tatsuta Age posted:

lord jesus why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this

You say that like everyone has a WiiU.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Jimmy Hats posted:

Nah I was being genuine. Subscriptions to pay online are the new norm, so it's either hope for a decent game or assume we get stuck with the same indie art game circle jerk poo poo that playstation shits out every month

That's a good point with the indie criticism. I guess at this point my problem is I own most every Nintendo published game I'd ever want to play in some form.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dehry posted:

Just let me know when the ambassador pogrom starts.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Why would you have to do that?

so you can play together on a screen big enough to actually see?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PneumonicBook posted:

Probably because the Wii U version will run at 25 frames.

so 5 more than the switch version

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think people are burying the lede here so i edited the title namaste

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

No mention of any specs was also really bad. At least they showed an HDMI cable, that's kind of a spec I guess
Lol, if you expected specs. That is Actually Insane.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

do we know whether or not the switch has the right RAM in it?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Add to the OP.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endorph posted:

oh lol you meant XBX

you're stupid

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo's website cant handle the traffic but Bomberman (called Bomberman R) has 8 player online play and is a launch title. eShop I'm assuming.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

WHY WAS THERE A HYSTERICALLY CRYING ZELDA. DISLIKE

What if zelda was a boy???????????????????????????????????????????????

Also yes, zelda is a strong rear end princess. No need to cry unless this is a game where she is younger version of herself. Even then: less anime crys plz.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Endorph posted:

is has been heroes the new no more heroes game?

Releasing in 2 months with no footage or information or anything?

Nah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'd also like to add that the reason why Xenoblade Chronicles stood out was because it was the first (and arguably last to this day) great JRPG in a long long time
trails in the sky, trails of cold steel, tales of xillia, tales of berseria, tales of graces f, digimon story cyber sleuth, atelier escha and logy, dragon ball z attack of the saiyans

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESMO72Srz-w

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nintendo's website cant handle the traffic but Bomberman (called Bomberman R) has 8 player online play and is a launch title. eShop I'm assuming.

also there is a special edition and a "master edition" of Zelda but due to aforementioned website shittery I can't loving figure out what is in it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Endorph posted:

yeah but you could count on the ps4 having consistent third party support from beginning to end

let's look at all the consistent third party support the wii u got

PS4 and Xbox One had poo poo offerings for a long time. There entire first year was trash. Like 3DS first year quality.

There hasn't been a good launch lineup for a console since.....Gamecube?

A lot of this is because early adopters will buy anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress this country and it's stupidly expensive games.

I love how you get an NES or SNES game with a paid subscription but you only get to play it for a month.

Yeah we pay a lot for vibya games lately. I've been playing them less so it hasn't been so bad for me but still!

I am assuming it'll be an add to library kind of deal like psplus and xbonegold, and you'll have access to it as long as you have redeemed it and are subscribed

• Locked thread